Sheraton Offer 4 nights 5 days for 199?

msvlg

Mouseketeer
did anyone ever receive an offer from Sheraton for 4 nights 5 days for 199 if you attend a 120 minute timeshare presentation? Would we be held hostage by salespeople the whole time we’re there? thanks!

Yes we get them a lot. We don't accept them as we don't want to waste vacation time pressured by sales people. We know we're not interested in purchasing a timeshare. I'm not sure how high pressure Sheraton is- some are worse than others.

I got the same offer today. Would love to hear feedback and also what the hidden fees are.

Vistana, like many properties in the area, float these offers regularly.

A 4-night stay at SVR or SVV is about $500 on the open market, so the big questions is if it is worth $300 for 2 hours of precious vacation time for you and your partner. Note that it is really 3 hours, as they don't include the time for the breakfast, only the time with a salesperson. Effectively you are killing a half-day of an already short vacation. IMO - its not worth it for us. And yes, you must stay the full length of your commitment (but no longer), unless they release you early. Early release is rare, but fun to try. I have done these when the economics make sense, and have been released early when they realize that I know timeshares well, and have bought all my VOIs resale; doesn't take too long for them to realize that the "fresh meat" is actually gristle and bone.

@lizdis1 there are no hidden fees; they are paying you for your attendance and that is the deal. The Vistana properties do not charge any resort fees either, unlike many in the area.

Like most of the top tier companies (DVC, Hilton, Marriott, Wyndham), Sheraton is not a high pressure outfit. But there are always exceptions to any rule, and you might get an overzealous sales rep; most of them aren't that way and they aren't trained to be that way. Generalizing, it is fairly easy to just say no at Sheraton. Just don't attend a presentation by Wastegate (Westgate); they make Mexico timeshare salesmen look like saints I am told.

Sheraton will be pushing their Flex program. Since Sheraton hasn't been actively developing much in recent times, this is their way of repackaging the remaining dog weeks in their inventory into a vacation club that sounds enticing. Don't be fooled or romanced by the rhetoric. It is fairly easy to tell when the salesperson is lying to you; their lips are moving.

My best advice is to bid on a stay on skyauction or book from an owner on tug or redweek. You won't pay too much more and there will be no strings.

Vistana, like many properties in the area, float these offers regularly.

A 4-night stay at SVR or SVV is about $500 on the open market, so the big questions is if it is worth $300 for 2 hours of precious vacation time for you and your partner. Note that it is really 3 hours, as they don't include the time for the breakfast, only the time with a salesperson. Effectively you are killing a half-day of an already short vacation. IMO - its not worth it for us. And yes, you must stay the full length of your commitment (but no longer), unless they release you early. Early release is rare, but fun to try. I have done these when the economics make sense, and have been released early when they realize that I know timeshares well, and have bought all my VOIs resale; doesn't take too long for them to realize that the "fresh meat" is actually gristle and bone.

@lizdis1 there are no hidden fees; they are paying you for your attendance and that is the deal. The Vistana properties do not charge any resort fees either, unlike many in the area.

Like most of the top tier companies (DVC, Hilton, Marriott, Wyndham), Sheraton is not a high pressure outfit. But there are always exceptions to any rule, and you might get an overzealous sales rep; most of them aren't that way and they aren't trained to be that way. Generalizing, it is fairly easy to just say no at Sheraton. Just don't attend a presentation by Wastegate (Westgate); they make Mexico timeshare salesmen look like saints I am told.

Sheraton will be pushing their Flex program. Since Sheraton hasn't been actively developing much in recent times, this is their way of repackaging the remaining dog weeks in their inventory into a vacation club that sounds enticing. Don't be fooled or romanced by the rhetoric. It is fairly easy to tell when the salesperson is lying to you; their lips are moving.

My best advice is to bid on a stay on skyauction or book from an owner on tug or redweek. You won't pay too much more and there will be no strings.

Thanks! That’s my inclination. We own DVC but only enough for one week a year and I was trying to find a reason for a quick cheap trip.

It's really not that bad, my son just did it they dont make you go to the meeting unless you want the 100 giftcard or etc. Just say no thankyou to the really tempting free things they throw your way

If you have to attend any form of presentation at a timeshare, don't do it. They prey on the less intelligent. We agreed to do one only because there were massive storms and you couldn't get out in Williamsburg. The Wyndham sales people were so slick for those that were less intelligent. There were 4 groups of us in it. They tried acting intelligent, testing the intelligence of the crowd, and scoped out the dumbest ones. Not me because there attempts to be funny were too easy. Needless-to-say, their hard tactics worked on one of the schleps. We saw them later that night back at our resort. They guy was so happy that they signed to purchase 1M points for $100,000. He was told he could rent half his points and it would cover his annual dues...which is about right. But none of it covered the $1,500 per month payment on the $100,000. The couple had no clue and insisted I was wrong. Thankfully they called a local attorney that helps get the weak out of the deal before the initial cancellation period expires.

We did this one for a trip to Arizona - it was a Marriott/Sharaton property. You do not have to attend the presentation - they cannot force you - they offer a visa gift card if you do and if you don't want to they do not hassle you. When someone says no firmly enough, good sales people know it's pointless and to focus on those who might be easily swayed.

We did this one for a trip to Arizona - it was a Marriott/Sharaton property. You do not have to attend the presentation - they cannot force you - they offer a visa gift card if you do and if you don't want to they do not hassle you. When someone says no firmly enough, good sales people know it's pointless and to focus on those who might be easily swayed.
In general, no, they cannot force you. BUT if you take advantage of one of these low price offers that includes the requirement for a presentation and you do not attend the presentation they will revert your room charge to full rack rate. And nobody pays THAT much for a room.

In general, no, they cannot force you. BUT if you take advantage of one of these low price offers that includes the requirement for a presentation and you do not attend the presentation they will revert your room charge to full rack rate. And nobody pays THAT much for a room.

Okay let me clarify - we did not take advantage of an offer that included the requirement for a presentation. If was an offer we received which briefly mentioned we'd be given the opportunity to learn more about their property sales program. So we never made any promise - and were not told of anything being required. This was a few years ago so perhaps they have tightened the bolts on these offers a bit?

It depends on the Timeshare company. We attended one for Hilton Grand Vacations under a special promotional rate (ours was 3 nights/4 days for $100) in exchange for attending a timeshare presentation. We didn't HAVE to attend the presentation, but our promotional rate was only guaranteed if we did. Had we skipped the presentation they would have charged us regular rates for the hotel stay.

But agreed that if you go into the presentation knowing what your final answer is, and stick to your guns, they generally recognize when they are not going to get the sale early enough that you might be able to get them to cut you loose sooner than later.

We booked this deal and are at the resort now. The presentation is not required, but if we do it we receive double the SPG points or a Visa gift card. We received the offer because we are Marriott Rewards / SPG members. We were even able to tack on a few days at the end for a great rate through Mousesavers. We are not going to do the presentation; our time is more valuable spent elsewhere.

We booked this deal and are at the resort now. The presentation is not required, but if we do it we receive double the SPG points or a Visa gift card. We received the offer because we are Marriott Rewards / SPG members. We were even able to tack on a few days at the end for a great rate through Mousesavers. We are not going to do the presentation; our time is more valuable spent elsewhere.
Marriott is going to have some very unhappy owners on their hands.

I don't mind when they throw rates like this as a sales promotion, but when they start offering the resort villas for 1/2 of what we owners pay in maintenance fees they are in direct competition with their own owners and are diluting the value of what we own. :furious:

BTW, you are no longer SPG or Marriott Rewards; you are now Bonvoy! Stupidest name EVER!!!

Marriott is going to have some very unhappy owners on their hands.

I don't mind when they throw rates like this as a sales promotion, but when they start offering the resort villas for 1/2 of what we owners pay in maintenance fees they are in direct competition with their own owners and are diluting the value of what we own. :furious:

BTW, you are no longer SPG or Marriott Rewards; you are now Bonvoy! Stupidest name EVER!!!

Yes- I didn't use the new name in my post because I figured most folks wouldn't know what I was referring to. If I was an owner I would be somewhat upset. But I guess they're Marketing Department's thinking is that those who are Rewards members may be more likely to become owners since they favor the brand. Based on my short time with staff I would say it's not working. Their were four of us checking in and only one person agreed to the presentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!