Shopping on the Ship!

Great to know there might be magazines and books - I'll check up by the pool. There USED to be a library on the Magic. Just a small room in the bowels of the ship with puzzles and paperback books people had left and could borrow. I guess in this day and age people use iPads, etc, but I really like paper books. I'm on an 11 night transatlantic cruise with 4 full sea days in the middle. No excursions planned but I DO love poking around shops at any ports (1 England, 1 Ireland, and 3 in Canada).

I LOVE GROCERY STORES, TOO!!! Always go into any grocery stores even if I can't read the writing on the packages (like in Thailand or China). Of course Coca Cola is very recognizable. I collect coke bottles in different scripts.

Do they sell FOREIGN stamps on the ship? I went to Ireland a 2 years ago and bought stamps in advance because I like the 'pretty' philatelic ones that are harder to find. Heck, post offices are hard to find these days. They can be bought at irishstamps.ie although today the website must be down. US stamps can be bought at usps.com and they have some nice ones - like the new scratch and sniff popsicle stamps!

Thanks for everyone who answered my shopping question. I kinda like shopping. Wonder if Amazon will deliver to the middle of the ocean????
maybe with an Amazon drone!

Great to know there might be magazines and books - I'll check up by the pool. There USED to be a library on the Magic. Just a small room in the bowels of the ship with puzzles and paperback books people had left and could borrow. I guess in this day and age people use iPads, etc, but I really like paper books. I'm on an 11 night transatlantic cruise with 4 full sea days in the middle. No excursions planned but I DO love poking around shops at any ports (1 England, 1 Ireland, and 3 in Canada).

I LOVE GROCERY STORES, TOO!!! Always go into any grocery stores even if I can't read the writing on the packages (like in Thailand or China). Of course Coca Cola is very recognizable. I collect coke bottles in different scripts.

Do they sell FOREIGN stamps on the ship? I went to Ireland a 2 years ago and bought stamps in advance because I like the 'pretty' philatelic ones that are harder to find. Heck, post offices are hard to find these days. They can be bought at irishstamps.ie although today the website must be down. US stamps can be bought at usps.com and they have some nice ones - like the new scratch and sniff popsicle stamps!

Thanks for everyone who answered my shopping question. I kinda like shopping. Wonder if Amazon will deliver to the middle of the ocean????
s

It's been a while since I've been on a ship with a library but my daughter and I enjoyed it. I always buy souvenirs and gifts from grocery stores! Great fun exploring. I always buy local chocolate if I can.

It's been hit or miss with the foreign stamps on board. Sometimes they have them, sometimes not. I think it's better to mail them from a post box rather than leave them on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!