"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

I got chocolate; Kelsey got chocolate raspberry; Andrea got salted caramel and chocolate (one scoop of each); Mom got strawberry peanut butter.

I love Floreans ice cream :lovestruc

We made our way out of the park and took the walking path back to Royal Pacific.

Ooo we're staying at RPR now, and I'm so excited.

Kelsey and Andrea split the volcano nachos.

Yum!

Mom and I each got our own Cheeseburger in Paradise.

We always get these are they're sooo good!

I'm never sure of what I'm supposed to be aiming for on the alien! (Maybe the eyes?)

I'm not sure if there's a spot you need to aim for because you can keep shooting the same ones. A trick I learned is to hold down the trigger the whole time and to always hit the red button when they say!

Glad you finally got on the Jimmy Fallon ride and that it was fun!

20 minute wait for Gringotts? That's awesome!

I've never seen the nighttime show at Universal! I've either already left the park or been at IoA when it happens hahaha

You guys sure look pooped! I would be too after such a busy day!

You have me wanting to do Universal SO BAD now! Sounds like a great day!

We really enjoyed Universal, even with the heat!

UGH this day was PERFECT!

LMK how RPR is so beautiful... gorgeous all around.

Your dinner at Margaritaville looked amazing!

I visited NBC studios in NYC while I was still living in Manhattan this semester and I'm OBSESSED. I need to go on JFRTNY like right now.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED HERMOINE'S VOICE IN GRINGOTTS GAHHHH IT'S SO FRUSTRATING

Can't wait to hear about your last day!!

Nope definitely not the only one. I noticed it first on the Hogwarts Express, and then again in Gringotts. SMH.

Omg, what a fun eventful day you had! Also, I totally relate to excitement over the farmer's tan (although my summer as a lifeguard so far has made me kinda despise it since it looks awful when you want to go for a swim urrggghh)

Mmmmm, those nachos and those burgers tho! I guess I got to waste away in Margaritaville when I'm back in CityWalk lol (I actually hate myself right now for making that atrocious reference)

Fun fact about that area/entrance near Rip Ride Rockit (don't @ me if I'm wrong about this), but that's where the Nickelodeon Studios used to be. I think the building is still there, but it's abandoned. It used to be a super popular attraction at Universal until it closed down. Never been, but I'm a theme park history nut so I've watched many vids about it.

Wait, it isn't Emma Watson? How did I not notice that? hms

Awwww, why you skip out on the Mummy? I think it only goes backwards for like just a shy longer than Everest (haven't done it, but have watched POVs on YouTube :upsidedow).

That nighttime show gives me all the feels. When I hear that ET score... :sad: #MovieBuffProblems

Tan lines are tan lines though, LOL.

I actually laughed out loud at that reference.:rotfl:

Spoiler Alert: I do eventually ride the Mummy. :thumbsup2

Beautiful! Looks like a really nice hotel!

The entire hotel is absolutely stunning!

I love Floreans ice cream :lovestruc

Ooo we're staying at RPR now, and I'm so excited.

Yum!

We always get these are they're sooo good!

I'm not sure if there's a spot you need to aim for because you can keep shooting the same ones. A trick I learned is to hold down the trigger the whole time and to always hit the red button when they say!

I'll have to remember that tip for next time!

Glad you finally got on the Jimmy Fallon ride and that it was fun!

20 minute wait for Gringotts? That's awesome!

I've never seen the nighttime show at Universal! I've either already left the park or been at IoA when it happens hahaha

You guys sure look pooped! I would be too after such a busy day!

The nighttime show is really neat. It's nowhere near the level of Disney nighttime spectaculars, but it's really cool, especially if you're a movie buff!

It was at this point that Kelsey and I got very excited because we actually had tan lines from the shirts we'd worn over the last couple days!! :beach: Is it sad that we were excited about that? Eh. :confused3:thumbsup2

This would also make me excited! I'm SO fair, I never tan.

On the off-chance anyone was wondering: our clothes from earlier? Still completely soaked.:thumbsup2

Naturally. That's IOA for ya! Oh well.

After we ate, we wandered through the gift shop for a bit before making our way towards Universal Studios. Fun fact: there is a secret entrance to the park that is basically underneath Rip Ride Rocket. Mom had read about and wanted to see if it was true: it was!

This is cool! I hadn't heard of this before!

we checked the wait times on the app and saw that Gringotts had an unusually low wait time, so we booked it back to Dragon Alley. When we got in line, the posted wait time was 20 minutes: SCORE!

No way! That's an awesome score!

After that, we walked over to The Mummy. Kelsey was super excited about this one, because she loves the Mummy movies. We got in line, and made it all the way to the end (seriously, about to load), when I saw a sign that side the ride went backwards. And because I was unsure of how long it actually went backwards, I decided not to ride and took the chicken exit. :sad2: Mom, Andrea, and Kelsey really liked it, though!

I'm sorry you missed the Mummy! I don't know how sensitive you are to know if you'd be triggered here. But I don't remember the backwards part being very long. This was my favourite Universal ride as a kid/teenager, but now I can't ride if after having neuro issues.

Also, it also drives me crazy that Hermione's voice isn't right. It's SO bad.

This would also make me excited! I'm SO fair, I never tan.

I'm the same way! After this trip and the rest of the summer, I'm more tan than I've ever been! :banana:

Naturally. That's IOA for ya! Oh well.

Universal certainly doesn't do water in small doses!

I'm sorry you missed the Mummy! I don't know how sensitive you are to know if you'd be triggered here. But I don't remember the backwards part being very long. This was my favourite Universal ride as a kid/teenager, but now I can't ride if after having neuro issues.

I actually ended up riding it later and really enjoyed it! It was just in that moment, I didn't know how long it went backwards, and I just couldn't go through with it. :confused3 Aw, I hate that you can't ride it anymore!

Also, it also drives me crazy that Hermione's voice isn't right. It's SO bad.

Not going to lie, it made my eye twitch...a lot.

200-13.gif

"I'm Giving Up. Tell Champ I Love Him."
Day 4

Our Plans
IoA Early Entry
IoA/Universal Studios
Toothsome Chocolate Factory
Drive to WDW!

On this, our last morning in Universal, our alarm went off at 6:30am. We got ready for a day in the parks, all while packing our stuff up to leave Royal Pacific.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, this was our FitBit report from yesterday:

fullsizeoutput_9ff
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Once we were all packed and ready to go, we called bell services. We had a total of 16 items on that cart (keep in mind that we only stayed there for two nights:laughing:). Our plan was to leave our luggage with bell services for the day while we went to the parks and then pick it up when we were ready to drive over to Pop.:thumbsup2

Then we walked from Royal Pacific to IoA. All of us said that our legs felt like jello as we walked. When we were about halfway there, Kelsey said, "I'm giving up. Tell Champ I love him!" (Champ is their dog).:rotfl: This is something Kelsey and I still say from time to time.:rotfl2:

When we got to the gates at IoA, my fingerprint didn't work when I scanned it, but, thankfully, the guy was able to reset it and off we went! We walked back to Hogsmeade, only to find out that Forbidden Journey was down.:coffee::scared: Kelsey and I decided we wanted to ride Flight of the Hippogriff again, so we left our bags with our moms and went to ride. 60 seconds later:laughing:, we were back with Mom and Andrea and trying to decide our best move.

Mom checked the Universal app, which said that Spiderman had a 5 minute wait. But then, when we tried to get over to Marvel Island, it was completely roped off. :faint: It was still technically early-entry, but the app was posting wait times for other (but not all) rides.:confused3

So, we decided to leave IoA and walked over to Universal Studios. We tried to take the secret entrance we'd found the day before, but it wasn't open. Once we were inside the park, we rode Minion Mayhem and Shrek 4D back-to-back using our EPs. MM wasn't open the last time I was in Universal, and it was pretty neat! (Even Kelsey thought so and she hates minions:laughing:).

From there, we went to Jimmy Fallon!

IMG_3697

When we got in line, it was a little after 10am. Honestly, this ride was even more fun the second time because we weren't quite so close to the screen. After beating Jimmy a second time, we stopped for a break so Kelsey could get some pizza since she hadn't eaten anything before we left the room. While she was eating, Marilyn Monroe came out to shoot a...video?...commercial? I don't remember! Anyways...

IMG_3372

Then the others wanted to ride the Mummy again, so I told them I would wait with their bags while they rode. They were back pretty quickly thanks to our EPs, and Mom told me that the backwards part was really quick, and Kelsey promised she would warn me about sudden stops and such...so I agreed to ride.:crowded:

I'm actually really glad that I rode it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd built it up to be in my head (and it was even kind of fun:rolleyes1). It's definitely a bit of an adrenaline rush though!

From there, we went over to Transformers. This is the exact same ride as Spiderman, just with a different story. I also felt like this one is a lot harder to follow than Spiderman, but maybe that's just because I'm more familiar with Spiderman than with Transformers. :confused3

At this point, we were all hungry, so we stopped at Mel's Drive-In for lunch at 11:45am.

Mom and I split a chicken finger combo with a chocolate shake.

IMG_2228

IMG_2229

Andrea and Kelsey split a chicken finger combo with a vanilla & chocolate swirl shake.

IMG_3683

Everything was pretty good! The milkshakes were more like soft-serve in a cup, but they still tasted good.:thumbsup2

Following along. Can't wait to hear about Disney.

"I'm Giving Up. Tell Champ I Love Him!"
Day 4, Part 2

After we finished eating our lunch, we made our way to the 12:15pm Horror Makeup Show. This show was a lot of fun, but I felt bad for the little girl on the front row that they kept picking on!:laughing:

After the show, we decided to ride the Mummy one more time. It was way more fun for me the second time because I had a little bit better idea of what to expect.:thumbsup2

Then it was time for the 1:30pm showing of the Animal Actors!:dog2::cat:

Along the way, Mom and I stopped for a picture.

IMG_3708

IT'S DOC BROWN'S TRAIN!

Anyways...we loved the Animal Actors show, though it did seem like some of the actors weren't following their cues very well (which could be pretty entertaining:laughing:).

After the show, we made our way back to Kings Cross Station and got in line for the Hogwarts Express. According to my notes, the wait time was posted at 30 minutes.

IMG_2233

IMG_2232

IMG_2230

At this point, things weren't going super great. Kelsey had been complaining about not feeling well all day, and then it was really hot in Kings Cross Station, which didn't help anything. We were really worried she was going to pass out. Thankfully, Andrea talked to someone and was able to get her a wheelchair and a ride on the elevator so that she didn't have to walk up the stairs.

IMG_2244

IMG_2240

IMG_2237

We had to turn the wheelchair back in right before we got on the train, so thankfully, Kelsey didn't have to stand in the heat for very long. We boarded the train at 2:50pm. Unfortunately, we were in a cabin with a family who insisted on eating a very large sandwich without using any sort of manners...at all.:faint: So, I just tried to focus on the scenery as we travelled to Hogsmeade.

*I apologize for the blurry pictures :upsidedow

IMG_2249

IMG_2250

Soon, we were pulling into Hogsmeade!:flower:

Day 4, Part 3

We entered Hogsmeade and headed straight for Hogwarts. We left our bags with Mom, and Andrea, Kelsey, and I hopped in line for Forbidden Journey. We decided to ride single-rider to try to get through the line faster. Except that the single rider line fed into the regular line...?:confused3 We're not really sure how we ended up in the regular line, but we did. Oh, well...

I spent most of my time in line trying not to lose it on the guy behind us. He had very obviously never seen even a nano-second of a Harry Potter movie, let alone the corner of a page of one of the books. His cluelessness went something like this:

"The Room of Requirement? What does that mean? That's really vague..."

"What does that hat do?" (in reference to the Sorting Hat)

"Who is that guy?" (in reference to Dumbledore)

And so on and so forth. There was much cringing going on as I heard his (very loud) ignorance. I only wish I'd been able to hear his wife/girlfriend's responses.:sad2:

Finally, we were loading the ride, and flying around the Hogwarts grounds with Harry!:thumbsup2

When we got off the ride and started walking towards the front of the park, Kelsey was still not feeling well at all. So, we stopped at a cart and got some Powerades, and then sat in the shade for a bit. Once she was feeling a little bit better, we slowly but surely made our way to the front of the park.

We stopped at a gift shop (Island Outpost maybe?) on the way out so I could get a coffee mug I had seen earlier.

Untitled

Untitled

I am obsessed with this mug! It's really deep, which will be great for soup when I'm away at school.:thumbsup2

After my purchase, we made our way out of IoA. Our next stop? TOOTHSOME CHOCOLATE FACTORY!:hyper:

I'm sorry Kelsey wasn't feeling well :( Thank goodness she was able to get a wheelchair to sit in for the wait!

Day 4, Part 4

It's the moment you've all been waiting for (maybe)...Toothsome Chocolate Factory! We had decided that we just wanted ice cream, rather than actually eating dinner here. We walked inside and were met with the intense smell of CHOCOLATE. It smelled like heaven in there. We wandered around, looking at the different chocolate products they had before getting in line and placing our orders.

Mom and I decided to share a Brookie's Cookies & Cream Sundae.

IMG_2251

Andrea and Kelsey shared a May Contain Nuts Sundae.

60cb3684480463b17342e7a26b919311.jpg

(Thanks Disney Food Blog for the picture:laughing:)

Holy. Moly. Batman. This was seriously some of the best ice cream I've ever had. It was SO yummy!

This is all that was left.

IMG_2252

After stuffing ourselves silly with ice cream, we made our way back to RPR. It was a little after 5pm when we got back to the hotel. Kelsey and I waited inside while Mom and Andrea went to bring the car up to the door.

Once they pulled the car up, Bell Services helped us load the luggage back into the car. :thanks:Then, at 5:13pm, we were on our way to Pop! :banana: Exactly, 20 minutes later, we saw this:

IMG_2256

We pulled up to the door and got Bell Services to help with the luggage. Andrea walked with the cart, while the rest of us walked into Classic Hall.

It was about 5:55pm when we were in our rooms.

Mom and Andrea were in 4454.

IMG_2760

Kelsey and I were in 4455.

IMG_2759

Thankfully, we were granted our requests (50s section with adjoining rooms). And yes, it did drive me nuts that we were in the 50s, but our room numbers started with 4. :earseek:

We all crashed almost immediately and napped for nearly four hours.:faint: It was a little after 9pm when I woke up, and the others (*cough cough* Kelsey) were still asleep, so I took a shower and unpacked. Mom and I also tried to decorate our windows, but we realized that we'd forgotten the tape and the stapler broke part of the way through. (Don't worry: there was a Target run in our future!)

We all went to bed (for real) around 11pm.

Up Next: Our First MK Day!

P.S. Our FitBit report for the day:

fullsizeoutput_991

Awww, done with Universal so soon? So sad. And that's rough that it was such a gross morning. Glad, you all made it to the front gates alive Champ blessed hehe

Mmmmm, that chicken fingers & vanilla chocolate swirl milkshake feast sounds DELICIOUS. Soft serve-esque or not, I'm good for anything along those lines.

I'm sorry to hear that Kelsey wasn't feeling too good today. Bless those Team Members who let her and Andrea take her up in the elevator then give her a wheelchair too.

Omg I would've been so annoyed by the guy who didn't know ANYTHING about HP and being loud and obnoxious about it. Knowing my big mouth, I would've said something. Also, I LOVE that Marauder's Mug, so cute.

The Toothsome Chocolate Factory treats look so so delish. I'm so mad I never stopped by there the few times I went by when it first opened. So many regrets.

Yay for Pop! I can't wait to hear about your Disney adventures now!

34996477393_5a79c91d01.jpg

Wow! Big day! Florida trips always make my Fitbit so psyched...and then I get home and it's like, "What happened to you?! I thought you were fit!?"

We walked back to Hogsmeade, only to find out that Forbidden Journey was down.:coffee::scared: Kelsey and I decided we wanted to ride Flight of the Hippogriff again, so we left our bags with our moms and went to ride. 60 seconds later:laughing:, we were back with Mom and Andrea and trying to decide our best move.

Lame that it was down! Good you got back to it later though. And you're right, that ride is SOO short!

I'm actually really glad that I rode it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd built it up to be in my head (and it was even kind of fun:rolleyes1). It's definitely a bit of an adrenaline rush though!

Andrea and Kelsey split a chicken finger combo with a vanilla & chocolate swirl shake.

This shake looks delicious. Though I imagine it would be hard to drink with a straw!

Anyways...we loved the Animal Actors show, though it did seem like some of the actors weren't following their cues very well (which could be pretty entertaining:laughing:).

Haha this is hilarious when this happens! Sometimes it's hard to tell how much their disobedience is for real and how much is part of the act. I love this show!

At this point, things weren't going super great. Kelsey had been complaining about not feeling well all day, and then it was really hot in Kings Cross Station, which didn't help anything. We were really worried she was going to pass out. Thankfully, Andrea talked to someone and was able to get her a wheelchair and a ride on the elevator so that she didn't have to walk up the stairs.

So sorry to hear Kelsey was under the weather! I had a day like this while we were at Universal, a combination of lack of sleep and the heat and not eating/drinking enough, etc., I think. So good she was able to get a wheel chair and get out of the heat.

I spent most of my time in line trying not to lose it on the guy behind us. He had very obviously never seen even a nano-second of a Harry Potter movie, let alone the corner of a page of one of the books. His cluelessness went something like this:

"The Room of Requirement? What does that mean? That's really vague..."

"What does that hat do?" (in reference to the Sorting Hat)

"Who is that guy?" (in reference to Dumbledore)

And so on and so forth. There was much cringing going on as I heard his (very loud) ignorance.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I mean, if you don't know anything about Harry Potter and just want to see the lands because you've heard how amazing they are, etc., that's fine...but if you know nothing about Harry Potter then just keep it to yourself!!

Holy. Moly. Batman. This was seriously some of the best ice cream I've ever had. It was SO yummy!

I looked amazing!!

Then, at 5:13pm, we were on our way to Pop! :banana: Exactly, 20 minutes later, we saw this:

Yay! Love Pop!

Great job reporting!

Thanks so much! :)

Awww, done with Universal so soon? So sad. And that's rough that it was such a gross morning. Glad, you all made it to the front gates alive Champ blessed hehe

We were sad to leave Universal behind, but SO ready to get to Disney!

Mmmmm, that chicken fingers & vanilla chocolate swirl milkshake feast sounds DELICIOUS. Soft serve-esque or not, I'm good for anything along those lines.

It was really good! I mean hey, ice cream is ice cream, right?:flower1:

I'm sorry to hear that Kelsey wasn't feeling too good today. Bless those Team Members who let her and Andrea take her up in the elevator then give her a wheelchair too.

We were so thankful for that wheelchair and the elevator ride! They were so nice about it, too!

Omg I would've been so annoyed by the guy who didn't know ANYTHING about HP and being loud and obnoxious about it. Knowing my big mouth, I would've said something. Also, I LOVE that Marauder's Mug, so cute.

I really wanted to say something, but I hate causing a scene, so I didn't. And thanks! I'm kind of obsessed with it myself.

The Toothsome Chocolate Factory treats look so so delish. I'm so mad I never stopped by there the few times I went by when it first opened. So many regrets.

You'll have to make sure you go next time! It was fantastic! 10/10 would recommend :)

Yay for Pop! I can't wait to hear about your Disney adventures now!

:dogdance:

Wow! Big day! Florida trips always make my Fitbit so psyched...and then I get home and it's like, "What happened to you?! I thought you were fit!?"

Sometimes I'm not sure if it's my Fitbit saying that or my sub-conscious...:rotfl:

Lame that it was down! Good you got back to it later though. And you're right, that ride is SOO short!

I think it's shorter than the Barnstormer, and I wasn't sure that was possible!:laughing:

This shake looks delicious. Though I imagine it would be hard to drink with a straw!

It was hard to drink it, so I just got a spoon. It tasted really good though!

Oh. My. Gosh.

I mean, if you don't know anything about Harry Potter and just want to see the lands because you've heard how amazing they are, etc., that's fine...but if you know nothing about Harry Potter then just keep it to yourself!!

I'm sure he was not the only one there who was that clueless. But why did his ignorance have to be so dad-gum loud??:confused:

P.S. If anyone is interested, I got my graduation speech video added! That post can be found here:"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *Update 8/1*

Last edited:
"Why Did Adele Cross the Road?"
Day 5

Our Plans:
Rope-Drop MK
Space Mountain 12:05-1:05
Meet Mickey 1:10-2:10
7DMT 3:50-4:50
Be Our Guest 5:05pm

Hi there! Just a quick announcement before I get this update started. For those of you who expressed interest in my graduation speech, I am happy to say that I got that video added in last night! :) That post can be found [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/shes-gotta-put-the-biscuits-back-in-the-can-a-may-june-2017-tr-update-8-1.3615854/#post-57847441"]here.[/URL]

Now, on with the show!

IT'S DISNEY DAY!! :woohoo: Specifically, IT'S MAGIC KINGDOM DAY!! :cool1:

200-14.gif

Our alarm went off at 6:45am. As per my usual, I ate a pop tart in the room as I got ready to go. We had decided to wear one of our 3 "matchy" shirts today since it was our first Disney park day.

It was 8:12 when we left our rooms, which was a little later than Mom and I would have liked, but not terrible.

We made our way to the MK bus stop and...

(I feel the need to insert Darth Vader music here...so I will. :darth:)

The line...well...

IMG_2262

That kind of gives you an idea. Thankfully, Disney was on top of it and sent a lot of MK busses our way. We really only waited about 10-15 minutes. :thumbsup2

IMG_2263

I was just a little exited.:jumping1:

Soon we were on a bus and on our way to MK! We pulled up to the front gates at 8:49am. The bag check lines were absolutely nuts. No joke, it took us probably half an hour just to get through bag check. It was definitely after 9 when we finally got into the park. But hey, we're in the Magic Kingdom!:cheer2:

Our first stop? A Photopass photographer, of course!

MK_MSATHCLB_20170531_402792045465

MK_MSATHCLB_20170531_402792167590

MK_MSATHCLB_20170531_402814556620

Then, it was on to Frontierland! It was 9:30am when we hopped in the standby for BTMRR, and we walked right on! So, of course, when we got off, we got right back in the standby line. :goodvibes

After our rides on the runaway mine train, we stopped at the FP+ kiosk to get some same-day Fps (which you can no longer do :worried:). We got:

Under the Sea 4:25-5:25
Buzz 6:05-7:05
BTMRR 10:20-11

From there, we moved to the Haunted Mansion.:hmghost: Standby was posted 35, but it didn't look quite that long. I think we ended up waiting closer to 20 or 25 minutes, so we were happy.

Then, it was time for IaSW! This is one of Andrea's favorites, so she was very excited. The standby was posted 25, so we hopped in line. We saw a lady with a shirt that said "Most Expensive Day Ever" which was even funnier considering we were wearing our "Best Day Ever" shirts. :rotfl:

After we'd been waiting for a bit, a CM asked us how many we had in our party. When we told him 4, he unclipped the chain and ushered us to the FP line! SCORE! Thank you, kind sir, for some unexpected pixie dust. :tink:

IMG_2272

IMG_2273

When we got to the last part of the ride, when all of the different countries are in white, Mom looks around and asks "Is this supposed to be Disney World? There's a rollercoaster and a Ferris wheel and a carousel."

Hmm...anyone know?

Unfortunately, our names never showed up on the "good-bye" screens. Oh, well.

Once we disembarked our boats, we were off to Pinnochio's for some lunch!

Loving your report! Really good to read about Universal as I'm hoping to go there for the first time in ten years next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!