"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

Congrats on getting moved in and organized. I love all your Disney touches! Do you have a roommate? Have you chosen your major?

Thanks so much! Yes I do have a roommate; she's a Disney fan (but maybe not quite as...intense as me:laughing:). I'm an English major!

Your dorm is SO STINKIN' CUTE! Congrats on move in day! It's awesome that you've moved in so early and that you had a cute little freshman camp! Keep us updated on how your first year goes!

Thanks so much!! I will certainly try to remember to! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear the beginning of your Freshman year is going so well so far! Usually that's a pretty difficult week for most, I speak from experience, so it's nice all is well with you. Your dorm room is adorable. I'm especially loving that Castle throw, I totally need one! Best of luck with your classes! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm kind of obsessed with that blanket, tbh.

Love your dorm! Can't wait for your next update! Good luck with your classes :thumbsup2

Thanks! Classes start this week, so I'm getting excited!

Great pics from the PeopleMover- especially Space with the lights on!

Cute photobooth pics!

Congrats on moving into school! Your dorm looks so cute. Good luck with the start of classes!

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

Loving the report! POP is one of our favorites, we always say we'll try something new but we end up right back there.

Thanks! We love Pop, too, but my mom and I are determined to stay somewhere new next time!

"Why Did Adele Cross the Road?"
Day 5, Part 3

Hello, all! Thank you guys so much for all the well-wishes as I start my freshman year.:lovestruc I'll be sure to try and remember to post a RL update every now and then. :thumbsup2 Now, let's get on with this TR!

When I last left off, we were headed to meet the main mouse himself.

200-15.gif

We scanned our MBs and hopped in line. There was a little boy in line behind us, and he was just SO excited to meet Mickey. It was honestly one of the cutest things I've ever seen, and part of the reason I love WDW as much as I do. :goodvibes

Soon, it was our turn! :mickeyjum

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302883
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Awkward, but obligatory, hug pics.

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302884

I really don't know what my face it doing.:rotfl2:

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302885

Mickey was fascinated by Mom's stuffed Minnie (back story: Mom had intended to take lots of pics with Minnie on this trip...SPOILER ALERT: this is her only appearance:rotfl:).

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302886

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302887

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302888

Mickey tried to do a card trick with Kelsey...but he was struggling a little today.

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302889

Excuse me and my awkwardness in these pics.

200-16.gif

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302890

It took him a few tries, but he finally got it!

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_8048302899

Picture time!

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_402842530509

MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20170531_402842530513

After our time with Mickey, we headed over to the Laugh Floor. :sulley: Mom insists on sending in a joke every time we do this (but hers has never been picked for the show:laughing:). This time her joke was "Why did Adele cross the road?"

What do YOU think the answer was??? Find out when we come back! :rotfl:

Awwww, your pics with Mickey are adorable. The excitement is so genuine and sweet, I love it! Hopefully one day I'll have a big group to meet him and get the iconic card trick.

"Why did Adele cross the road?" Hmmm...

When I last left off, we were headed to meet the main mouse himself.

200-15-gif.261892

Ahhh I think this gif is from the Disney singalong I used to watch all the time as a kid! :rotfl:

Awww, your Mickey pics came out so cute!

I had my own "Minnie" that I planned on taking millions of pictures with back in 2015, like your mom. Except instead of a Minnie, it was a tiny Ariel, and instead of taking millions of pictures with her, I took maybe 5. So I totally understand your mom and resonate with what she was trying to do with Minnie.

THE CARD TRICK! I love the card trick!

Why DID Adele cross the road?!?

I'm actually really glad that I rode it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd built it up to be in my head (and it was even kind of fun:rolleyes1). It's definitely a bit of an adrenaline rush though!
Yay for conquering a new ride!

Mom and I decided to share a Brookie's Cookies & Cream Sundae.

This looks AHHHmazing!
:banana: Exactly, 20 minutes later, we saw this:

Yay for Disney Day!!!!!!!

Super jealous! Ive always wanted to see this with the lights on but I am sure I would be a little apprehensive about riding it after. LOL.

Your dorm is super cute! Hope you are enjoying being on campus so far!

Love the room set up! That throw blanket is beautiful! And I think it's just enough Disney in the room! Good Luck with school! College is an amazing time! Study hard and have fun!

I obviously don't know your mom, but do I see a hint of happy/sadness in her face. So happy for you but sad that you are leaving home? Or maybe it's just he mom in me thinking that... None the less, great picture!

Mickey was fascinated by Mom's stuffed Minnie (back story: Mom had intended to take lots of pics with Minnie on this trip...SPOILER ALERT: this is her only appearance:rotfl:).
Don't we all do that? Plan these great ideas at home and then get to disney and totally forget?!? WE have all been there!

All of your faces are great! We have yet to meet talking Mickey, I think it will be one of my must do's this trip.

Awwww, your pics with Mickey are adorable. The excitement is so genuine and sweet, I love it! Hopefully one day I'll have a big group to meet him and get the iconic card trick.

"Why did Adele cross the road?" Hmmm...

Aw thanks! The card trick was entertaining, though it was a little different than the last time Mickey did one for me. :)

Why did Adele cross the road?

So she could say hello from the other side.

:flower1::flower1:

Ahhh I think this gif is from the Disney singalong I used to watch all the time as a kid! :rotfl:

Aw, how fun!

Awww, your Mickey pics came out so cute!

Thank you!!

I had my own "Minnie" that I planned on taking millions of pictures with back in 2015, like your mom. Except instead of a Minnie, it was a tiny Ariel, and instead of taking millions of pictures with her, I took maybe 5. So I totally understand your mom and resonate with what she was trying to do with Minnie.

I did the same thing with a stuffed Flounder a few years ago. Although I think I got more pictures than Mom did!:laughing:

Your dorm is super cute! Hope you are enjoying being on campus so far!

Thank you so much! I'm loving it so far, and I think I've finally figured out where everything is! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Love the room set up! That throw blanket is beautiful! And I think it's just enough Disney in the room! Good Luck with school! College is an amazing time! Study hard and have fun!

Thank you!! :)

I obviously don't know your mom, but do I see a hint of happy/sadness in her face. So happy for you but sad that you are leaving home? Or maybe it's just he mom in me thinking that... None the less, great picture!

Oh no that was definitely what she was thinking. We've talked on the phone a couple of times and texted pretty much every day. I know I miss her, so I can't even imagine how she feels!:lovestruc

Don't we all do that? Plan these great ideas at home and then get to disney and totally forget?!? WE have all been there!

Oh, absolutely. I forgot my ears on this trip, and I was pretty upset with myself. :(

All of your faces are great! We have yet to meet talking Mickey, I think it will be one of my must do's this trip.

Talking Mickey is a little strange, but it's also a really cool experience. I hope y'all get a chance to meet him!

Adorable photos with Mickey!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Hmm..to say hello from the other side!! :goodvibes

:flower1::flower1:

Day 5, Part 4

So why DID Adele cross the road??

To say "Hello from the other siiiddeee!!" :rotfl:

Shoutout to @tink1957 and @missangelalexis for guessing the correct answer.:thumbsup2

200_s.gif

In case you were wondering, Mom's joke still didn't get picked. :confused3

From there, we walked through the castle to get to Fantasyland. According to my notes, it was around 3:00pm when we headed into Mickey's PhilarMagic.

After the show, Kelsey wasn't feeling well, and we didn't really have enough time to go and ride something else before our FP window. So, we found a table outside Pinnochio's and sat. Kelsey and I asked Mom and Andrea oh so nicely if they would walk to the Cheshire Cat and get us frozen lemonade slushes.:ccat:

IMG_2291

This very quickly became my new favorite snack, and Kelsey and I both collected quite a few Mickey straws by the end of our trip. :thumbsup2

Soon, it was time for our FP+ for Under the Sea.

Then, we stopped to take some pictures outside of Gaston's Tavern.

MK_GASTONFOUNTAINICONNC_20170531_8048435339

We wandered through the gift shop that's over there (I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me:confused3). Then, around 4:45pm, we walked over to BoG to check in and wait on the bridge.

IMG_2313

I think we were seated pretty close to 5:05pm, which was our ADR time. We were shown to a table in the ballroom.

IMG_2300

IMG_2301

IMG_2302

IMG_2303

IMG_3375

IMG_2307

Beauty and the Beast is one of Kelsey's all-time favorites, so it hurt my heart to know that she really just felt awful and wasn't going to enjoy this meal as much as I hoped she would.

Mom and I decided to share the New York strip steak, but we forgot to take a picture before we split it. Oops!

IMG_2304

Andrea also got the New York strip steak. She tried to order the kid's version, but the waitress told her she wasn't allowed to, so she just ordered the full-sized one.

Kelsey initially said she wasn't going to eat anything, but then decided that the kid's meatloaf sounded pretty good. Considering she hadn't been feeling well enough to eat very much over the last couple days, we were relieved to see some of her appetite coming back. The CM tried to give her hard time about ordering off of the kid's menu, but I also think she could tell that Mom and Andrea were not going to keep quiet if she told her she couldn't have it (especially since there isn't an adult version of the meatloaf). Eventually, after some grumbling and eye-rolling from the CM, she let Kelsey order the kid's meatloaf.

IMG_3641

Just a sidenote, because this interaction really irritated me: Mom and I have ordered of the kid's menu hundreds of times at different restaurants across WDW property and have never been told that we were not allowed to. And even if that was a recent policy change, there's no need to be rude about it. Anyways...

The food was delicious, as usual. Kelsey even enjoyed her meatloaf, which I was very glad to hear.

We decided to split a triple chocolate cupcake between the four of us.

IMG_2306

This is so yummy, but so SO rich, so we were glad that we shared.

We were hoping that Kelsey would feel better after she ate something, but even after we finished dinner, she still wasn't feeling very well. :sad: But she wasn't going to pass up her chance to explore the Beat's castle.

IMG_2308

IMG_3728

IMG_2310

Then, it was time to meet the Master!

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20170531_402842569640

UP NEXT: An unusual MK evening!

Last edited:
I don't think I've had a frozen lemonade at Disney..you're making me want to try one!

Aw man I'm sorry Kelsey wasn't feeling well :(

It really makes no sense to me that they would give you a hard time about ordering kid's meals!

Cute group pic with the Beast!

Darn, I should've answered the joke instead of just leaving it to the TR writer to make the joke. I would've gotten a shout-out, DARN. I guess I feel like your mom now lol How nice of Andrea and your mom for getting you and Kelsey those Frozen Lemonade slushes. Don't think I've ever had those although I do love the Strawberry Lemonade that you can get at Studios. :thumbsup2

Yay for a Beauty and the Beast evening! I believe the shop by Gaston's Tavern is called Enchanted Gifts. I used to work there so I should know these things lol Even though we weren't too proper when it came to some store names (we called the gift shop by Space Mountain, "the gift shop by Space Mountain"). I'm sorry that your waiter at BoG wasn't great, but at least it didn't completely ruin your experience. That NY Steak Strip looks DELISH. Makes me want to make another ADR there.

So excited to hear about your "unusual" evening! :mickeyjum

I'm so glad you got to eat at Be Our Guest! It's such a lovely restaurant.

That interaction second-hand irritated me. I'm so sorry you had such a rude CM. Hopefully she didn't spoil fun of BoG!

Can't wait to hear about your unusual evening!

I just stumbled upon your trip report and read the whole thing through. Congratulations on your graduation, being valedictorian and heading off to college. What an exciting time in your life! Enjoy every minute because it all goes by so quickly.

I'm loving your matching shirts. We always do that on our trips.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I don't think I've had a frozen lemonade at Disney..you're making me want to try one!

It SO much better than the frozen lemonades that you have to eat with a spoon (though I do love those too). The closest thing I've found at home is Sonic's frozen lemonade. Not quite the same, but pretty darn close!

Aw man I'm sorry Kelsey wasn't feeling well :(

Unfortunately, this would be a recurring theme, at least for the first bit of our trip. She does (spoiler alert) eventually start to feel better later on!

It really makes no sense to me that they would give you a hard time about ordering kid's meals!

We have never had that problem before. I was just glad that Kelsey was able to get what she wanted, especially since she hadn't had much of an appetite.

Cute group pic with the Beast!

Thanks! :)

Darn, I should've answered the joke instead of just leaving it to the TR writer to make the joke. I would've gotten a shout-out, DARN. I guess I feel like your mom now lol

Oops!! LOL, true though, that's pretty much how my mom feels:laughing:

How nice of Andrea and your mom for getting you and Kelsey those Frozen Lemonade slushes. Don't think I've ever had those although I do love the Strawberry Lemonade that you can get at Studios. :thumbsup2

I've never tried the strawberry version, but it sounds really good!

'm sorry that your waiter at BoG wasn't great, but at least it didn't completely ruin your experience. That NY Steak Strip looks DELISH. Makes me want to make another ADR there.

BoG is my favorite, so it would take a lot to ruin it for me! It just really frustrated me on Kelsey's behalf, because I knew how badly she'd been feeling. :(

I'm so glad you got to eat at Be Our Guest! It's such a lovely restaurant.

BoG is my FAVE! :lovestruc:lovestruc

That interaction second-hand irritated me. I'm so sorry you had such a rude CM. Hopefully she didn't spoil fun of BoG!

It was frustrating, but Kelsey did eventually get the food she wanted (and actually enjoyed it) so all was well in the end!

Just joining in! Your trip looks so fun!

:welcome:

I just stumbled upon your trip report and read the whole thing through.

:welcome:

Congratulations on your graduation, being valedictorian and heading off to college.

Thank you so much! :)

I'm loving your matching shirts. We always do that on our trips.

Aw, thanks! It took us a long time to decide which shirts we wanted during the planning process. There are just so many cute ones out there! These "Best Day Ever" ones were actually made by the mom of a friend of mine. We were so happy with how they turned out!! :)

Day 5, Part 5

After our M&G with the Beast, it was time to head back out into MK. When we got to the door, it was POURING! So we moved off to the side to put on ponchos and rain jackets. No joke, as soon as we walked outside, it stopped raining. :thumbsup2

Kelsey called this her trash bag.

IMG_2312

As we made our way towards Tomorrowland, we spotted a double rainbow!

IMG_2311

Once we got to the other side of the park, we walked over to Buzz to use our FPs...or so we thought. The FP+ line was backed up so far, it was almost the same length as the stand-by line. We decided not to ride right then, and went on the PeopleMover instead. We checked the MDE app while on the PM, and there were a lot of rides down. We did find out, though, that 7DMT was finally back up after being down for most of the afternoon. We decided to rush over there and try to use the FPs we'd been unable to use earlier.

7DMT's FP line was backed up, but we really didn't wait for all that long. At this point, Kelsey is still feeling down-right awful, so she and Andrea decided that 7DMT would be their last ride of the day.

(Due to the requests of other members of my traveling party, I will not be posting this ride photo. But don't worry, there are more to come! :D )

Once Andrea and Kelsey had started for the front of MK, Mom and I started talking...and this is where things get unusual (at least for us, anyway). We're really not people to leave a park before closing, BUT there was something really wrong to me about staying and making memories without Andrea and Kelsey. We especially didn't want to see HEA for the first time without them. So, we decided we'd watch Mickey's PhilharMagic one more time, and then head back to Pop.

Side note: When Mom texted Andrea to tell her our plans, Andrea told me that Kelsey said that I better not be leaving because of her or she would "fight me" :laughing:

We laughed at Donald's butt hanging out of the wall, and then made our way to MSUSA. There were people EVERYWHERE, presumably already camped out for HEA. It was kind of insane. At 8:20pm, we finally made it to bus stop #30, and we were on a bus at 8:22.:thumbsup2

When we got back to our rooms, it was a little before 9. It was this night that we discovered that we could see three different sets of fireworks from right outside our doors. It was a nice way to end a day!

Since we were back earlier than expected, Mom and Andrea decided to go ahead and make the Target run they'd planned for tomorrow in order to get a few things we'd forgotten. When they got back, Kelsey was sound asleep, and I almost was.

UP NEXT: A day in Disney Springs!

P.S. Sorry this was such a text-heavy post. I promise there are more pictures for the next day! :)

YAS DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY

I'm sorry your day kinda got cut short. What a mess it is when it rains and rides have to shut down along with rides having mechanical issues shutting down. Bless you for being smart and avoiding those FP lines. Every MK attractions CM thanks you profusely.

Awww, I love Pop and AoA for that. I realized when I stayed at AoA that you could see the fireworks from the room then saw it again when I stayed at Pop with my family. It's such a nice surprise for two lovely resorts. I'm glad that was how your night ended.

Hope everyone's healthy and ready for your Disney Springs day! I can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

So everytime you write MSUSA I read it as MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)! Makes me confused for a split second!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter