Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

dtripli

DIS Veteran

Hi - We are heading to Disney in early June and are spending our second week off property at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. We are mainly looking to relax and spend some quality time together after a busy week at the parks. My question is what building/area should I request to be close to the main pool/eating area etc.? Our children are 14, 12, 9 and 1 so location is important to us. Also do all of the villas have balconies? If not is this something I can request as well? My husband and I would love to be able to sit out with a glass of wine after the kids go to bed. We have a two bedroom villa. I really appreciate any advice you have to offer.:) :) :)

Hi.....

All the villas have balconies or patios.

Some of the newer sections offer elevator buildings and are 4-5 stories high (Lakes and Cascades).

The ones that do not have elevators are either 2 or 3 stories high.

There are 7 pools. When you say the "main" pool, people see that in different ways. Some will say the newest Cascades has the main pool. Others would consider the older section with the Super pool as the main pool.
The Cascades and Lakes pools are zero depth entry pools with some fountains in them. The Fountains pool has a rock formation with a water fall. The older Falls pool has a slide.

So it just depends on what you want. I'd just request "close to pool" in your reservation. I suggest filling out the Diamond Lane online request form :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01&IM=SVO_RC_DIA_SVR

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.......

Maria

Hi.....

All the villas have balconies or patios.

Some of the newer sections offer elevator buildings and are 4-5 stories high (Lakes and Cascades).

The ones that do not have elevators are either 2 or 3 stories high.

There are 7 pools. When you say the "main" pool, people see that in different ways. Some will say the newest Cascades has the main pool. Others would consider the older section with the Super pool as the main pool.
The Cascades and Lakes pools are zero depth entry pools with some fountains in them. The Fountains pool has a rock formation with a water fall. The older Falls pool has a slide.

So it just depends on what you want. I'd just request "close to pool" in your reservation. I suggest filling out the Diamond Lane online request form :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01&IM=SVO_RC_DIA_SVR

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.......

Maria
Thanks so much Maria - for the request link as well - Now I just need to decide which pool is best for us. Zero entry is nice for the baby, but Im sure my "big Kids" would like the slide!

How big/fun is the slide?

Do they charge a parking fee?

Please explain the no housekeeping rate - do they have self service trash dump areas? Does the rate include them cleaning up when we check out?

I am curious if anyone has experience with this resort on whether or not they easily grant room requests? How about upgrades?

no parking fee
if you are exchanging they do a mid week cleaning with no charge.

the definitely do the room request - if they can. can't with RCI or II - you get what the reservation says.

don't about upgrades.

Requests are hit or miss at Vistana. I have gotten my requests about 85% of the time though. I suggest putting your requests in the online form I provided and backing it up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller : Fax 407 239 3111

Not sure what you mean by an "upgrade" bzzybee ? You have a 2 bedroom villa and there are no 3 bedrooms at Vistana.

The one pool slide on property at the Falls section :

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b406bf00000001.jpg

47b7cf28b3127cce98548b43eac30000001.jpg

Requests are hit or miss at Vistana. I have gotten my requests about 85% of the time though. I suggest putting your requests in the online form I provided and backing it up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller : Fax 407 239 3111

Not sure what you mean by an "upgrade" bzzybee ? You have a 2 bedroom villa and there are no 3 bedrooms at Vistana.

Thanks for the info! I meant to a lockoff...

yes it is steelbug.....Falls should be complete by the end of May of this year.........

Maria

We are headed here in about 3 weeks. How far is it to Disney? Do we need to rent a car or is there a shuttle etc? We have never been to Disney and just traded our timeshare through II. Anything we should know? We will be just 3, dh and I along with ds(almost 3)

It is very close to Downtown Disney. I think they have shuttle buses, but we had a car. It is a nice resort!

We are headed here in about 3 weeks. How far is it to Disney? Do we need to rent a car or is there a shuttle etc? We have never been to Disney and just traded our timeshare through II. Anything we should know? We will be just 3, dh and I along with ds(almost 3)

I highly recommend a car Alisonh. It's a 10-15 min drive to the parks. It's a 5 min drive to DD/Marketplace. There are shuttles but they are like $8/person/day. And the shuttle times are not the most convenient. It's much cheaper to rent a car. And the resort itself is very large and having a car to get around there is a benefit unto itself.

Do you have a 1 or 2 bedroom reserved ? I suggest you fill out and submit the online Diamond Lane form that I posted the link to in a couple posts above. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one since you are trading via II, but just in case, request a newly remodeled room or the Cascades section.

Maria

Do you have a 1 or 2 bedroom reserved ? I suggest you fill out and submit the online Diamond Lane form that I posted the link to in a couple posts above. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one since you are trading via II, but just in case, request a newly remodeled room or the Cascades section.

Maria

Maria -- how far in advance do you send in the diamond lane form? We're going on April 13th.

Thanks -
Wendy

Hi Wendy....
You could go fill it out now. I usually do mine 4-8 weeks ahead of time.

Have a great time !

Maria

Maria,

Which sections have been completed in the re-model? Last time we went in 2007 we stayed in the Fountains II, I think, and we liked it it was quite close to the Fountains pool with the waterfall. Is that area upgraded or no? Some of my family will be staying there in May for our gathering and I want to make sure we get a recently renovated room, if possible.

Thanks!
Michelle

Hi Michelle...
Yes, so far the Lakes, Fountains I and Fountains II are complete. Here is the schedule :

REHAB SCHEDULE :
Springs : Feb -June 2009
Spas : April 2010--Jan 2011
Falls : Jan --May 2009
Courts : Aug--Dec 2010
Cascades : May 2009 to May 2010 (largest section)

Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!