She's Sleeping on the Top Bunk: An August 2017 WL TR with a Party of 10 (Updated 10/18)

After we ate we had promised Allie that she could play in the arcade next door, since we didn't have time for this on our departure day last year. Our timing was excellent, since they were having a free games hour so all of the games were free.
That was really nice of them to have free arcade games. They did that during Irma but didn't know they did it at other times, too.

Allie's favorite Board game is the game of Life and we discovered that they have a Haunted Mansion version.
Our grandchildren like to play Life, too. It is one of the few games they like to play. Our set is really old, like at least 25 years old. I've been tempted to update it. Have you played the Haunted Mansion version yet?

We got another glimpse of the cabins from the water as we went by.
I never get tired of seeing the cabins from the boat. I wonder how noisy it is for the guests in the cabins.

This meant that we arrived back at LAX early the next morning, and since it was Monday we had to go to work that day.
That must have been brutal to go to work on Monday.

Really enjoyed your TR! I'm sure you're beyond excited thinking about next year. I'll be watching for your TR - maybe you'll do a PTR?

That was really nice of them to have free arcade games. They did that during Irma but didn't know they did it at other times, too.
Yeah, it was a surprise to us. Later we saw it on a calendar of activities for the resort. They had a free game hour scheduled. Now we will know to look for it in the future.

Our grandchildren like to play Life, too. It is one of the few games they like to play. Our set is really old, like at least 25 years old. I've been tempted to update it. Have you played the Haunted Mansion version yet?
We did play the new version, and it is cute. It has the same basic concepts, but a lot of theming. Allie's favorite part are the jobs, where everything is different. "Ghost Writer" is probably her favorite of the occupations...

I never get tired of seeing the cabins from the boat. I wonder how noisy it is for the guests in the cabins.
Yeah, we love the view too. I worried about privacy slightly in a cabin having an entire glass wall, but the different power shades fix that. My guess is the noise wouldn't be too bad, except for maybe in the cabin closest to the dock where the boats use their horns when approaching and leaving. We chose to request a cabin on the South side of the resort for proximity to Geyser Point and sunrise lake views, so I don't expect we'll hear much boat traffic over there.

That must have been brutal to go to work on Monday.
It was a little tough. Fortunately we were able to all go in late, so we still got a few hours of sleep. Having a day at home will be much nicer.

Really enjoyed your TR! I'm sure you're beyond excited thinking about next year. I'll be watching for your TR - maybe you'll do a PTR?
Thanks! We are glad that you enjoyed it and took the time to post. We are pretty excited, so we may do a PTR. We often feel like we run out of content for a PTR once the ADRs are made, but we definitely could spend some time talking about where we want to eat in between our excitement about where we get to stay. Either way we'll be on the Copper Creek thread and WL FAQ thread while we look forward to going back.

What a fun trip! I look forward to reading your next report, especially the cabin portion.

I really enjoyed following along! I can't wait for your next one! Congratulations on becoming DVC members!

Great report. Can't wait to read about your 2018 adventures!
Thanks! We are glad that you enjoyed following along. We're enjoying planning for 2018 and can't wait to share it.

What a fun trip! I look forward to reading your next report, especially the cabin portion.
Thanks! We really had a great time, and can't wait to do it again next year. We are super excited about the cabin too. It will be a rare splurge that will make this next trip really special. We're still amazed that we will get to do it. I'm sure we will take and share a bunch of pictures.

I really enjoyed following along! I can't wait for your next one! Congratulations on becoming DVC members!
Thanks so much for posting. We're glad that you enjoyed reading it, as we enjoyed sharing it with everyone. We are excited to be part of DVC and to know that we'll be back next year and for many years to come. We'll post here once we start another report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts