Shoes to give a toddler a little extra height?

I just do not see what the difference is though. If someone wants to buy the cheapo sneakers that adds an extra inch and a half to their kids height then why do so many people on this board get so upset.

Many kids are wearing these same sneakers anyways. Many are arguing that the rides are not safe for those kids who are 39 3/4 inches. So those kids that are wearing the sneakers that the parent bought for the trip are at risk, but my kids who already had them are not.

If a kid is not borderline there is no way someone is going to be able to add multiple inches so that the kid can ride.

I do understand your point, and I don't speak for everyone on this thread but I'll try and sum up. The rule set down by the ride's manufacturer states that riders must be 40" in order for Disney to be able to install the ride they are required to enforce that all riders be 40" (not 40" cause they have big shoes or a tall ponytail or napkins stuffed into their shoes, etc.). However, it would be not be feasible for Disney to request every child to remove their shoes so children are measured with their shoes on. In an ideal world, your child should be smacking their head into the measuring stick because your 40" child is over 40" in shoes. What really gets people wound up in these threads is the attitude some parents have that the ONLY reason they are going to Disney is so that their DC can ride Space Mountain, and oh ooops the kid's a little too short so we'll just alter the coefficients that we can (alter their height somehow) and then we'll be able to have that perfect Disney vacation and look out any CM who tries to get into our way of what WE know is best for OUR child, and what is best is going on THAT ride RIGHT NOW! A lot of people here are objecting to the entitlement that people feel it is their right to dictate who rides what when, instead of following the rules. If you trace the rules back to their heart, you see that the manufacturer sets the height standard and therefore Disney is obligated to measure, and choosing to exploit the fact that Disney measures kids with their shoes on is where the situation begins to get messy. There are also other people on here who do focus heavily on the safety aspect of the riders being the correct height, and that is not without merit, the heights are set for the ride to be able to operate at its peak safety. Will something happen to your 39 7/8" child on a ride? Probably not, but many who have posted here believe if their child is not 40" that it is not safe for them to ride and instead do not offer their child the chance to ride for that exact reason. Others know that although their children are tall enough to ride, they would not enjoy being taken on a thrill attraction. There are lots of different opinions (and very strong ones) on this topic and that's how these threads get locked so often. You should not in any way be purposefully altering your child's height to get them onto a thrill attraction, if they are not tall enough they should not be riding, the rules are there for a reason and the rules apply TO EVERYONE.

My almost 5 yo is 39.25 inches. Anyone know of any growth-spurt inducing foods I can shove down her for the next month? :rotfl:

Ha! I wish I could tell you what made my little girl grow so fast... she's about the same age and 8" taller than your DD. Everyone thinks she's 8 b/c of her height. I think mine will be done growing around 11 or 12, when all the other kids are just blooming.

My almost 5 yo is 39.25 inches. Anyone know of any growth-spurt inducing foods I can shove down her for the next month? :rotfl:

We bought our 4yr old new sneakers right b4 we left because he blew out his at soccer the saturday b4 we left. We got regular ol' Walmart shoes for like $10 and he went from about your 5yr olds height to just hitting the 40in mark. It was a shocker to us because we had just measured him in his Nikes at he was only 39.75 and w/ these he made 40in (in the morning). Do ride the rides that require 40in in the morning though as by the time you have ridden them a few times, or by mid afternoon (if you are just barely passing) your LO will be too short....we learned that by him riding Test Track w/ Daddy coming down swapping out (rider swap) to ride w/ me and him being too short to ride (though he had just ridden and was cleared 4x b4 being turned away at the actual ride).

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be flip about it. In fact, in my own opinion I can't see how 1/32 of an inch can make a giant safety difference but, I know how strongly people can feel about this topic.
Here's some hugs to make up.
:hug::grouphug::flower3:

Oh and I have daredevil child too so I know how they are. My DS was riding the 40" rides at age 2 and before anyone freaks out he WAS tall enough. We grow them big in my family.
Love your Disney room!

The post is 9 years old, I am going to assume the child is now tall enough.

Yeah, I was halfway through reading the thread before I realized! (But, thankfully, I hadn't answered yet.)

It would be really cool if the first post of a thread changed color or something after so many months.

LOL. I am not recommending. You find these a lot in Korea and other Asian countries.

5fdb043d4e65e732d08c9f5df1ea170a--platform-sneakers.jpg

QPQ-2017-women-shoes-platform-casual-Harajuku-elevator-canvas-shoe-woman-Korean-fashion-muffin-thick-soled.jpg

mens-thick-sole-heighten-increasing-boots-fashion-boys-flat-platform-high-top-shoes-smile-logo-plus.jpg_640x640.jpg

Even business shoes

brand-products-women-shoes-korean-version-of-thick-soled-platform-shoes-in-the-fall-873-300x330_0.jpg

Some shoes have thicker soles than others. Take him and try different ones on.

Just be aware at if the soles look to the CM like they were worn with the intent to give extra height, they can have them removed before measuring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter