"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

Yay for first day at Magic Kingdom! You guys getting up early for rope drop from Pop takes me back to my family and I on Christmas day just because I'm generalizing memories lol

All the lines look so so crazy. I'm glad it was just early morning rush and the waits weren't too bad for the first part of your day.

I love all your Photopass photos and the matching shirts are on-point. Purple's my favorite so I appreciate your choice of color in the group.

Wait, you're not allowed to make same day FP+ reservations anymore? That makes me so sad! I used to live off of doing that. WAH!

I think the names that show up on the Goodbye screens are only those who actually scanned their bands in the FastPass line. I went on it when they first installed that and our boat was entirely standby if I recall. No one's name showed up. Also, I think the popular rumor about that ending is that it is heaven. Kinda morbid, but I feel like that it actually makes sense. Maybe "paradise" would be the prettier term.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your Disney days! :mickeyjum

Those sundaes look amazing! Great way to end the Universal portion of your trip!

So awesome that you were able to get adjoining rooms at Pop!

Magic Kingdom Day!! Wow that was a longgggg line for the bus!

Ya'll look so cute in your matching shirts!

Sounds like a great morning!

Loving your report! Really good to read about Universal as I'm hoping to go there for the first time in ten years next year!

Thanks so much!

All the lines look so so crazy. I'm glad it was just early morning rush and the waits weren't too bad for the first part of your day.

I was a little worried when we saw the bus line, but it ended up not being bad at all.

I love all your Photopass photos and the matching shirts are on-point. Purple's my favorite so I appreciate your choice of color in the group.

Thanks! We got loads of compliments on those shirts. Purple is my favorite too!

Wait, you're not allowed to make same day FP+ reservations anymore? That makes me so sad! I used to live off of doing that. WAH!

I know! Now your MB has to have an active ticket attached to it in order to book same day FP+. It worked for all of our trip except our last day.

I think the names that show up on the Goodbye screens are only those who actually scanned their bands in the FastPass line. I went on it when they first installed that and our boat was entirely standby if I recall. No one's name showed up. Also, I think the popular rumor about that ending is that it is heaven. Kinda morbid, but I feel like that it actually makes sense. Maybe "paradise" would be the prettier term.

Hmmm...I hadn't heard that, but it kind of makes sense!

This is hilarious! And probably very accurate!

We thought so too!

So awesome that you were able to get adjoining rooms at Pop!

We were very excited, and it worked really well for us!

Ya'll look so cute in your matching shirts!

Thank you!! :)

"Why Did Adele Cross the Road?"
Day 5, Part 2

We made it into Pinnochio's and hopped in a line. It was pretty crowded, so Kelsey and I told our moms what we wanted and went off in search of a table. We found one upstairs in a corner. :laughing:

Kelsey was providing entertainment while we waited for our food.

Mom and Andrea soon arrived with our food.

I got the parmesan chicken sandwich, which was really good!

IMG_2278
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Kelsey got the parmesan chicken pasta, which she said was good, too.

IMG_3613

Mom and Andrea each got a Caprese flatbread, which they said was good, but they should have shared.

IMG_2279

All in all, it was a successful lunch stop!

After we ate, we made our way over to Tomorrowland. Our first stop? The PeopleMover!

IMG_2281

IMG_2282

IMG_2289

And the best part...

IMG_2284

IMG_2286

The lights were on inside Space Mountain! I've actually never seen this before, so I was super excited. Andrea, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled. :confused3 She said it freaked her out since she knew we were going to ride it later.

When we got off the PeopleMover, we still had some time before our FPs for Space, so we headed over to the Carousel of Progress. Then, it was off to Space!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_20170531_8048277569

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_20170531_8048276559

Mom and I both said we felt like we could see the track more this time than in the past. Maybe because we'd seen it with the lights on earlier? I also noticed the planets this time, which I'd never really noticed before.

Then, we tried to fit all four of us into the photo booth.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBMKSPACE1_20170531_8048283724

It was quite comical.:rotfl:

And now it was time to meet Mickey!!:mickeyjum

It's the moment you've all been waiting for (maybe)...Toothsome Chocolate Factory!
I have been waiting! We aren't really ready for Universal (my DD's are 9 & 7) But Toothsome looks fun!

36215903711_06129e2f94.jpg

She said it freaked her out since she knew we were going to ride it later.
I am with her! I love Space but seeing the track like that is CRAZY!!! I am really surprised they let the PM go around when they have the lights on.

I'm always so confused by everyone getting freaked out by Space Mountain after seeing it with the lights on. I've actually rode it with the lights on and frankly the ride is tons more fun with them off (the lights on remove that 'Oooo' factor). Glad though that it wasn't too harrowing of an experience that you all still rode it. And I love the photobooth photos, how fun!

Loving your trip report so far! I haven't been to Universal since they added all of the Harry Potter stuff, so I really need to plan a trip!

Also, seeing the lights for SM on when we were on the PeopleMover is what caused my husband to HATE Space. But, because I am a good wife, I still beg him to ride it every now and then! :rotfl2:

Fun times at the MK! I think it's really neat to see Space with the lights on, but it does look pretty wild with all that metal track! Love your crammed photobooth photos!

KAY, I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP!

Your Hogwarts pics are INCREDIBLE. I love. And the mug is GORGEOUS and I want 12 of them.

TOOTHSOME! So glad you got to enjoy it, I know I did when we went last week! I didn't get a sundae, but I got a shake and it was fabulous!

Yay for Pop-C! Glad you got the rooms you requested!

'Kay. Former IASW CM confession time, I personally believe that the all white scene at the end is Heaven. That's how I interpreted it after it came to me one night when I was closing really late and did a ride-through.

These videos are so cute I literally love them. Thank you for including them in the TR!

Tell us about Mickey pleeeeeease. I want to know if he showed you a card trick or made you pose like ghosts!!

I love your TR, and all the Harry Potter stuff- I love seeing everyone's different experiences and opinions of the World of Harry Potter :)

The lights were on inside Space Mountain! I've actually never seen this before, so I was super excited. Andrea, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled. :confused3 She said it freaked her out since she knew we were going to ride it later.

I honestly would have been concerned, because I would be devastated to find out the ride was down- the only time I've ever been to Disney, Space Mountain was down for refurbishment. Looking forward to my trip to finally get to go! :) :P:D

I have been waiting! We aren't really ready for Universal (my DD's are 9 & 7) But Toothsome looks fun!

We loved Toothsome! I hope you get to go one day!

I am with her! I love Space but seeing the track like that is CRAZY!!! I am really surprised they let the PM go around when they have the lights on.

It is a little weird to see the track, but it's also really cool! I guess they figure it's some unexpected behind-the-scenes pixie dust for the people on the PM. :)

I'm always so confused by everyone getting freaked out by Space Mountain after seeing it with the lights on. I've actually rode it with the lights on and frankly the ride is tons more fun with them off (the lights on remove that 'Oooo' factor). Glad though that it wasn't too harrowing of an experience that you all still rode it. And I love the photobooth photos, how fun!

Woah. You've RIDDEN with the lights on?! I can totally see how it wouldn't be as fun; I feel like it wouldn't seem nearly as cool or as fast with the lights on.

Loving your trip report so far! I haven't been to Universal since they added all of the Harry Potter stuff, so I really need to plan a trip!

Thanks so much! The HP stuff is ah-mazing! Hope you get a trip in soon!

Also, seeing the lights for SM on when we were on the PeopleMover is what caused my husband to HATE Space. But, because I am a good wife, I still beg him to ride it every now and then! :rotfl2:

Of course!:laughing:

Fun times at the MK! I think it's really neat to see Space with the lights on, but it does look pretty wild with all that metal track! Love your crammed photobooth photos!

Thanks so much! :)

KAY, I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP!

Yay!! :banana:

Your Hogwarts pics are INCREDIBLE. I love. And the mug is GORGEOUS and I want 12 of them.

Aw, thanks! :goodvibes I'm seriously obsessed with my mug. I love it so much.

TOOTHSOME! So glad you got to enjoy it, I know I did when we went last week! I didn't get a sundae, but I got a shake and it was fabulous!

It's probably a good thing Toothsome is so far away, because otherwise I would gain much more than the Freshman 15.:laughing:

'Kay. Former IASW CM confession time, I personally believe that the all white scene at the end is Heaven. That's how I interpreted it after it came to me one night when I was closing really late and did a ride-through.

I've never really thought about it like that, but it makes sense.

These videos are so cute I literally love them. Thank you for including them in the TR!

:flower1: I thought they were pretty great, so I'm glad other people do too. :)

Tell us about Mickey pleeeeeease. I want to know if he showed you a card trick or made you pose like ghosts!!

I'm hoping to have an update soon!

I love your TR, and all the Harry Potter stuff- I love seeing everyone's different experiences and opinions of the World of Harry Potter :)

Thanks so much! :)

I honestly would have been concerned, because I would be devastated to find out the ride was down- the only time I've ever been to Disney, Space Mountain was down for refurbishment. Looking forward to my trip to finally get to go! :) :P:D

Oh no! I hope you get to ride it--it's one of my all-time favorites!

RL Update 8.13.17

Hello, all! Sorry I've been so MIA lately, but it's been a crazy week! I am officially all moved in for my freshman year! It still seems a little surreal, but I'm loving it so far. :)

I thought I would share a few pics of my dorm before moving on with the real TR updates. :thumbsup2

It rained basically all day on move-in day, which made things quite interesting. All in all, though, it wasn't terrible thanks to my dad and brother (and their muscles).

These were taken on actual move-in day.

IMG_3445

IMG_3452

IMG_3451

IMG_3449

IMG_3448

In the several days following move-in, I participated in a freshman summer camp of-sorts. It was an amazing week, topped off by my family group's VICTORY! There were 5 family groups, and we all competed against each other throughout the week. By the end of the week, my family group won the cup! :banana:

This morning, I finally got all of my stuff organized the way I want, so I took some more pictures.

IMG_3464

IMG_3465

IMG_3466

IMG_3467

IMG_3468

I've been on campus for almost a week now, and I'm slowly learning my way around. Classes start this week, which I'm honestly kind of excited about. But I apologize if it takes me a while to get updates posted on this TR. I'm hoping to have one up either tonight or tomorrow!:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Congrats on getting moved in and organized. I love all your Disney touches! Do you have a roommate? Have you chosen your major?

Your dorm is SO STINKIN' CUTE! Congrats on move in day! It's awesome that you've moved in so early and that you had a cute little freshman camp! Keep us updated on how your first year goes!

So glad to hear the beginning of your Freshman year is going so well so far! Usually that's a pretty difficult week for most, I speak from experience, so it's nice all is well with you. Your dorm room is adorable. I'm especially loving that Castle throw, I totally need one! Best of luck with your classes! :thumbsup2

Great pics from the PeopleMover- especially Space with the lights on!

Cute photobooth pics!

Congrats on moving into school! Your dorm looks so cute. Good luck with the start of classes!

Loving the report! POP is one of our favorites, we always say we'll try something new but we end up right back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter