Shop Disney Parks verses Shopdisney

Amy11401

DIS Veteran
Sorry I never know where to but questions about shopping. I wanted to order something but it is only on Shop Disney parks not ShopDisney. On shopdisney they have a coupon code but that code does not work at Shop Disney parks. Does anyone know why these are different....you would think they would take the same coupons. Does ShopDisney parks ever have coupons? Thanks!

They're two different things, which is why the coupons don't work between them.

ShopDisney is basically like the Disney Store online, where Shop Disney Parks show merchandise just from the parks - like if you're actually in the parks, it will show you where the items are at that moment (ideally, lol, sometimes it's wrong). That's why some items will say "In Store Only", which means their stock of something is low in park, so they're not making it available on the app.

Shop Parks does honor AP discounts, but I'm not sure about any coupons. I've never seen any. I guess if something was on sale in the parks, it would carry over to the shop parks app, but I don't know for sure. I will say, when I order from Shop Parks, I get the items much faster than I do with Shop Disney.

The ShopParks app used to have promotions (usually 20-25% off) fairly regularly, as well as free shipping with no minimum purchase promotions, but both of those promotions have been very few and far between this year. They also used to have a feature on the main screen of stuff that had been marked down, but I haven't seen that in several months either. They have also made more and more things "in store only", I'm guessing for the same reason as the poster above suggested.

The two sites make me crazy. Shop parks honors my AP. Shopdisney gives me the small visa discount, which excludes everything I want. Often one will have an item while the other will show out of stock. Neither honors any dvc discount. I rarely purchase on either now. But I would if shipping was reasonable.

Thank you all for the explanations and information. I’ve Always wondered this too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter