>> Shipping To & From Disney Resorts FAQ <<

In the All Ears newsletter that came out today, someone wrote in and advised the following:
"Jillian writes: We just returned from an eight-day stay at Walt Disney World and I have a tip regarding package deliveries from stores like Amazon. We ordered items for our baby (diapers, wipes, formula, etc.) 10 days prior to our trip and had them shipped to All Star Sports. I received emails a few days prior to our check-in day that our packages were delivered. Because of this, I only packed enough baby items for our first day. When we checked in around noon time, I asked about our packages and was told that hotels have been so overwhelmed with the number of package deliveries in the past several months, they no longer have the space to store the packages on-site. Instead, packages are sent to an off-site location. When you check in, your packages are then called for... but it can take a few days to get them to you. About 75 percent of our stuff was located by midnight, the rest by the following day. Needless to say, it was a very stressful start to our vacation and I won't be doing that again."

Has anyone else heard or experienced this?
I wonder if this mostly just the values, or specifically AS Sports because of the sheer number of guests at those resorts. In June we had several deliveries to SSR and had no problems. I timed them to be delivered right around when we arrived though...not days in advance. @edk35

Post #1 refers to "the Hess store on property" as a place to purchase alcoholic beverages. All the Hess stations have been converted to Speedway.

In regards to shipping suvinors home, is there an actual post office or ups or fedex near disney property? Or is it easier/better to ship from property? We will have a car for at least one day since we are planning a trip to the kennedy space center. If an item you purchase is extremely fragile, will the place you bought it from ship it home for you or are you on your own? I have my eye on some blown glass bowls (that ive seen online from blogs) from the crystal arts shop also blown glass ornaments that I'm concerned with getting home. This is of course if they still make these items when we get there in 2018.

In regards to shipping suvinors home, is there an actual post office or ups or fedex near disney property? Or is it easier/better to ship from property? We will have a car for at least one day since we are planning a trip to the kennedy space center. If an item you purchase is extremely fragile, will the place you bought it from ship it home for you or are you on your own? I have my eye on some blown glass bowls (that ive seen online from blogs) from the crystal arts shop also blown glass ornaments that I'm concerned with getting home. This is of course if they still make these items when we get there in 2018.

Have the shop ship it home for you. That way if something goes wrong in transit,it should be replaced with a call.

I wonder if this mostly just the values, or specifically AS Sports because of the sheer number of guests at those resorts. In June we had several deliveries to SSR and had no problems. I timed them to be delivered right around when we arrived though...not days in advance. @edk35
This has put me in an absolute panic. I am about to send an amazon package this week so we can retrieve it at arrival on Sat. It doesn't contain anything life or death important (ponchos, popcorn, Cars pool towels). We also have a Garden Grocer order. But I was fully expecting everything to be waiting for us. It shouldn't matter WHAT is inside. If it's addressed correctly it should be there, not somewhere else for days. Do you think I'll have a problem at AoA?

Sports and the other two values are smaller and less rooms

They were the first values constructed
They are only 3 stories high and 5 buildings

I have never had an issue receiving deliveries there

AoA is a larger complex
Pop Century is larger than Sports, Music and Movies
Pop has 4 floors in all their buildings

My guess would be the complexes that have more rooms would deal with the delivery problems more

This is just my thought
I have no information if the other value sections have delivery issues

I ordered my Amazon Prime delivery the Saturday before our vacation started yesterday. It was delivered on Thursday and was waiting in our room with our luggage when we got back from the parks last night.
We are AoA and had no issues. My box was smushed a little bit, but I had two large things of water in it. Also, I got 8 extra waters besides the two packs I ordered and a set of fake joke teeth. So, thanks Amazon!

I ordered my Amazon Prime delivery the Saturday before our vacation started yesterday. It was delivered on Thursday and was waiting in our room with our luggage when we got back from the parks last night.
We are AoA and had no issues. My box was smushed a little bit, but I had two large things of water in it. Also, I got 8 extra waters besides the two packs I ordered and a set of fake joke teeth. So, thanks Amazon!
That's really good news. I remembered seeing your name on the Oct list right before mine and we check in Sat. Enjoy your trip and don't worry about getting back to me but if you have a moment at the end of your days let me know if there's anything AoA specific I should be aware of right now :) you really put my mind at ease, thank you!!!

Arrived today at Pop. My Garden Grocer order was in the room when we got here (perishables in fridge) and when I checked in (didn't get my room text so had to go to the front desk), they verified we had 2 amazon orders, and a runner would bring them up. We were at the desk at about 6:20, and the amazon packages were delivered before 8.

Amazon Prime Now is amazing! I ordered a couple of things around 6:30am for delivery between 8-10am (I could also choose 10-12) and it was waiting in our room by the time we got back from our breakfast reservation.

I'm so glad I noticed this thread. I tried asking this on the DVC boards recently, but the answers didn't match up to this thread (& weren't what I wanted to hear), so I'm hoping they were wrong.

I buy a lot of souvenirs at Disney. A lot of lot. This year will be especially bad because we'll be there over Christmas. My son decided to give up his normal presents & pick stuff from the parks instead.

In the past this was never a problem because I was able to use shipping labels from my work's UPS account. So, I'd pack up my boxes label them & leave them at the front desk to ship out. Last WDW trip I think there were 5 boxes. But, I'm no longer working for that company, so I can't do that anymore. I'll be staying at AKL with no business/conference center & no car. And because we make so many purchases, having the stores ship everything, wouldn't work for us. Not to mention that some boxes would be sitting at my front door for days & days before we would get home.

So, all of that rambling, just to double check that I completely understood the first post right. If I take my boxes to the concierge &/or front desk at AKL, can I pay to have them label it & ship it for me?

I am planning on ordering water from Amazon Prime Pantry today for a stay at the BWI that begins on November 5. I have never used Prime Pantry before (I have a free shipping credit - that's why I am trying it) nor have I ever shipped anything to a resort. It is showing guaranteed delivery for November 1. Should I wait a few days before ordering? Also, it is asking for a phone number - should I give my own or that of the resort? Thanks.

I am planning on ordering water from Amazon Prime Pantry today for a stay at the BWI that begins on November 5. I have never used Prime Pantry before (I have a free shipping credit - that's why I am trying it) nor have I ever shipped anything to a resort. It is showing guaranteed delivery for November 1. Should I wait a few days before ordering? Also, it is asking for a phone number - should I give my own or that of the resort? Thanks.

I would order it now.

Give them your number.

I would order it now.

Give them your number.

Thanks. I called the number listed for the resort (which I know is not actually the resort) and was told there is no charge for receiving packages and the package would probably be available at Bell Services. I am staying at the BWI, which from what I have read is a Convention Center, which presumably would have a charge. Should I be concerned that I will be charged? Also, what is the difference between Prime Pantry (for which I have the free shipping) and Prime Now? Everybody seems to be having success with Prime Now. Thanks.

I'm so glad I noticed this thread. I tried asking this on the DVC boards recently, but the answers didn't match up to this thread (& weren't what I wanted to hear), so I'm hoping they were wrong.

I buy a lot of souvenirs at Disney. A lot of lot. This year will be especially bad because we'll be there over Christmas. My son decided to give up his normal presents & pick stuff from the parks instead.

In the past this was never a problem because I was able to use shipping labels from my work's UPS account. So, I'd pack up my boxes label them & leave them at the front desk to ship out. Last WDW trip I think there were 5 boxes. But, I'm no longer working for that company, so I can't do that anymore. I'll be staying at AKL with no business/conference center & no car. And because we make so many purchases, having the stores ship everything, wouldn't work for us. Not to mention that some boxes would be sitting at my front door for days & days before we would get home.

So, all of that rambling, just to double check that I completely understood the first post right. If I take my boxes to the concierge &/or front desk at AKL, can I pay to have them label it & ship it for me?

I tried this last trip, in October of 2015 at the Boardwalk and would have been ragingly successful if I'd known the following:

1. Items from many different places are totally shippable in the same package, from any gift shop - IF AND ONLY IF THEY WERE PURCHASED (this is key... gift baskets or goodies gotten on tours aren't purchased) on property somewhere. They must have a bar code and a replacement value that can be tracked in Disney's system or they will not ship them. Those Mickey ears without the bar code because you wanted to wear them are right out. So is the mug you got at Universal and don't feel like toting onto the plane. The picture frame from Hollywood Studios? Go for it. Those special magic bands that came with our premium package last year and the wine glasses? Nope. Not purchased, even though they had the logos plastered all over them and were clearly obtained on property. Not purchased? Not gift-shop shipping-eligible.
2. The items may not be alcoholic. Don't even try to ship wine from your hotel when you got it in Epcot. No go. No way. You can ship it directly from the pop-up shop within the Food and Wine Festival Center, usually, if they have their stuff together and they have the license to ship it out of state, but don't hold your breath. Better to take a photo of the label and buy it when you get home.
3. Any gift shop can send your items all together in one box, regardless of which other gift shop(s) the gifts came from. And yes, that includes the sword from Pirates and the glass blown ornament from the shops in Epcot. Don't try with the matched planetary set from Kennedy, though. Won't fly.
4. Keep your receipts so you can prove that all the stuff was purchased on property that trip and they know the replacement cost for when UPS mashes your box beyond recognition.
5. You don't need to pay as long as you hit the shipping threshold, or maybe you do and it's only $10 per shipment (no matter how many boxes it ends up in)... It all depends on what wild hair is up the shipping departments... well, you get the idea.

Hope this helps!!! Happy shipping!!

I tried this last trip, in October of 2015 at the Boardwalk and would have been ragingly successful if I'd known the following:

1. Items from many different places are totally shippable in the same package, from any gift shop - IF AND ONLY IF THEY WERE PURCHASED (this is key... gift baskets or goodies gotten on tours aren't purchased) on property somewhere. They must have a bar code and a replacement value that can be tracked in Disney's system or they will not ship them. Those Mickey ears without the bar code because you wanted to wear them are right out. So is the mug you got at Universal and don't feel like toting onto the plane. The picture frame from Hollywood Studios? Go for it. Those special magic bands that came with our premium package last year and the wine glasses? Nope. Not purchased, even though they had the logos plastered all over them and were clearly obtained on property. Not purchased? Not gift-shop shipping-eligible.
2. The items may not be alcoholic. Don't even try to ship wine from your hotel when you got it in Epcot. No go. No way. You can ship it directly from the pop-up shop within the Food and Wine Festival Center, usually, if they have their stuff together and they have the license to ship it out of state, but don't hold your breath. Better to take a photo of the label and buy it when you get home.
3. Any gift shop can send your items all together in one box, regardless of which other gift shop(s) the gifts came from. And yes, that includes the sword from Pirates and the glass blown ornament from the shops in Epcot. Don't try with the matched planetary set from Kennedy, though. Won't fly.
4. Keep your receipts so you can prove that all the stuff was purchased on property that trip and they know the replacement cost for when UPS mashes your box beyond recognition.
5. You don't need to pay as long as you hit the shipping threshold, or maybe you do and it's only $10 per shipment (no matter how many boxes it ends up in)... It all depends on what wild hair is up the shipping departments... well, you get the idea.

Thank you so much for the answer. I'm not worried about shipping non-barcoded items as I'll have some extra room in my luggage. But I must admit, I'm not thrilled at the thought of possibly spending a couple hours at the front desk sorting through individual line items on 100 receipts to prove that I purchased everything. I guess I'll research some more options, but it's good to know I have this as a backup. Thank you again.

Do you think you could even take all your barcoded WDW purchases with receipts to your resort gift shop you ate staying @ and have them ship the items even if no purchase is made @ that gift shop ?

On our recent stay at Pop Century, my mother's room ordered from Amazon Prime Now about four hours before our arrival and the delivery was in the room upon check in. I ordered about two hours before arrival and the desk clerk said that she had seen my order come in to the front desk and advised me that it would be delivered to the room. After it didn't show up, I went to the desk and asked about it only to be told that it didn't exist or was out somewhere. After my insistence, it was located behind the front desk area.

A second delivery mid week was delivered to our room with no drama.

I do want to mention that I was under the impression that Amazon Now had no minimum and no deliver charge. They do have a $20 minimum and, while there is no delivery charge, there is a recommended tip of $5 or 10%, whichever is greater. The tip is optional but I would feel like a jerk if I didn't add it so I did.

Update!! I ordered water from Amazon which was shipped from Office Depot to Saratoga Springs Resort on our recent trip and IT NEVER MADE IT. Office Depot said a certain person signed for it and SSR said there is no cast member by that name so they refunded me for the order. I have never had an issue with Staples, but decided to try Amazon this time. Total Fail. :( Not sure where that watered ended up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter