Sharing dining plan meals

Pamlico

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this question has been answered before. We have the DDP for our October visit. If my mom and I wanted to share a meal instead of each getting our own is that ok? Are we allowed to split credits like this? Obviously I know this wouldn't work for buffets but other places maybe?

Sorry if this question has been answered before. We have the DDP for our October visit. If my mom and I wanted to share a meal instead of each getting our own is that ok? Are we allowed to split credits like this? Obviously I know this wouldn't work for buffets but other places maybe?
Most TS places will allow this. One that will not is via Napoli. At QS you can easily share.

Most TS places will allow this. One that will not is via Napoli. At QS you can easily share.
Not sure when everyone says this about Via... they cannot tell you that you cannot share a purchased meal.... dining plan or not.
Of course you cannot share all you can items but you can certainly share a small pizza. Let them tell tell me I can't have a piece of my husbands pizza

Not sure when everyone says this about Via... they cannot tell you that you cannot share a purchased meal.... dining plan or not.
Of course you cannot share all you can items but you can certainly share a small pizza. Let them tell tell me I can't have a piece of my husbands pizza
That is not what was meant by the no sharing comment. At Via Napoli you can not just order 1 meal using the dining plan credit for 2 diners to share. Not the same as when 2 diners order 2 meals and then share tastes or part of their meals with each other.

DD and I did it a few years ago. 50's Prime Time Cafe happily split our fried chicken dinner onto two plates. On the other hand, our waitress at Cali Grill got rather snippy with us about it. She did it, but she was rude when she wasn't being completely inattentive for the rest of the evening. Obviously, it didn't work for buffets and restaurants that serve family style like 'Ohana. We didn't even attempt it at Via Napoli.

Do it when you can, but don't rely on sharing every time you eat at TS.

QS is the easiest way to share. On our recent trip, DD and I ordered the Bounty Breakfast Platter and Mickey Waffles at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian often sharing both meals so that we would both get eggs. But no splitting meals this time. It was too much trouble last time.

That is not what was meant by the no sharing comment. At Via Napoli you can not just order 1 meal using the dining plan credit for 2 diners to share. Not the same as when 2 diners order 2 meals and then share tastes or part of their meals with each other.
I order one meal for 2 of us, we cannot eat 2 pizzas, we share

So if we have reservations at 50’s, sci-fi & Marrakesh, the 5 of us could order 2 or 3 meals and share on the DDP? This would be a great way to get an extra meal outta the dining plan especially when my kids are now “adults”.

Is there a list out there of those restaurants that will allow u to share?

It's easier to go the other way as just about everyone will allow you to share as long as it's not a buffet, all-you-care-to-eat, or dining package (F!, ROL, etc) type meal.

The only one that consistently says "NO" to sharing is Via Napoli, and by sharing, we mean using one credit to feed two or more people.

It's easier to go the other way as just about everyone will allow you to share as long as it's not a buffet, all-you-care-to-eat, or dining package (F!, ROL, etc) type meal.

The only one that consistently says "NO" to sharing is Via Napoli, and by sharing, we mean using one credit to feed two or more people.

Was the final result with BOG dinner that prix fixe actually means it, and everyone pays?

And how is the new Pizzafari meal working, everyone pay? or just food in proportion to payers?

Was the final result with BOG dinner that prix fixe actually means it, and everyone pays?

And how is the new Pizzafari meal working, everyone pay? or just food in proportion to payers?

From what I've seen, no one has tried at either of these, but when someone asks here, the consensus is they can't. Wish I was there and willing to risk the money just to try it at both of these because there's this niggingly feeling that you probably can at both of them if you just ask.

From what I've seen, no one has tried at either of these, but when someone asks here, the consensus is they can't. Wish I was there and willing to risk the money just to try it at both of these because there's this niggingly feeling that you probably can at both of them if you just ask.

If you can at BOG then they failed again. Pizzafari .... eh, we'll see if that even lasts. I get it's a decent offer but nothing about the menu wows me. Disney doesn't do pizza or pasta well.

We plan on saving a QS credit at flame tree by ordering two of the big platters and not buying a separate meal for my son but that’s as far as I’ve gotten

What if you pay out of pocket at Via Napoli? Sharing permitted then? Got a pizza to go?

When did Disney start allowing the sharing of credits again? Was it last year? I would think if a good number of people really started doing this, they might stop allowing it again. I mean, with the DxDDP, that plan could really be used well to stretch out credits if planned accordingly, if not doing any buffets. Just doing the one night at the beginning of one's trip on the DDP can be extremely beneficial with getting the refillable mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!