Sheraton Anaheim

shagster330

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Sheraton Anaheim when we are at DL later this year. Has anyone stayed there and if so what is it like. We will have our two dd's with us.

After years and years of passing up the Sheraton for the motels on Harbor Blvd and the Disney Hotels I finally stayed here last year. It is located behind Disneyland on Ball road next to Highway 5. I did not hear any road noise but there are some rooms in a back section that look like they would be loud so request to be away from the freeway. This is a large place built in the 60's. The Lobby and restaurant area are very nice and modern. The rooms are quite large and of average decore. It was fairly comfortable and was quiet. The place is like a maze too and I (usually have a great sense of direction) got turned around numerous times. The bulding is Tudor styl with a slight Castle theme to it.There are many beautifully landscaped courtyards. Be aware that the heating and A/C system is odd and there isn't as muchg control as one might like. If you get too hot they suggest opening the window. If you get too cold you can get an electric heater from the front desk. I was fine so I think it is only in extreme hot and cold weather that this may be a problem. I did not use the shuttle so can not comment but heard it was fine.
Here is a link with a map of the hotels around Disneyland. the Sheraton is near the big 5 on the freeway.
http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

I stay there a lot - I am a Starwood Preferred Guest member and use my SPG points to stay there or to earn points for stays at WDW. I have gotten rooms there for only $79.00 per night booking online (on the SPG site) with a AAA rate.
Anyway I love it. It is an older hotel but the rooms are large and quiet. You can walk to DL/DCA but it is quite a hike. We have done it a few times in the Summer at the end of a warm day and it was a relaxing walk away from the crowds. We measured the distance and it is just under a mile.
I have found their shuttle to be prompt and frequent (every 1/2 hour) and never had any problems there.
I dont ususally use their restaurants but I have never heard anything bad from other guests. They have a nice little pool and pretty landscaping. If there is anything else ya wanna know just ask!

PS) I recommend to avoid it on the weekend of March 8 as it is the cheerleader competition at DL and they are staying at the Sheraton (unless of course that is what you are going for! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!