Sheraton's Vistana,opnions and comments requested!

Tense

Mouseketeer
Hi...We'll be staying at the Vistana the end of March. I was hoping to get some opinions on the resrt and their restaurants. I've always stayed at Disney hotels, I don't know how the Vistana is set up. I understand that it is quite large, however are they grouped in smaller units...how are the amenities, cleanliness, convience, food quality, friendliness...etc... I hope someone out hthere can help! I truely appreciate the advice! Thanks

I have never stayed there but this is what I have found out, also do a search on the Disney forum board, you will find all kinds of info on this where I have asked the same questions. But, here it goes. The Falls units sleep 6 - they are one of the oldest parts of the resort - but are suppose to be nice. The pool in the Falls section has a slide - this is where my son wants to spend alot of his time. The Cascades section is one of the newer sections - sleeps 6 or 8, the way they explained it to me is that even though it says sleeps 6 they can say it is 1 person on each of the double beds. If you stay in this section you are really close to everything and in walking distance. They have told me that the restaraunts are pretty good, but the general store is kind of expensive. If you go to their website http://www.vistana.com/Resorts/vistana/images/maps/Default.htm
and click on each section, then it will show you each section. You wont want to be in the Lakes or the Fountains, unless you dont mind getting in the car to go to the other pools and the general store because it is across the street (the highway). The Lakes and Fountains do have their own pools (very pretty though). Security is great. You park in front of the building you are staying in. It will depend on what day you check in as to what unit you will be put into. Red is Sunday, Green is Friday, Blue is Saturday. You will notice the different color on each building on the map. If you would like I will e-mail you some pictures that I have of the Cascade units. Just give me your e-mail address Tense. Check in time is at 4:00 but they may let you check in before that if your unit is ready. Wouldn't it be neat to meet. I will be there with my DH, my daughter and my son. a top floor (the top floor units except for the Falls, Spas, and Courts all have a skylight in the top They wont guarantee where you will be staying if you request, but if there are any openings they told me that they would do their best. People have told me the Courts are terrible, they were the first units ever built there. When the owner bought the land, these units were on the land, and so he just inherited them and decided to keep them there. The cascades are little bit smaller than the other units anywhere else because they make up for it in the master bedroom because of the jacuzzi that is in there. Plus the newer units are more up to date. When you see the green dots on the map these are gazebos. The ducks mean that you can feed the ducks in that lake (pond). Most of the units overlook a small pond with a fountain in them. The Springs section does not have elevators (3 stories), so you may want to ask for the 1st or 2nd floor if you get put there. It sounds like I have been there, but actually I have never been there. I will be happy to help you any way I can. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!!. Cheri

Here is an e-mail that was sent to me:

We enjoyed staying in Springs. The units are beautifully maintained. We didn't see a single bug while there, although we did see lots of anole lizards outside. The kids kept trying to catch them, but the lizards were too fast. Springs does face the main road in the front but has a lovely, semi tropical view and fountain in the back. It was very relaxing sitting
out on the screen porch and listening to the fountain, birds and palm fronds rustling in the breeze. The units are well insulated, so we never heard road noise or fountain sounds when the doors were closed. We also never heard our
neighbors. Springs is an easy walk to the Falls pool. On the way you can stop and feed the ducks and turtles in the nearby small pond. The jacuzzis in Springs are separate from the showers. Our unit had 2 queens in the 2nd
bedroom. I don't know much about Falls except that the units were built around the same time as Springs. I have heard mixed reviews about Palms,
which is part of the original complex. Cascades is much newer having just been completed within the past 1-2 years.

Here is another one:
Hi. I've been to the Vistana a grand total of twice, and stayed in the Cascades both times. I don't think I know enough about the grounds to give an opinion on the best place to stay. The buzz I've heard is that the Fountains, Cascades, and Lakes are the most desirable. As far as noise goes, if you get part of a lockoff, there's always the potential for noise if your neighbors are inconsiderate. We had that happen last time, when people got in late and were so noisy we called Security. They came right away. We are
partial to the Cascades because the bar is cool, right next to the pool. I believe some of the other pools have the same amenity. My daughter (11) and my son (5) and I walked over to the Falls pool and swam for a while. The slide is VERY fast, just so you're aware. It's much smaller than the Cascades pool. The Cascades pool has 2 excellent features . . . . a pounding
waterfall between the shallower and deeper sections, and these 3 spurting fountains in the vast kiddie area, which randomly shoot up water. The kids LOVE it, and your 1 year old would be the perfect age. Avoid the Palms section, I've never heard much good about it, it's older, and has no pool for its section. If you're getting a 2bdr in the Cascades, the Jacuzzi is in the
master bedroom suite. There's the bedroom, jacuzzi, and sink area. It's a nice big room. I hope this helps. As far as noise goes from Route 535, we stayed the first time facing 535, and never once had a noise problem with the
cars

Hope this helps, just let me know if you want the pictures or not. Cheri

fetch.dll

[This message was edited by caitlyncheri on 03-01-01 at 02:52 PM.]

Thanks for the time and effort it took to give us all some great info on the Vistana! You helped emmencely!Ilove this board!

You are quite welcome.. When I get back from vacation I will do an update as to what I actually saw and experienced. I am glad I was able to help!!

fetch.dll

We are staying there in July with a party of 9, (4 adults, 2-5year-olds, 3-9 year olds) Due to the size of our party, do you think we should request a unit in the Cascade section or stay at the unit we are currently assigned to? We received our confirmation and they assigned us to a unit in the Lakes section. Someone mentioned that the Cascades are a little smaller than the other units. I would like to be near the restaurant/general store, etc. but if the unit in the Lakes would be best for our party size , I won't request for the Cascade section. Also, do you know if there is a kiddie pool in the Lakes/Fountain area

Hi...We'll be staying at the Vistana the end of March. I was hoping to get some opinions on the resrt and their restaurants. I've always stayed at Disney hotels, I don't know how the Vistana is set up. I understand that it is quite large, however are they grouped in smaller units...how are the amenities, cleanliness, convience, food quality, friendliness...etc... I hope someone out hthere can help! I truely appreciate the advice! Thanks

Hopefully this will help. I've been an owner there for 10 years & enjoyed everyone of them. The facility is exceptionally great for the kids, lots of activities. The food is good & service also good. This is a gated campus directly next to the main entrance to Disney & only afew miles to Sea World/Discovery Cove & Universal Studios. Depending upon the Vila you are staying in will depend upon the amenities. I own in the Cascades, quite excellent. To give youa better overview, you might go to the Vistan.com web site & locate the vill you are renting. If I can be of further help, you can reach me at ...atwcteam111@comcast.net
Cheers....WC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter