sharing the dining plan

wendydelite

Earning My Ears
I have 2 rooms going to 2 different resorts the same arrival day. We are only going to the same park today 1 day, the rest we have separate touring plans. One guest is listed in both reservations because one room is staying longer than the other and she will move rooms part way through the trip. Given the above scenario, can I legitimately purchase a dining plan for the longer staying room and share it with the other room (meaning we would split the cost and each get a few days worth of meals)? I'm thinking- the guest in both rooms would have to be the band scanner to use the dining plan for the day the rest of that room's guests are at another park. Does that make sense? Thoughts?

Yes you can share dining credits with those not listed in your room. I'm confused as to why you said "we are only going to the same park today 1 day.." was that a typo? You can't add a dining plan once you've arrived, but if that's the case you've found that out by now. Anyone listed in the room with the dining plan can scan their band when paying so it doesn't have to be the guest listed in both rooms. SOMEONE from the room with DDP had to be dining with the others though so check your park plans first.

Last edited:
I have 2 rooms going to 2 different resorts the same arrival day. We are only going to the same park today 1 day, the rest we have separate touring plans. One guest is listed in both reservations because one room is staying longer than the other and she will move rooms part way through the trip. Given the above scenario, can I legitimately purchase a dining plan for the longer staying room and share it with the other room (meaning we would split the cost and each get a few days worth of meals)? I'm thinking- the guest in both rooms would have to be the band scanner to use the dining plan for the day the rest of that room's guests are at another park. Does that make sense? Thoughts?

We did this in December and we upgraded our free quick service plan to the Deluxe Dining Plan for one room and left the free quick service on the other one. We used the Deluxe at all the TS we wanted to go to and then QS for lunches. It allowed us to get Apps, entrée, and dessert at every meal for everyone. It allowed us to get Apps for everyone to share and enjoy new things. We really enjoyed it. We would also get different desserts so everyone could try those also. We had done the math and overall we saved doing it this way over upgrading to the DDP on both rooms. We mostly did it because we wanted the options of apps.

Yes you can share dining credits with those not listed in your room. I'm confused as to why you said "we are only going to the same park today 1 day.." was that a typo? You can't add a dining plan once you've arrived, but if that's the case you've found that out by now. Anyone listed in the room with the dining plan can scan their band when paying so it doesn't have to be the guest listed in both rooms. SOMEONE from the room with DDP had to be dining with the others though so check your park plans first.

yes that was a typo. We are only going to the same park on the 1st day. It would be one guest whose name is on both reservations that would be with the other room's touring plan, so as long as she scans her band it should be fine. Thanks for replying!

yes that was a typo. We are only going to the same park on the 1st day. It would be one guest whose name is on both reservations that would be with the other room's touring plan, so as long as she scans her band it should be fine. Thanks for replying!
Hmmm, I’m pretty sure you can onl be in one reservation at a time. You may want to pull her out of the other reservation and just leave her on yours. Then, she can access the dining credits from your reservation for that group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter