She's Going Back to Back: A September 2019 and February 2020 PTR

Just checking in to see how the trip went. I was just getting back from trip before you left and I was too busy to check in and wish you a happy trip. We had a great one and hope you guys did too.

I can't wait to hear about your trip and the new things you were able to do. :)
Thanks, we did a lot, and can't wait to share it. We have the TR started now, so you can scroll down for the link.
Will be watching for your TR!
You won't have to wait much longer, scroll down for the link.
Were there any surprises, or did everything go mostly according to plans?
There's always some surprises, but we had amazing luck and things went very well.
Just checking in to see how the trip went. I was just getting back from trip before you left and I was too busy to check in and wish you a happy trip. We had a great one and hope you guys did too.
Thanks, we did have a great time, and know about being busy right after...

We have started our TR here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...pper-creek-villas-at-wl.3770460/post-61088056

We will continue this PTR for February, and will update it as we make more February plans, but the TR is officially underway!

We are in the middle of our Trip Report from September, but we are still making plans and reservations for February.

We have a couple trip additions that we made in the last week!

First of all, after the great experience we had in September we all agreed that we should book another MK fireworks cruise.

We just wrote about it in out TR here, and since it was so great we booked it for Sunday night of our upcoming trip.

It should be another great Disney day.

We were glad to be able to get another fireworks cruise from WL, and this time it will be after our dinner at Artist's Point.

We also added droid building to the itinerary for February. It looked like so much fun this year and Marshall LOVES anything RC.

I almost got a reservation for this for September when they first became available, but we decided to wait and check it out first. It does look like a neat event, and the custom droids are the same price as the pre-assembled ones form the gift shop. We did signe up to build two of them, which should promote peace between the kids, and maybe will allow us to build one of each type.

We are really looking forward to this trip.

And it is only 127 days away!

It's time to print out another countdown chain!

Just a quick update today to post that we have purchased our airfare for February! We were watching prices, and when a relative deal opened up on a Delta round trip, we took it.

We are really excited to lock in our February trip, the trips just don't seem real yet until we have airfare booked. For the first time ever we're going to try a red eye flight so wish us luck with the kids and being able to get some shut eye on the plane.

It will be very different leaving LAX at almost 11PM, then arriving in Orlando at 6:36 AM. It will be our earliest arrival ever, hopefully we get a little sleep so that we can take advantage of it. At least the wait for MDE should be short...

Just 112 days to go!

It's always so exciting to book flights - I agree that doing so makes the trip seem more real!

Have a great time at Moonlight Magic!

Awesome snag on Moonlight Magic! DH and I are arriving to DLR on the 14th after sightseeing in LA so I'm glad I didn't plan for a park night that night since that obviously wouldn't have worked haha sounds so fun though! Seemed like a lot of people were surprised with the short turnaround and lack of announcing this night!

Exciting that you got airfare booked! February and March have such high flight prices so it was probably a good call to get them booked if you found a price you could live with! Still super bummed I wasn't able to find decent flights around presidents day weekend!

Just popped in to see if you got Moonlight Magic booked for 11/14 and I see you did. We will be there too!

Also happy to see you got your February airfare. I am still on the hunt for my early March airfare from LAX to MCO, but not seeing any real decent prices, so will keep watching!

We are really excited to lock in our February trip, the trips just don't seem real yet until we have airfare booked. For the first time ever we're going to try a red eye flight so wish us luck with the kids and being able to get some shut eye on the plane.

It will be very different leaving LAX at almost 11PM, then arriving in Orlando at 6:36 AM. It will be our earliest arrival ever, hopefully we get a little sleep so that we can take advantage of it. At least the wait for MDE should be short...
We've taken red eye flights home from Hawaii and from San Francisco. I'm not a fan of them since it seems like you are waking up really early. But it is probably no worse then us waking up at 3 am to go to the airport. :)

It's always so exciting to book flights - I agree that doing so makes the trip seem more real!

Have a great time at Moonlight Magic!
Yes, there is something final about having a non-refundable airline ticket. Also it is nice to have that big part of the trip nailed down price wise.
We are looking forward to finally getting to go to Moonlight Magic, and it will be great to be back at Disney near home.

Awesome snag on Moonlight Magic! DH and I are arriving to DLR on the 14th after sightseeing in LA so I'm glad I didn't plan for a park night that night since that obviously wouldn't have worked haha sounds so fun though! Seemed like a lot of people were surprised with the short turnaround and lack of announcing this night!
Yeah, we were hoping for them to announce a DCA Moonlight Madness late in the ear like they did last year. Fortunately they did, and we were on top of things enough to be able to get it booked the first morning.

Exciting that you got airfare booked! February and March have such high flight prices so it was probably a good call to get them booked if you found a price you could live with! Still super bummed I wasn't able to find decent flights around presidents day weekend!
We are flying home the Saturday of Presidents Weekend, anb blamed the high airfare on that. We wound up paying 30% more for our February flights than our September ones, but we were glad to be able to upgrade to Delta and still have nice times and nonstop flights.

Just popped in to see if you got Moonlight Magic booked for 11/14 and I see you did. We will be there too!
Yay, we will be there, and I'm glad that you will be too. It should be neat.

Also happy to see you got your February airfare. I am still on the hunt for my early March airfare from LAX to MCO, but not seeing any real decent prices, so will keep watching!
Yeah, we stalked airfare for months, and we usually book a lot earlier than this, so when we saw a bit of a dip and availability on Delta flights we took it. It isn't anywhere near our best deal ever, but at least we aren't paying double like it was a few months ago.

We've taken red eye flights home from Hawaii and from San Francisco. I'm not a fan of them since it seems like you are waking up really early. But it is probably no worse then us waking up at 3 am to go to the airport. :)
Yeah, I really don't know how the red eye will work out. I expect to be pretty tired that first night there. If the kids sleep on the plane though they should do ok, and it's not like we have been getting much sleep the night before we fly out anyway. At least on the way home we'll still have a day to readjust before we go to work.

So we just saw the Moonlight Madness dates for 2020 and we'll be at WDW when one of the nights is going on!

Even better, it agrees well with our ADR schedule, since we have Sanaa for lunch that day, and had planned on going to AK after that.

I'm looking forward to it, it'll be neat to see AK after dark!

And to do a Moonlight Madness event in Florida. I marked my calendar for the earlier day that registration opens since we have our on site reservation. I'm also pretty excited about the free food, that will be so strange.

It's just hot dogs...

ANd Mickey Bars!!!

Free Mickey bars will be fun though

There you go :) We'll post again if we can get it booked, but it looks great.

Before we continue with our TR we have to take a moment to commemorate a trip milestone. Today is our Double Digit Day!!

Ahh Yes! In 99 days we will be back in WDW having a ball. It is crazy because we've got some big work stuff and the holidays between now and then, which should make the time go even quicker.

The next couple months are going to be an absolute whirlwind for sure.

But Disney will be there as the goal we are striving for, and that's pretty darn exciting!

This morning we had another reservation to make, it was when Moonlight Magic opened up for AK during our February trip. We had a great time at the CA event last week (pictures and a brief report to come soon) and we wanted to do it in Disney World.
As I drove to the train station, I got in the virtual queue and was in the mid 2000s. I later talked to Brandy and found he wound up in the mid 4000s.

Fortunately the connection held out and the line progressed nicely. Just before time for the train I was at 124.

Shortly after boarding the train I made it to the front of the line, but our member number wasn't showing a reservation in the right timeframe. (Because we have two back to back reservations for that trip) I then tried Brandy's, and it let me make the reservation for the 6 of us. We made it in! I texted Brandy, and he had just gotten to 2500 in line.

So, we will have FL Moonlight Magic to report on next trip! We can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter