SHDL and TDR Christmas decorations in April??

bryiank

Earning My Ears
I know Christmas is a seasonal thing in these resorts but are there any Christmas decorations sold throughout the year in these locations? We generally pickup a decoration from wherever we visit and especially Disney parks so we'd like to get a decoration from each. Thanks for any insight....

In relation to Tokyo Disney, I don't recall seeing Christmas decorations other than around the Christmas period.

BUT, it's not something I really look for. In Tokyo, there are stores which sell older Tokyo Disney merchandise in Nakano Broadway and Akihabara, so if you didn't have any luck at the actual parks, you *might* find something there.

My experiences at those parks actually were during the Christmas season, and I also like to buy ornaments as souvenirs. I wanted to get ornaments that were park-specific though so that was a limiting factor for me.

At TDL, I actually ended up buying a phone charm shaped like the monorail handholds to re-purpose as an ornament. I can't remember if I did that because there weren't many TDL-specific options or if I just really liked those monorail handholds :-)

At SHDL, I looked all over and only ended up finding one set of ornaments that were SHDL themed. I got those as well as a fancy "Grand Opening" key chain, again re-purposing it as an ornament.

So, anyways, if you're as relaxed about the definition of a Christmas ornament as I am, then maybe just keep your eyes peeled for anything cute and dangly :-)

We didn't have any trouble finding a good number of Christmas ornaments in SHDL in late November, but found almost NONE in Tokyo. We, too, buy ornaments every year we can.

That said, I'd be surprised if you find much in April...but, as rwu suggests, if you can be a bit loose with your definition of ornament, you could do just fine!

I agree, there were NO ornaments to be found in TDL, and we had to improvise with cell phone keychains. I don't remember any in SHDL, or at least not a lot of them. We collect them as well and I was hoping to find a Christmas store that would do the lettering on them (or at least some with dates printed!) but didn't find any

As others have said, I don't remember seeing any Christmas ornaments in the TDL, but at some of the snack stands they sell miniature versions of the popcorn buckets filled with candy and they're a nice size for an ornament. It worked out well because the mini popcorn bucket was a nice reminder of our trip!

Here's a pic of the mini candy holders with their respective full sized popcorn buckets:

http://imgur.com/a/iKVDJ

We loved the Cinderella coaches popcorn buckets (could also pull along on a string) that we saw this month in SDL but too bulky to think of buying (and no children to beg us!) Did not see miniature versions of them though.

We loved the Cinderella coaches popcorn buckets (could also pull along on a string) that we saw this month in SDL but too bulky to think of buying (and no children to beg us!) Did not see miniature versions of them though.

They unfortunately don't make mini versions of all the popcorn buckets, only a few. When I was there, it was Frozen Fantasy time and I bought a Frozen popcorn bucket that collapsed into a third of the size and was super portable to take home. It's really cool! I keep thinking I'm going to take it with me to the zoo to eat my popcorn out of :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter