• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resorts

SEJ

Earning My Ears
We used my mom's timeshare trade and are staying there in November. Has anyone been at the Sheraton Vistana Resort and have any feedback? Thanks.

SEJ,

We stayed at Vistana Resort as a trade on my parent's timeshare in March 2000. The location was great and the units were very nice. If you do a search of "Vistana" on these boards, you will come up with plenty of info especially concerning what area to expect based on your check-in day. Our first night was a rental and since it was Friday we had the newer Cascades section. On Saturday, we checked out of our rental and into our RCI exchange week and were moved to an older unit which although suited our needs just fine was not as updated as the first unit. However, this did not affect our overall opinion of the resort. I would recommend it. We are trying the Vistana Villages this December. Although it is a little farther away, it is less per night (we are renting) and is a new development. Have a great time!!

jtryan, My family and I also stayed at the Vistana Resort earlier this year (Do a search on my ID, jeff968, and you'll find my review). We rented the entire time and were in the cascades. It was great. I am also considering Vistana villages for next year. I hear it is all new and slightly cheaper. Did you rent through Hotelkingdom or some other site? We are looking at $149 a night in February for the 2 bedroom. The Ron Jon is tempting at $85 a night for a 2 bedroom but I can't get enough positive feedback on the unit and I know the location is not great.

Jeff968,

Yes we originally booked Vistana Villages through Hotelkingdom.com but our nightly rate for a 2 bedroom was 119.90. There may be an increase after Jan. 1 but it shouldn't be that much. We wound up cancelling our hotelkingdom.com ressies and re-booked at Vistana Villages through an SWA Vacation package because we could fly for 90/person r-t and get first choice of flights. I will post a review of the Villages when I get back in December.

roxanne

South West Airlines? Are these packages available to others? I have to purchase plane tickets as well and if the net cost was cheaper, then.... Thanks

jeff968,

Yes it was through Soutwest Airlines Vacations. I found out about this special through my e-mail updates from SWA. They are offering $50.00 off per person but I think you have to travel by the middle of December. They even have a long list of hotel options with some offering a 4th night free. Check out their web page for more info. Good luck.

roxanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter