"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

Once I got through the bag check line, a security guard stopped me before I walked toward the metal detectors and asked "Are you under 14?"
Seriously? This again?

Bahaha aw man!

After he laughed and said "just kidding" he took one of all four of us.

Haha hilarious! But he took a nice picture of you all!

We thanked Anthony and then laughed when we found this on my phone later:

:rotfl2:

24373181288_dfeeb38b1b.jpg

I love your bags :)

This was actually one of my favorite pictures from this trip:

Love!

There was a family in front of us in line, and the dad had had enough. He looked at his wife and said "Do you think she would stop telling me good morning if I climbed up and swung off the chandelier and landed on her?" :rotfl:

:rotfl:

We then realized that we should not stand in front of this window because it messed with the lighting in the pictures.

Ooh, good call! I always end up with a few character photos with terrible lighting.

IMG_3603
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Unfortunately, this particular friend of Ariel was not very...true to her character. I guess maybe it's because we were all adults? Who knows, but we were pretty disappointed. Mom and I were honestly kind of shocked, because in all the years we've been coming to Disney, we have never had anything like that happen.

That's too bad! :( That's weird for Disney. They usually have really high standards. Maybe it was an off day for Ariel. I was also going to comment that I know there's a lot of sun in the magic kingdom and all, but Ariel is looking seriously TANNED!

So many cute pics in front of the castle!

Sounds like a good breakfast (except for the strange Ariel). Great princess pics!

Thank you!

Cute princess pics!

Thanks! :)

Poor thing... You do not look 14!

Well, thank you! Haha, unfortunately, this happens a lot. My mom says I'll be thankful for it one day, just maybe not right now!:laughing:

In my opinion she doesn't even look like her. Thats a shame.

It wasn't so much that she didn't look like her, but more about how she acted. It must have been an off day or something.

I love your bags :)

Thank you! They were an Etsy find :)

That's too bad! :( That's weird for Disney. They usually have really high standards. Maybe it was an off day for Ariel. I was also going to comment that I know there's a lot of sun in the magic kingdom and all, but Ariel is looking seriously TANNED!

That's the only thing I can think of. Either that or she didn't give us her best because we were all adults...I thought the same thing about her tan! Honestly, I'm a little jealous!

RL Update 12.11.17
Snow Day!

Hello, DIS friends! Before I continue with an update to the TR, I have a fun RL update to share! As I'm sure most of you have figured out from my sometimes excessive use of "y'all", I'm from the South. As in, I'm from a part of the world that doesn't see much snow. So last week when I heard "It's supposed to snow on Friday," I rolled my eyes and said "Yeah, okay, sure." Imagine my surprise when I woke up Friday morning to this:

IMG_3850 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

:eek:

It snowed pretty much nonstop until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. It was crazy! We've lived here almost my entire life, and we have NEVER had this much snow. By the end of the day, we had about 4 or 4.5 inches. Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some people, but it's a lot for us!

Both Mom and Dad got sent home from work pretty early in the day, so we all got to enjoy the snow!

The dogs weren't really sure what to think of it at first.

But they got over it.

IMG_3849 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3852 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3848 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3853 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

My brother was determined to take advantage of the snow and built our first "real" snowman!

IMG_3857 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

For size comparison:

IMG_3858 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

I laughed when I saw my car because this was something I never expected to see:

IMG_3856 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

After several hours playing in the snow, everyone was pretty worn out.

Untitled by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

And in case anyone was wondering, this is what our yard looks like today (3 days later).

Oh, and yes, that lone pile of snow is all that remains of my brother's 7-foot snowman.

Anyways, I'll be back for our regular scheduled programming hopefully later today! See ya real soon! :wave:

Last edited:
It snowed pretty much nonstop until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. It was crazy! We've lived her almost my entire life, and we have NEVER had this much snow. By the end of the day, we had about 4 or 4.5 inches. Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some people, but it's a lot for us!

Wow!! I'm in Canada and we still haven't gotten a legit snowfall here yet. The neighbouring province got a bunch though, and they're getting more tonight/tomorrow. Glad you had some fun!

Cute!!

For size comparison:

Wow! Impressive!

Hello, friends! I have some exciting news before I get into this update:
I'm going back to Disney!!

200-21.gif 200-22.gif

My mom and I have been talking about our next trip for a while and specifically how we wanted to go when everything was decorated for Christmas. I've been (maybe obsessively) making spreadsheets and doing research. My mom and I finally mentioned it to my dad a couple days ago, and we were somewhat surprised when he asked if he could come. So as of now, my parents and I (my brother doesn't really seemed all that interested in going) are planning to go back to the happiest place on Earth as soon as my finals are over next December. I know that's really vague, but we don't really have specifics yet since we're still in the early stages of planning. I just couldn't contain my excited any longer and just had to share! But now, on with the update!

"The One with the Frozen Lemonade"
Day 9, Part 2

Our first stop in Fantasyland was Peter Pan. We hurried over to get into the standby line because we wanted to see the new interactive queue. I don't think we stopped walking until we were getting on the ride. There was hardly anyone in front of us! After our trip to Neverland, we scurried on over to the FP+ kiosks to book some same-day FPs.

IMG_3415

Then, we were off to the Haunted Mansion! The standby was posted at 10 minutes, and we got a red card. :thumbsup2

We made a quick stop at the Tangled bathrooms before heading over to Storybook Circus.

IMG_2479

fullsizeoutput_8a8

IMG_2478

IMG_2483

I think we must have stopped to take these on our way to Storybook Circus.

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20170604_8050713975

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20170604_8050713978

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20170604_8050713980

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20170604_8050713981

Our first stop in Storybook Circus was the Barnstormer.:goofy: I just really liked riding it for nostalgia purposes, despite the fact that the ride is quite literally 30 seconds long. Then, we were off to Dumbo!:dumbo:

IMG_3416

IMG_3420

IMG_3715

To Kelsey's slight annoyance (not really--she loves me), I made her take a picture with me and Dumbo.

MK_SBCDUMBOVEHICLEICON_20170604_8050785888

MK_SBCDUMBOVEHICLEICON_20170604_8050786602

MK_SBCDUMBOVEHICLEICON_20170604_402842587610

Wow!! I'm in Canada and we still haven't gotten a legit snowfall here yet. The neighbouring province got a bunch though, and they're getting more tonight/tomorrow. Glad you had some fun!

This snow set some kind of record for us. We don't usually get that kind of snow, well, ever, but especially not this early in December!

Glad you all could enjoy the snow! Your snowman came out fantastic!!

Thank you!

Fun morning so far! All the PP pics are so cute!

Aw, thanks! :)

We had to cancel our last day or else we would have been driving through this mess on our way back to Indy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Oh, goodness! I had a friend who had to delay her trip a day in order to avoid driving through it. Glad you didn't have to drive in it, though!

Day 9, Part 3

After Dumbo, we decided to take the train from Fantasyland to Frontierland. We'd checked wait times on the Touring Plans app, and BTMRR was posted 25, so off we went! :car: Once we got off the train, we headed straight for BTMRR.

Y'all, I'm not even kidding when I say we watched the posted time change from 25 minutes to 65 minutes.

200-23.gif

So, we turned ourselves around and headed off to Country Bears. :dogdance:

IMG_2488

IMG_2486

IMG_2489

I'm not really sure if it was just the fact that they were together or what, but Mom and Andrea were crying-laughing basically the entire time. I mean, the show is funny, but I think Kelsey and I laughed harder at our moms than we did at the show.:laughing:

We decided that we wanted to see the 11:30 Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire. On our way to the castle, Kelsey and I stopped at a snack cart to get a frozen lemonade. Then, we were off to see the show! I loved DAwM, so I was really excited to see MRFF!

IMG_2495

IMG_2496

IMG_2497

IMG_2500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5MoEU-Hj_E&index=11&list=PLQh9ba40hG6Zhf7dmm-A5AAS65gdkKfWC

IMG_2503

IMG_2506

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ97sr7I--w&list=PLQh9ba40hG6Zhf7dmm-A5AAS65gdkKfWC&index=10

Apparently, our moms were very amused by how much Kelsey and I were into the show. :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlw-2JyMD4

We loved MRFF! It was so cute, and it was really nice to see Princess and the Frog & Tangled highlighted in something. :D

Once the show was over, we walked over to Liberty Square to watch the Muppets show.

IMG_2507

IMG_2509

IMG_2512

IMG_3430

This was really cute! We had seen it in passing a few times, but hadn't actually stopped to watch it.

At this point, it was time to use our Splash FPs. When we got over there, the FP line was a little backed up, but we didn't wait too terribly long.

MK_SPLASH_20170604_8050868571

Wait. Let's get a little closer.

MK_SPLASH_20170604_8050868572

When we saw this picture on the screen, Kelsey and I busted out laughing. We didn't know that they had brought the zebra masks! My mom and I used these for ride photos in October 2015 (TR link in signature), and it was always fun to watch people's reactions when the pictures came up on the screen.

Kelsey wanted a churro after our ride, so we went back to a cart we'd passed. We sat outside the General Store for a few minutes so she could eat her snack. We tried to take a ride on the Riverboat, but it wasn't running, so we walked over to Magic Carpets. Unfortunately, the wait time was posted at 45, so we decided to skip it. Our bad luck continued, when we tried to get in line for Pirates, but it was down.

This happened at some point during all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlICvUv6m-4&index=8&list=PLQh9ba40hG6Zhf7dmm-A5AAS65gdkKfWC

We decided to just sit in the shade for a little bit and drink some water and found a table outside Tortuga Tavern. I walked over to Golden Oak Outpost to get a cup of ice, but they were struggling over there, and I waited in line for what felt like half an hour.

Finally, it was time to use our BTMRR FPs! We had just enough time to get this ride in before we needed to find a spot for the parade.:thumbsup2

Day 9, Part 4

We made our way back to Main Street to find spots to watch FoF. Kelsey and I saved our spots on the Tomorrowland side on Main Street while Mom and Andrea went to find ice cream/drinks. Mom was pretty upset to discover that Auntie Gravity's no longer had the coffee float that she liked, but she settled for a Mickey bar. :mickeybar Andrea and Kelsey also ate Mickey bars, and I ate a Mickey ice cream sandwich.

The Main Street Philharmonic came through while we were waiting for the parade.

fullsizeoutput_9fe

IMG_2514

This was our view of the castle from where we were sitting.

IMG_2515

Soon, the parade was starting!

IMG_2518

IMG_2520

IMG_2522

IMG_2523

IMG_2524

IMG_2525

IMG_2526

IMG_2527

IMG_2529

IMG_2530

IMG_2531

IMG_2534

IMG_2538

IMG_2539

IMG_2548

IMG_2550

IMG_2553

IMG_2556

IMG_2557

IMG_2563

IMG_2565

IMG_2567

IMG_2568

IMG_2571

IMG_2575

IMG_2585

If it wasn't clear from the obsessive number of pictures, I LOVE Festival of Fantasy! The dancers, the music...sigh. I just love it! :lovestruc

Day 9, Part 5

After the parade, we walked into Tomorrowland to use our Buzz FPs.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170604_8051031981

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170604_8051036233

I was really quite proud of my score (because I normally stink at this).

IMG_2586

Then it was time to use our Space FPs! Andrea decided she didn't want to ride after all, so we left our bags with her.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_20170604_8051061615

It was kind of weird, but for some reason, Space felt faster this time than it normally does. We couldn't figure out why, but we all agreed that it definitely felt faster.

Kelsey and I stopped at the photo booth on our way out.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBMKSPACE1_20170604_8051071481

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBMKSPACE1_20170604_8051071480

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBMKSPACE1_20170604_8051071479

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBMKSPACE1_20170604_8051071478

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBMKSPACE1_20170604_8051071475

While Kelsey and I were in the photo booth, Mom booked our 4th FP from her phone for Winnie the Pooh. Then, we set off in search of some real, non-ice cream food.
cid:clip_image001.gif

We tried Tomorrowland Terrace first, but it had closed at 3:30. So, we went to Cosmic Ray's instead. It was around 4:30 when we sat at a table with our food.

I got chicken nuggets.

IMG_2588

Kelsey got a bacon cheeseburger and a strawberry lemonade slushy.

IMG_3680

Mom and Andrea both got a chicken club, but I don't have a picture of that for some reason.

After we ate, Kelsey and I rode Astro Orbiters. It's not my favorite ride, but I told Kelsey that I would ride it with her. Thankfully, the wait wasn't terribly long. It was really windy when we got to the top, though, and it started sprinkling while we were on the ride.

Our next stop was the Mad Tea Party.

We saw some water art along the way!

IMG_3701

Kelsey and I were on our own once again.

IMG_2589

IMG_3431

Last edited:
Hello, friends! I have some exciting news before I get into this update:
I'm going back to Disney!!

Yay!! This is so exciting! And how nice that your dad wants to go with you!

Such a cute photo!

I love this one, too!

Y'all, I'm not even kidding when I say we watched the posted time change from 25 minutes to 65 minutes.

200-23-gif.288595

Oh. My. Gosh.

Yeah, I'd be high-tailing it out of there, too...

When we saw this picture on the screen, Kelsey and I busted out laughing. We didn't know that they had brought the zebra masks! My mom and I used these for ride photos in October 2015 (TR link in signature), and it was always fun to watch people's reactions when the pictures came up on the screen.

This is awesome!!

Andrea and Kelsey also ate Mickey bars, and I ate a Mickey ice cream sandwich.

Good choice! Mickey sandwiches are far superior, in my opinion.

After we ate, Kelsey and I rode Astro Orbiters. It's not my favorite ride, but I told Kelsey that I would ride it with her. Thankfully, the wait wasn't terribly. It was really windy when we got to the top, though, and it started sprinkling while we were on the ride.

Ooh, I've never actually done this ride. What's it like? I've always just expected it was like Dumbo, but higher up...

Sounds like you guys had some good timing getting to catch 3 shows back to back!

Those masks on Splash Mountain are hysterical! I'm sure it was a funny surprise for you and Kelsey!

That's a great spot to watch the parade!

Love the photobooth pics :)

Yay!! This is so exciting! And how nice that your dad wants to go with you!

I can't wait! I'm hoping to get a PTR started soon, and I'll post a link here when I do. I'm excited that my dad wants to come since he hasn't been since October 2014! :)

Such a cute photo!
I love this one, too!

Thanks!

Oh. My. Gosh.

Yeah, I'd be high-tailing it out of there, too...

Yeah...we just kind of stood there for a minute and then said "never mind."

This is awesome!!

It was really very comical:rotfl:

Good choice! Mickey sandwiches are far superior, in my opinion.

I like the Mickey bars, too, but the sandwiches have always been my favorite.

Ooh, I've never actually done this ride. What's it like? I've always just expected it was like Dumbo, but higher up...

It basically is like Dumbo, just a lot higher. The biggest difference is that it seems faster--I'm not sure if it actually is faster, but it definitely feels like it is. And the rockets tilt sideways a little bit, too.

Sounds like you guys had some good timing getting to catch 3 shows back to back!

Those masks on Splash Mountain are hysterical! I'm sure it was a funny surprise for you and Kelsey!

That's a great spot to watch the parade!

Love the photobooth pics :)

I was excited to get to check all of them of our list in one day!

It was funny to have that turned on me since Mom and I had done it before!

We had an amazing view. Although, I LOVE FoF so there really are no bad views.

Thanks!

RL Update 12.26.17

Hi there DIS friends, and Merry Christmas!

200_s-4.gif

Just a quick little RL Christmas update before I get into this TR update. My Christmas break has consisted mostly of catching up with friends and spending time with my family.

We've been playing a lot of games and working on puzzles.

IMG_3891

IMG_3897

Mom and I were very disappointed to discover that we were missing two pieces from our Peter Pan puzzle. :(

On Christmas Eve, we stayed true to our tradition: church followed by pizza and a Christmas movie! My grandparents were here this year to do it all with us. :)

fullsizeoutput_1146

Christmas Eve was also our first fur baby Pepper's Gotcha Day!

IMG_3893

Then, it was Christmas morning! I got my doggies tsum tsum squeaky toys that look like Donald, Tigger, Hamm, and Dory.

Bailey, our puppy, has been hoarding all of them in her bed. Honestly, we were surprised that she didn't destroy them within the first five minutes.
cid:clip_image001.gif

IMG_3898

Untitled

I got a couple of Disney-related gifts that I’m really excited about including this backpack:

71NjfT3VtlL._UX385_

Jansport has a line of Disney backpacks and the patterns are adorable! Plus, Jansport bags hold up really well, so I’ll have a park bag for the rest of my life! ;)

I also got a sweatshirt (because you can never have too many Disney sweatshirts).

image_58362971

We were worried the weather would be gross on Christmas because it’s been raining almost constantly for the last couple weeks, but the sun made an appearance yesterday! And today has been really nice.

The table has become Bailey’s favorite spot.

IMG_3899

That’s just a little glimpse into my Christmas break. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

Now, on with the TR!

The One with the Frozen Lemonade
Day 9, Part 6

After the Mad Tea Party, we moseyed on over to Mickey’s Philharmagic before using our Pooh FP+. After Pooh, it was time to use our FPs for Jungle Cruise. Jungle Cruise has been pretty hit or miss for us in the past, but our skipper Lexie was AH-MAZING! She was absolutely hilarious and did a great job of engaging everyone on the boat.

From there, we moved on to Pirates to use our FPs. We started toward Main Street to go meet Tink, but when we saw how many people were already staking out spots for Happily Ever After, we decided to do the same. We found a decent spot by the fence that surrounded one of the gardens on the Tomorrowland side of the Hub.

This was our view of the castle.

IMG_2592

Kelsey wanted a Mickey pretzel, so Andrea found a nearby cart and got her one.

IMG_3566

IMG_3586

Of course, while we were waiting, it started to rain. It wasn’t raining very hard, though, so we decided to wait it out.

IMG_2593

After a while, the rain was making us a little chilly, but we were determined to see HEA, especially since we hadn’t seen it on our first MK day.

IMG_2627

Clearly, Kelsey was thrilled about waiting in the rain.

We’re so glad we did though. We were absolutely blown away by HEA!

IMG_2596

IMG_2600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5mzE7vLSKI&list=PLQh9ba40hG6Zhf7dmm-A5AAS65gdkKfWC&index=7

IMG_2603

IMG_2604
by the2ndstar2theright , on Flickr

IMG_2610

IMG_2615

IMG_2616

IMG_2618

IMG_2621

IMG_2624

IMG_2625

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctSnWP0DEs&index=2&list=PLQh9ba40hG6Zhf7dmm-A5AAS65gdkKfWC

There are really just no words to describe HEA. I’ll admit: I wasn’t really sure how I would feel about it because I was a die-hard Wishes lover. But HEA absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way. The music was amazing; the projects and fireworks were absolutely stunning. Another win for Disney!

We stuck around to see Once Upon a Time. I think it’s a little strange that this comes after HEA, and not just because of the names of the 2 shows. OUAT is honestly a little underwhelming after HEA, in my opinion. And I personally don’t like OUAT as much as I loved Celebrate the Magic. I think I would like it more if it came before HEA, but still not as much as Celebrate the Magic. That’s just me though.

After OUAT, we wandered through the Emporium on our way out of the park. I had hoped to find my size in a sweatshirt I had seen at World of Disney, but no luck.

It was 10:15pm when we got to the bus stop, and the line was absolutely insane. This was probably the longest we waited for a bus the entire trip. It was 10:45 when we boarded one of the big, fancy tour busses. It was around 11:20 or so when we all fell into bed.

Our Fitbit report:

fullsizeoutput_b75

Up Next: Hollywood Studios!

“She’s Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can”
Day 10

It was around 7:30am when Andrea came in to make sure Kelsey and I were moving. We were definitely starting to feel the exhaustion setting in this morning and had a hard time getting up. We shook it off as best we could: we were headed to Hollywood Studios! We left the rooms around 8:35 and were on a bus about 10 minutes later.

When we arrived at DHS, we headed straight for TSMM, stopping only for a minute at the FP+ kiosk to get same day passes.

IMG_2629

The TSMM standby was posted at 40 minutes but we definitely didn’t wait that long.

IMG_3724

We finally got our obligatory Magic Band picture.

IMG_2633

We were excited to find that we were being sent to the third track! It’s kind of amazing to me how much that third track has helped with wait times, and we were excited to see the new addition! J

IMG_3432

IMG_3433

IMG_3434

IMG_3435

Kelsey was blue, and I was red. I got best in car!

IMG_2630

I felt quite victorious after this ride since Kelsey had kicked my butt at MIB in Universal.

We decided to change one of our same-day FPs, so we stopped again at the kiosk for a minute. We changed our GMR FP to a RnRC for Andrea and Kelsey and to a TSMM for me and Mom.

IMG_2631

IMG_2632

Then, we were off to GMR! Mom and I were both kind of sad when we realized this was the last time we’d ever ride it. L The standby wait time was posted at 50 minutes, but I think we only waited about 20. We got the cowboy sequence this time, which I was happy about since we normally get the mobster.

At this point, we were all in need of some food, so our next stop was Pizzerizzo.

Kelsey and I each got a cheese pizza and Caesar salad.

IMG_2635

Mom and Andrea split a meat-lovers pizza.

IMG_2636

Everything was really yummy! It’s definitely a nice addition to the CS options in DHS.

While we ate, we tried to come up with a plan for our afternoon. We decided to try to catch the 12:00 show of Beauty and the Beast, so that was our next stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter