Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

Like a kid in a candy store. That’s probably the best way to describe the feeling as I walked into Galaxy’s Edge on 9/9. Visited AK in the morning and had a Mama Melrose ADR for 5:30. Was out by 7 and straight into the land. And when I say the flood of emotions that hit was like a tidal wave I’m in no way exaggerating. I’ll try to keep this short and sweet and remember that these are my opinions and shouldn’t sway anyone one way or another.

1) The land itself is amazing! I felt so immersed with 5 minutes walking in with Chewie and Rey walking around. Storm Troopers interrogating guests. The detail the imagineers put into this place is nothing short of stunning. You could stare at a garbage can for 20 minutes. That’s how cool it all looks. On top of that, the crowds throughout all the parks this week so far are virtually non existent. Last night was a bit crowded but at 8pm MFSR was a 25 minute wait. It was also enjoyable to be able to just sit outside Docking Bay 7 and enjoy the view of the Falcon.

2) Get yourself a thermal detonator coke and sprite even with the obscene price tag. You won’t regret it.

3) Oga’s cantina is truly awesome. On the other hand, the drinks that I had sucked. I tried 2 alcoholic and my wife’s 2 non alcoholic and all were terrible. You may have better luck than me but mine were disgusting garbage. The Rancor tooth beer flight looks really cool and is really expensive.

4) MFSR. 25 minute wait at 8:30PM after I left Oga’s. The queue itself is amazing. The Hondo animatronic is something to behold. Waiting room before you board is plain nuts with detail. The ride itself is good. Not great. Was a gunner my 1st time. You sit there and push a button. Boring. Thankfully we had good pilots so we didn’t crash out. 2nd time i was a pilot and it really takes the ride up a notch. Experience the ride as a pilot.

5) Go at night if you only have 1 option. I walked in for sunset which was absolutely beautiful! By the time the lights kicked on I was absolutely stunned by the beauty of it all. You actually feel like you’re on another planet.

6) Sorry all. Green and blue milk are nasty. Even alcohol couldn’t fix that hot mess. They will change this recipe eventually as curiosity will eventually run out or word of mouth will do it.

7) Savis at 9:50. Worth every penny. Just do it.

8) You can see some fireworks from Galactic Nights if it’s playing at 10. Left Savis at 10:15 and was cool to see. Nothing major but still fun to see lighting up over Batuu.

I can honestly say that for this week you can probably hit all the major to-do’s in the land in 3-4 hours if you have resi’s and manageable crowds.

Love your positive review, but the blue and green milk are a huge hit and are already widely beloved. Especially blue. Can't imagine they'll see the need to change anything.

If it's only the builder and one guest, how did a party of four get in?

Sounds like they're not very strict about the limit.
I think they are but, as with all things, nothing is ever 100%. Some CM will allow things others don't. Give some the right sob story or put up enough of a stink and there's bound to be one that gets away with something all others can't. More than 2 is definitely a rare exception and shouldn't be counted on for sure

If it's only the builder and one guest, how did a party of four get in?

Sounds like they're not very strict about the limit.
the poster didn't explain what the make up of that family of 4 was. If it's just one adult and three little kids they would all have to go in together

Going home now and because of something personal that came up I had to give up my reservation to Oga last minute. They let me cancel without a penalty.

I went to Battu twice on this trip. I fly the Falcon, my mom switch being a pilot for a gunner. Went to the Droid Depot 3 times. Had to go back 10 minutes later. Droid stopped working. Then I went back wanting to look around. I did get a personality chip.

I got pics but none of the cool pictures which I am sad about.

I went to Don and brought a hologram and a Kyber Crystal. Haven't tried it out because haven't had time to test it out. Haven't charged it.

Went to Savi's coolest experience ever and best conversation piece ever. Ended up talking with everyone about it.

Oh I got stopped by Kylo Ren and he told me I had to join the First Order. I said I don't know. As he shocked me. I didn't expect him to talk to me lol He then One of us is going to have to decided.

the poster didn't explain what the make up of that family of 4 was. If it's just one adult and three little kids they would all have to go in together
A mom, a dad and 2 kids. Guessing the kids ages but maybe a bit older than mine so I think maybe 7 and 9

Just got back from Batuu, arrived in the land at around 8:30pm played with the datapad for a while, did Falcon 2 times, both with about a 20 min wait. Decided to wait and see the land completely empty.
We walked out around 10:25 and got these lovely views

and finally as we were about to leave Vi Moradi caught my eye. I approached her and said hi, we talked for a bit, she said she was inspecting the x wing after Rey had done some repairs to it and she was about to call it a night :)

Just got back from Batuu, arrived in the land at around 8:30pm played with the datapad for a while, did Falcon 2 times, both with about a 20 min wait. Decided to wait and see the land completely empty.
We walked out around 10:25 and got these lovely views
View attachment 435302
View attachment 435303

View attachment 435304
and finally as we were about to leave Vi Moradi caught my eye. I approached her and said hi, we talked for a bit, she said she was inspecting the x wing after Rey had done some repairs to it and she was about to call it a night :)
View attachment 435306
Those are wonderful!

Well, what can I say...I am in love with Batuu.

We were there last Tuesday 9/10. We got to the park at 6am and were behind a decent sized crowd, so we went to TSL first and walked on Slinky Dog, TSMM and then went over to do RnR and ToT with now wait. Then we went over to Galaxy's Edge after the rope drop crowd had thinned out.

As we walked through the Grand Ave entrance I was overcome with emotion. I started tearing up...it was all so perfect. Like they raided my childhood imagination. Everything was literally pitch perfect...and the CM's were ALL IN on their characters and the story! We walked through the marketplace (I totally need a Salacious Crumb!!) and then made our way to the Falcon. I may have started crying again as she loomed into view.

We only waited about 25 minutes for the ride. DH was an Engineer and I was a gunner. The queue was outstanding (the banter over the PA system and all the details....) the Hondo animatronic and the preshow were awesome. I was a little perturbed that MY success hinged on the SEVEN YEAR OLD KID who was our pilot who was doing nada but laughing. This is a bone of contention for me. I enjoyed being a gunner BUT the design of the ride is clunky and awkward. WHY are the "fire" buttons on your side??? It was so uncomfortable and awkward to hold your arm to the side where you aren't able to SEE the fire button and try to constantlt tap it. They should have positioned a joystick on the back of the pilot seats, with an aimable gun. I enjoyed the ride a lot more as a pilot.

We rode twice more (15 minute waits, one of which was during the fireworks at night). The second ride we were gunners again and our pilot was an adult woman who had no idea what was happening...despite me yelling to her to "pull the lever!!" for the jump to light speed. She just laughed and gripped the control.

On our last flight we requested the pilot seats and the CM was happy to oblige. We did really well and had a blast!

We ate a late breakfast at Ronto's which was pretty good. I really want to try Docking Bay 7 next time.

We had a 12:35 ADR for Oga's but there was not much of a line so they let us check in early (9am) and we had so much fun! The drinks were okay (I had the Moogan Tea and DH had the Blue milk). The tea tasted like Christmas-spices, it was okay but not a drink I'd get again, and the Blue milk was kind of gross. We also had the lava roll which was pretty good. DJ Rex was so much fun and we actually "lost power" to the bar which our server blamed DH for LOL (for touching buttons on the wall hahaha)...but DJ Rex and the bartenders got the who joint clapping and cheering to get the power back on, so all was well.

I could have spent a whole day here exploring, and we did a ton of missions on the Play Disney app which really added to the enjoyment. I can't wait to go back and to ride Rise of the Resistance!

Back from our trip. We rope dropped Batuu on Sautrday 09/22. Second family in the park! We arrived around 4:40ish (caught a bus from All Star Movies at 4:30am/ only guest on that bus)
- Rode smugglers run (I was a gunner and husband was an engineer)
- rode it again (single rider) and we were both gunners
- went to the cantina the bar was completely open. I ordered the fuzzy tauntaun and hubby ordered the outer rim.
- blue milk
- ronto wrap was okay
- purchased a spira from the droid depot
- took tons of pictures around the land
- then we left the land and rode almost every ride in HS. (TOT twice, Rock n roller coaster twice, all of the rides in Toy Story Land, and even star tours.
- left the park around 9:15am. As we were walking out there was masses amounts of people rushing to get in. We felt accomplished and exhausted lol !!

Back from our trip. We rope dropped Batuu on Sautrday 09/22. Second family in the park! We arrived around 4:40ish (caught a bus from All Star Movies at 4:30am/ only guest on that bus)
- went to the cantina the bar was completely open. I ordered the fuzzy tauntaun and hubby ordered the outer rim.
- blue milk
- ronto wrap was okay
- then we left the land and rode almost every ride in HS. (TOT twice, Rock n roller coaster twice, all of the rides in Toy Story Land, and even star tours.
- left the park around 9:15am. As we were walking out there was masses amounts of people rushing to get in. We felt accomplished and exhausted lol !!
This sounds excellent!

- blue milk
- ronto wrap was okay
Did they let you in the park before 6AM? If they did, did they hold everyone just outside GE until 6 or did they open it a little early? Trying to get a feel for what time we should arrive next week.

Did they let you in the park before 6AM? If they did, did they hold everyone just outside GE until 6 or did they open it a little early? Trying to get a feel for what time we should arrive next week.
We entered the park around 5:20-5:30am and they held us right at the end of Hollywood Blvd before you reach the Chinese Theater. They stated walking us all the way back into the queue of smugglers run exactly at 6am.

Just returned from a 2 week stay. This post really pertains to the Millenium Falcon. I have such mixed thoughts. I've now had the pleasure of riding 8 times, between the AP preview in August, and then this vacation. I've been a gunner twice, and engineer 6 times. I've done the single rider line 4 times, and the regular standby line 4 times. During the single rider line visits, I totally expected to be a gunner or engineer. I didn't have any illusions of being a pilot. During our standby line visits, we did ask to be pilot, but were declined. We are a party of 2 adults. However, we did see several families asking for their kids to be pilots, and they seemed to be permitted.

Here's my complaint. In FOUR of these cases, the children were so small, they couldn't reach the pilot controls. In 3 of those cases, the kids were crying so hard with fear, they wouldn't even look at the screen, let alone try to pilot. With no one really arming the pilot seat, we were crashing into everything, making for unpleasant experiences. Not to mention the fact that it made us nauseated, and feeling badly for the screaming children.

My apologies for the multiple posts! I just wondered what you all thought could be a solution for the situations I outlined above? Are adults not permitted to ask to be pilots? I don't think that's fair, when I saw parents asking for their children to be pilots and being permitted to do so. I'd love to hear your thoughts. TIA!

My apologies for the multiple posts! I just wondered what you all thought could be a solution for the situations I outlined above? Are adults not permitted to ask to be pilots? I don't think that's fair, when I saw parents asking for their children to be pilots and being permitted to do so. I'd love to hear your thoughts. TIA!
My only thoughts are
#1, no requests. ever. Period. Not hard to say no. I do it all the time, LOL You get what is handed to you. That won't stop guests from exchanging cards but CM can't control everything.
Next is maybe a minimum age for Pilots? It will be hard to police without a doubt and do something I'm sure they don't want to do, slow things down a touch. But for each group of 6 (that's the number per ride, right?) the CM could scan the guests and pick 2 pilots that give the best shot of making it work. 4, 5 yo (in the vast majority of cases) won't be that choice. Does that punish a young child who is capable? Yeah, I suppose it does. And it can give you pilots (like DH and myself) who can't do a darn thing well. But at least we give it a shot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!