She's On Top of the World, a September 2018 TR at Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (Completed 12/20)

Real Life Update:

We hope everybody had a Happy Halloween. We had a great time trick or treating with the kids. Marshall was a Fire Truck (not a fireman, since he really wanted to be a TRUCK, and we found a costume at TJ Maxx) and Allie was a pirate. After we got home and got Allie to bed Melissa and I were making lunches in the kitchen when she tripped over our dog Shelby on her way to the fridge. She didn't want to step on her, and instead came down sideways on her ankle, which broke both bones in her lower leg.

Hopefully I will have enough recovery time be good for Disney next year, but if not I could always get a scooter. In the mean time we are taking one day at a time.

Sorry about your ankle! I just wanted to say that the same thing just happened to my daughters best friend. She is a flyer (girl on top of the pyramid) for cheer. She fell in July during cheer and came down sideways on her ankle breaking both leg bones. About 4 weeks ago she was cleared by her doctor and has been competing in cheer again doing tumbling and everything. Good luck for a speedy recovery!

Melissa got up about 8 and I went back to Roaring Fork in search of breakfast. I saw a crew replacing light bulbs in the courtyard with a small man lift. I guess it does take quite a few people to change a light bulb.
too funny!

My favorites were the shrimp and the hush puppies.
How were the hush puppies? My daughter loves hush puppies but only very bland ones. No spice for her.

p3163630652-4.jpg
I love this! Much better to get a smiling boy in crocs than a grumpy boy in "fancy" shoes!

So sorry to read about your leg! I hope you heal quickly...although I for one would be very amused by a section written while on the good stuff, lol.
The problem is she'd just fall asleep in the middle of each sentence...

Was it easy to clip in and did it stay in place?
It worked like a beret, and was really easy and stayed in. They are a super simple way to get crazy hair.

Curious - who arrived first?
Grandma and Grandpa were waiting for us when we got off the train, but hadn't been there long.

Still enjoying your TR! That cabin would be a dream come true for me. I love WL. So sorry about your injury. We never know what each day will bring our way. What better motivation to heal than a Disney trip on the horizon!
Thanks! We still love reliving the trip too, and will fit in time to write the report however we have to. Next year's trip is Melissa's goal, and she wants to be able to walk normally for it. That will get her through the recovery.

I love your misty morning picture from the cabin. That is a great view and better than most views from the main buildings.
That was the number one thing I looked forward to with the cabin, and it didn't disappoint. We really wanted that location for that reason. I love sunrise over Bay Lake, and we had our own front row view.

It looks like the CM's take the cushions off the furniture at Geyser Point. I was surprised to see that they replaced the tables and chairs outside of Geyser Point with nice couches and chairs. It has made the restaurant an even better place to be than it was before.
Yeah, they do put the cushions under the covered area overnight, which makes the morning seating a little less nice, but overall it is worth it.

Having the air conditioned play area for Dumbo is one of the smartest moves Disney made when rebuilding that section of MK. Kids never want to leave it. :)
It was a brilliant idea. It is the best ride wait anywhere.

That's a neat shot. Were you in the Dumbo car above them when you took the picture?
Yep, it was fun to have the Dumbo positioned for the different shot.

The water play areas are so much fun for kids. It always makes me smile to see them playing in them. It was nice that it was hot enough for Marshal to get as soaking wet as he wanted. You must have planned ahead with dry clothes for him.
Our kids love them, and it just seems it is always hot when we are at that one in particular. We carry spare clothes, so it was great to let him play. I wasn't sure how long it would take, but he finally decided he was done and was much calmer afterward.

Did they ever figure out why they couldn't charge to the cabin?
Unfortunately they blamed it on computer system issues, but it got worse before the trip was over. It wound up being resolved after the trip, but we'll get to that later.

Those are very cute crocs. I hope he doesn't outgrow them too fast. :)
We got him a pair last year and they lasted almost all year. They are pretty flexible on size, and he absolutely loves them. We didn't know that he would wear them exclusively, but they sure are cute.

That was really nice of Allie to pass on the magic to other kids. :)
It was sweet, and she made a practice of collecting stickers to give out. SHe truly enjoyed it and did it the entire rest of the trip.

So sorry to hear about your leg Melissa. Here's to a speedy recovery...
Thanks. We finally have a date for surgery on this coming Thursday night, then we can move on with the recovery process and countdown to Disney 2019.

I’m loving your trip report. I’m so sorry you broke your leg. Hope you are feeling better.
Thanks so much, we love sharing it. SHe's down to just Tylenol for pain now, and after they put the screws and plates in on Thursday she can focus on getting better.

Sorry about your ankle! I just wanted to say that the same thing just happened to my daughters best friend. She is a flyer (girl on top of the pyramid) for cheer. She fell in July during cheer and came down sideways on her ankle breaking both leg bones. About 4 weeks ago she was cleared by her doctor and has been competing in cheer again doing tumbling and everything. Good luck for a speedy recovery!
That is awesome. I am glad to hear recovery went so well. I'm not looking to be able to tumble, but I want to be able to stand and walk for Disney. Thanks for the great outlook.

How were the hush puppies? My daughter loves hush puppies but only very bland ones. No spice for her.
They were great, and definitely not very spicy. I'd stop by and give them a shot.

I love this! Much better to get a smiling boy in crocs than a grumpy boy in "fancy" shoes!
Absolutely! Melissa's sister was great about it too and felt the same way. All the guests loved that he was happy and wearing what he wanted. Side note: he still has not worn any other shoes since then.

As we arrived back at WL, we headed straight to the cabin, which was fun.

We also found a surprise on the counter in the kitchen.

It turns out they had left a box of chocolates to apologize for our issues with the hot tub. It was ironic because it was no problem at all, but at that time Jon and Brandy were up at the front desk because it turned out their Magic Bands wouldn’t work for room access either, and they had to completely reset them. The front desk recommended that they use credit cards to pay, and their phones to enter the room, which still worked.

That solution wasn’t very popular with them, but we didn’t have a lot of alternatives.

We took advantage of a little down time to hang out at the cabin and take some more pics.

While we were at the room we arranged to meet up with WoodNymph, one of our longest term TR followers. Her and her husband shifted their trip by a couple of weeks at the last minute, and wound up there at the same time as us.

We sent her a message and all met up at the cabin. It was neat to get to show it to someone else, and to meet them in person after knowing her on the Dis for years.

I hope we were everything she thought we were. Lol. I think sometimes we are crazier in person.

I’m still surprised that Jon and Brandy will hang out with us, and we’ve known Brandy forever. Before long it was getting close to dinner time.

We had dinner reservations at Trails End so we rounded everyone up and headed over to Ft Wilderness

We were headed to Fort Wilderness by boat, and Grandma and Grandpa had already decided to ride a bus over there. We got to the boat dock and got on the first Blue Flag boat to arrive. It was headed to CR, but we were up for the ride.

We got to CR at 4:50, but as we arrived the CM boat driver let us know that they were shutting down the small boats for lightning.

Fortunately they would still run the large boats, and one of them would switch to be a Blue Flag boat during the storm.

The boat Captain was able to radio a big boat that was on its way to FW from MK, and got them to stop and pick us up at the CR on their way. This was another first for us, and made the families that were waiting with us on their way to Hoop De Doo happy that they wouldn’t miss the show.

We ended up being slightly late for our ADR but it really was no big deal

We texted Grandma and Grandpa to let hem know we’d be a little late, but we got to Fort Wilderness at 5:10 and went straight to Trail’s End.

We were seated downstairs, just inside the door.

We had a fantastic dinner. There are so many great things here to eat. I could have eaten the entire platter of strawberry shortcake myself.

I absolutely love the ribs and had a few servings. I also love making a brownie with soft serve on it for dessert.

After dinner we took the kids outside to the playground, then around to see the horse barn.

Jon and Brandy headed for Bay Lake Tower, but it was still early so we wanted to check out the horses. The kids both really enjoyed it, since both Allie and Marshall are into horses right now.

Our friend at home has a horse named Willie, so to Marshall all the horses were Willie. It turned out one actually was.

Allie wanted to ride Mine Train again so she and Grandpa Jim headed to the Magic Kingdom.

This time I stayed with Melissa, and we went to the Top of The World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower. Jon and Brandy had headed over there after dinner and we wanted to catch the fireworks from there.
We got a couple of nice pictures from the boat on the way.

We took a ground level path over there, avoiding Melissa's nemesis, the wavy walkway.

There was no way I was taking that walkway with it being so breezy. We ended up walking underneath said walkway and it didn't instill anymore confidence in it. (In all honesty, I really trust Disney and it's engineers, I'm sure this bridge is totally safe)

Once we got up there we saw what the excitement was about.

Jon and Brandy had gotten a table right up front, and we joined them there.

The view from the table was spectacutlar, we watched a beautiful sunset.

It was nice to hang out there and watch the sunset.

Then when it was time for the fireworks we made our way out on to the balcony. The crowd wasn't bad, and we had a nice view.

We really enjoyed the show from way up high. I was super brave and stood right by the railing. I just focused on the fireworks. Marsh just hung out in the stroller and watched cartoons on my phone. It actually worked out well because I didn't have to worry about him hurling himself over the side of the building.

After the show we headed down nstairs and went to catch a boat back to WL.

It seemed like the lightning was close, and the dock was closed when we first got there. After a few minutes a big boat arrived, and we were able to go get on it for the trip from CR to WL. We got to WL just after 9:00, then I went by Grandma and Grandpa's room to pick up Allie. We ran back to the cabin to try to catch the water parade, but it was cancelled due to the lightning.

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out in the living room, and got to bed before too late.

It worked like a beret, and was really easy and stayed in. They are a super simple way to get crazy hair.

Thanks - I'm going to look into getting some.

Grandma and Grandpa were waiting for us when we got off the train, but hadn't been there long.

I suspected the train didn't save much time - just a great ride and saves the feet a bit. Good to know that if wanting to get somewhere quickly....walk.

We didn't know that he would wear them exclusively, but they sure are cute.

:rotfl2: I think every kid has their 'thing'. I remember one of mine was a pair of boots with a rubber wedge (tiny) heel when I was about 10....circa early 80's.

We finally have a date for surgery on this coming Thursday night, then we can move on with the recovery process and countdown to Disney 2019.

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.

The front desk recommended that they use credit cards to pay, and their phones to enter the room, which still worked.

I would not be happy! I know....technology has spoiled me.

We sent her a message and all met up at the cabin.

Fun! Meeting dis friends is great.

Thanks for sharing - I don't think I've seen photos of this area before. This would be worth a trek over to see.

Allie wanted to ride Mine Train again so she and Grandpa Jim headed to the Magic Kingdom.

It's great that she got some one on one time with the grandparents.

Your pictures are stunning.....too many to multi-quote. Love them.

We changed Marsh into dry clothes so we went over to Gaston’s for cinnamon rolls. They are delicious but not as good as my homemade ones.
Hum I'm always looking for the perfect Cin roll recipe do you mind sharing?

That's so cute

The Cast Member at the check out gave Allie a bunch of stickers, which she decided to give to other kids during the rest of the trip.
How sweet

I hope we were everything she thought we were. Lol. I think sometimes we are crazier in person.
AND that's bad why??? I love crazy ppl.

we went to the Top of The World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower. Jon and Brandy had headed over there after dinner and we wanted to catch the fireworks from there.
On my bucket list.

This photo is amazing it looks photo shopped

Totally did a double check when I saw your note from the Wilderness Lodge. Our last name is Kastl! Made me laugh. The cabins are beautiful! So jealous.

Thanks - I'm going to look into getting some.
You can find so much stuff on Amazon. Here's the one we got:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9N973Y/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_Ukp6BbEZAH55E

I suspected the train didn't save much time - just a great ride and saves the feet a bit. Good to know that if wanting to get somewhere quickly....walk.
Yeah, with the stops and time waiting for a train it isn't a timesaver but the kids love it and at that point in the trip it's nice not to have to walk as much.
:rotfl2: I think every kid has their 'thing'. I remember one of mine was a pair of boots with a rubber wedge (tiny) heel when I was about 10....circa early 80's.
Yeah, you gotta have something to make the pictures look interesting.

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.
Thanks so much. We're looking forward to moving on with healing.

I would not be happy! I know....technology has spoiled me.
Yeah, this was getting ridiculous, the room charging was bad, but when they had no easy way to get into the room it was much worse. Next up: park admission...

Fun! Meeting dis friends is great.
It really is neat to meet people you've communicated with so much and ave the love of Disney in common with for the first time.

Thanks for sharing - I don't think I've seen photos of this area before. This would be worth a trek over to see.
It is one of our favorite parts of Fort Wilderness. With the new hotel construction though you might want to hurry. I suspect this barn will be relocated, but hopefully to another public area.

It's great that she got some one on one time with the grandparents.
Yeh, everyone loved it.

Your pictures are stunning.....too many to multi-quote. Love them.
Thanks so much, we love taking and sharing them.

Hum I'm always looking for the perfect Cin roll recipe do you mind sharing?
http://www.magicalrecipes.net/main-street-bakery-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/ This is the recipe I use, I use a glass 9x13 and pack the rolls in really tight then cover with plastic wrap and keep them in the fridge overnight, putting them in the oven in the morning. It makes for a gooeyer roll. They are so so so so delicious. I know it says it's a copycat recipe but I think they're better, especially when you let them rest overnight.

AND that's bad why??? I love crazy ppl.
Oh good, no wonder you like following this...

On my bucket list.
It is a neat view, and they aren't as restrictive about it as they say they can be. They didn't check each person for staying onsite at a DVC resort, just one person from the party. It might be worse at a more crowded time.

This photo is amazing it looks photo shopped
Thanks, the sky was amazing during that sunset.

Wow, even the horses have CM name badges. Couldn't quite read it though, where did Willie the Horse's nametag say he is from?
Instead of where they are from, they put their breed on them. Willie is a Percheron.

Totally did a double check when I saw your note from the Wilderness Lodge. Our last name is Kastl! Made me laugh. The cabins are beautiful! So jealous.
That's crazy! We always are explaining that our name is castle with a K, but by then they have already written the c... It's cool to find someone with that close of a match to a unique last name.

http://www.magicalrecipes.net/main-street-bakery-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/ This is the recipe I use, I use a glass 9x13 and pack the rolls in really tight then cover with plastic wrap and keep them in the fridge overnight, putting them in the oven in the morning. It makes for a gooeyer roll. They are so so so so delicious. I know it says it's a copycat recipe but I think they're better, especially when you let them rest overnight.
Thank You I just might have to try these out for Christmas morning

The front desk recommended that they use credit cards to pay, and their phones to enter the room, which still worked.
It's a good thing that the phone app worked for them since it is a bit of a walk from your cabin to the main desk. I had to use the room key app on my cell phone when I forgot my MB and was glad to have that new feature. But it does take a lot longer to get into the room via the app than it is to use a MB. :)

We took advantage of a little down time to hang out at the cabin and take some more pics.
The entire cabin is gorgeous but the master bedroom and bathroom were especially impressive. The master bedroom is huge. Allie showed me how the TV in the master bathroom mirror worked. It was really a nice bathroom. Too bad they skimped on the second bedroom, which was small and cramped.

While we were at the room we arranged to meet up with WoodNymph, one of our longest term TR followers. Her and her husband shifted their trip by a couple of weeks at the last minute, and wound up there at the same time as us.

We sent her a message and all met up at the cabin. It was neat to get to show it to someone else, and to meet them in person after knowing her on the Dis for years.
We had planned ahead to meet you that day but weren't sure when you would be back in your room. We finally received your text about 30 minutes after you sent it. The time delay when trying to meet up via text was frustrating, so I decided to call you to arrange our meeting. It was really nice to finally meet your family after following your trip reports since Allie was going on three years old. We both enjoyed seeing the cabin, too. It is even more beautiful in person. Thanks for the tour of the cabin. :)

The boat Captain was able to radio a big boat that was on its way to FW from MK, and got them to stop and pick us up at the CR on their way. This was another first for us, and made the families that were waiting with us on their way to Hoop De Doo happy that they wouldn’t miss the show.
That was really nice to have the boats sent to pick you up. We only had big boats on this WL trip, a first for us. Usually we mostly have the smaller launches.

We had a fantastic dinner. There are so many great things here to eat.
We ate at Trail's End on this trip, too. The food was really good and I love the variety.

I also love making a brownie with soft serve on it for dessert.
Although I love strawberry shortcake and had some this trip, my absolute favorite is the brownie with soft serve vanilla ice cream. :)

After dinner we took the kids outside to the playground, then around to see the horse barn.
This is a great playground for kids and probably the best one at a Disney resort. They really should build more of them. Kids need to run around and play.

It's nice to travel with family and friends so that you have plenty of helpers around. :)

The view from the table was spectacular, we watched a beautiful sunset.
The DVC lounge looks really nice. That would be a great perk to have. Was it crowded?

Last edited:
The cabins look so cozy!
It really was a nice room. It was by far the biggest hotel room we have ever stayed in, but did have a very comfortable "homey" feel to it. It was very much like staying in someone's house (with a beautiful lakefront location too!)

Thank You I just might have to try these out for Christmas morning
That's our tradition. Eating cinnamon rolls and watching the Disney Christmas parade. Mmmmmm.

It's a good thing that the phone app worked for them since it is a bit of a walk from your cabin to the main desk. I had to use the room key app on my cell phone when I forgot my MB and was glad to have that new feature. But it does take a lot longer to get into the room via the app than it is to use a MB. :)
Yeah, then phone is a nice extra feature, but shouldn't be instead of MBs at this point. They were just having major IT issues with MBs during the trip.

The entire cabin is gorgeous but the master bedroom and bathroom were especially impressive. The master bedroom is huge. Allie showed me how the TV in the master bathroom mirror worked. It was really a nice bathroom. Too bad they skimped on the second bedroom, which was small and cramped.
Yeah, it was skewed in favor of the master bath. Having the second bathroom split with completely separate rooms for the toilet and shower made each feel even smaller.

We had planned ahead to meet you that day but weren't sure when you would be back in your room. We finally received your text about 30 minutes after you sent it. The time delay when trying to meet up via text was frustrating, so I decided to call you to arrange our meeting. It was really nice to finally meet your family after following your trip reports since Allie was going on three years old. We both enjoyed seeing the cabin, too. It is even more beautiful in person. Thanks for the tour of the cabin. :)
We're glad it all worked out, and we were able to get in touch with you and meet up. Sometimes a simple phone call is the best way to go.

That was really nice to have the boats sent to pick you up. We only had big boats on this WL trip, a first for us. Usually we mostly have the smaller launches.
Yeah, we had never been on a big boat for Blue Flag trips before, but we didn't know about the bigger ones being able to run during lightning conditions that keep the smaller boats from running. It is nice that they keep something running.

We ate at Trail's End on this trip, too. The food was really good and I love the variety.

Although I love strawberry shortcake and had some this trip, my absolute favorite is the brownie with soft serve vanilla ice cream. :)
My Mom and I love doing that! It makes the best dessert.

This is a great playground for kids and probably the best one at a Disney resort. They really should build more of them. Kids need to run around and play.
Yeah, we were sad to see the playground at WL go away, even though the FW one is bigger and better. We sure hope that it is preserved with the upcoming construction in the area. It is neat how kids just love a classic playground, even with all the other theme parks around.

It's nice to travel with family and friends so that you have plenty of helpers around. :)
Yes, everyone gets their time together, and Allie enjoyed the special trips with just her and Grandparents.

The DVC lounge looks really nice. That would be a great perk to have. Was it crowded?
It wasn't very crowded when we were there, but it definitely fills up during busier times of year. The next night we asked the CM how crowded the night before had been, and we heard they had just over half of the maximum allowable people up there. If it were at capacity, it would definitely feel crowded.

On Friday I got up at 6:15 and went out to take pictures. I started the GoPro to get sunrise video from the porch. I got pics of the Boulder Ridge Cove pool, the lake, and the Geyser.

There was even a bunny and a frog that I was able to get pics of.

I also stopped by the personalized luggage tag machine in the lobby to make a custom tag for my backpack.

I got back to the room at 8:10, and Melissa was the only other one up. We sat on the couch for a while.

We enjoyed chatting alone for a minute before we started breakfast.

We had planned to cook waffles for everyone for breakfast, so we got started on that and soon figured out that we needed measuring cups, so I headed up to the Mercantile.

They have a big glass measuring cup but nothing for dry scooping in the cabin. I ended up with the cutest collapsible measuring cups

Grandma and Grandpa came by just after 9:00, right after Jon and Brandy got up. We all enjoyed our waffles while sitting around the big table.

It was a great together activity and I’m pretty sure everyone liked the waffles

We brought two mini waffle makers and used the same Carbons Golden Malted mix that they use for the Mickey Waffles. It also gave us a chance to slowly get the kids up and ready.

It was a great way to be a little lazy on vacation.

Marshall made the comment that he just wanted to relax in the pool. We finally got everybody ready and headed out from the cabin just after 10:30. Jon and Brandy tried their Magic Bands, and Brandy could get in but Jon still couldn't.

We got to the bus stop at 10:42 and no time was showing for an Epcot bus. It finally showed up on the board, showing a 10:57 arrival.

We got to Epcot at 11:13 after not making any extra stops on the way.

The bus ride was uneventful and the trip through security wasn’t even bad. We were looking forward to our last full park day.

Melissa, the kids, and I had no problem getting in, and neither did Grandma and Grandpa, but Jon and Brandy showed no park admission. We walked over with them to talk to the CM off to the side. He said their bands showed no ticket media at all, and that we’d have to go to Guest Services.

It was the strangest thing, their media was totally gone. I stood with them through guest services. We got a great CM and he looked and looked but it didn't even show that they had been in the parks all week. When the front desk rebuilt the reservation they lost all the tickets. He could still see their fast pass plus selections though so obviously we couldn't make those without tickets.

Long story short he ended up just giving them complementary tickets for the day since it was our last day and sending us on our way. He also gave Jon and Brandy a 35 dollar gift card for all the trouble. It really pays to be nice when stuff gets challenging.

It was a bit of a wait, but I took the kids to the little gift shop while we waited and I got them cotton candy.

We still made it to our Fastpasses for Test Track that were still valid for everybody.

At Test Track we were able to pre-design our cars by stopping at the aftermarket gift shop first and designing cars in the exit queue, then scanned out bands to save them. Then we went through the Fastpass line and rode it together while Grandma and Melissa stayed with the kids.

After the boys were done with Test Track it was after one o'clock so we booked it to Teppan Edo. We went via Canada and it was quicker than going the other way which is the way we always seem to end up going.

We were all melting by the time we got there but we didn't have any wait at all before they let us go upstairs.

We got there right on time for our 1:30 ADR, and this time the elevator was working.

It was nice having a whole table to ourselves, which makes the party of 8 work perfectly.

Jon and I have been wanting to order sushi here all year so we started with sushi. We ordered the volcano roll which was recommended by the CM that fixed the ticket fiasco.

We had the same chef that we had last year, and she was great.

I ordered the filet, since I had accidentally been given it last year and loved it. I was afraid it wouldn’t live up to my high expectations, since I had been raving about it all year.

I ordered the scallops because I wanted something different. They were so amazing. Oh and the volcano roll was delicious too, I highly recommend it. It's basically a grilled California roll topped with grilled shrimp and scallops and a yummy sauce

My steak was excellent, so buttery soft and just cooked to perfection. It was the best food item of the trip, and my entire year. Seriously I loved this steak.

I'm now really hungry....
We ordered Marshall his own meal this year so he wouldn't eat all my noodles, he ate all his and some of his sisters.

For dessert I got the Vanilla soft serve, and I enjoyed it as well. This was our third excellent meal here in a row. The "show" is fun, but the food is really great. It is a great experience.

I got the green tea icecream which I really enjoy. It was a wonderful meal.

Read about the rest of our day in the next update.

Last edited:
That is so crazy that everything got wiped from their magicbands! At least they were able to make up for it and it happened on your last day and not the first!

I also stopped by the personalized luggage tag machine in the lobby to make a custom tag for my backpack.

Is this new(ish)? Super cute - hope it is still there when we return.

He said their bands showed no ticket media at all, and that we’d have to go to Guest Services.

This is just getting beyond unacceptable.

He also gave Jon and Brandy a 35 dollar gift card for all the trouble. It really pays to be nice when stuff gets challenging.

Too bad Jon and Brandy had such trouble. Nice that it was somewhat fixed and they tried to compensate for the issues. A couple of anytime fast passes for the group would have also been nice for the time everyone lost.

Assuming you've eaten at Benihana - how would you say Teppan Edo compares?

That is so crazy that everything got wiped from their magicbands! At least they were able to make up for it and it happened on your last day and not the first!
Exactly, by this point in the trip it wasn’t as huge a deal as it could have been, but we were surprised that the system could get that messed up.

Is this new(ish)? Super cute - hope it is still there when we return.
It was our first time seeing it, and the tags are super cute. They have two sizes and we wound up going back so we’d have both.

This is just getting beyond unacceptable.
Too bad Jon and Brandy had such trouble. Nice that it was somewhat fixed and they tried to compensate for the issues. A couple of anytime fast passes for the group would have also been nice for the time everyone lost.
Yeah , we were getting a little frustrated, but there wasn’t much more we could do during the trip. We did follow up once we got home and as usual Disney took great care of us and we got a gift card for next year's trip.

Assuming you've eaten at Benihana - how would you say Teppan Edo compares?
While I actually haven't eaten at Benihana, Melissa, Jon, and Brandy have and they all agree that the theme and setup are very similar to Teppan Edo. Brandy agrees that he's never had any food at Benihana that's as good as the filet at Teppan Edo. Restaurant-wise the major differences are the fact the chefs at Teppan Edo seem to be more authentic Japanese, and the jokes / entertainment are Disney based. We've seen the reviews that say you could skip Teppan Edo and just do Benihana at home, but we definitely disagree.

That's so crazy their tickets were wiped out, I'm glad it was made right!

We have a reservation for Teppan Edo in January and I'm really looking forward to it now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!