Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

I am pretty confused about how to get on these two rides. There are two, correct ? My 10year old is a big fan and if he doesn't get on will be devastated. I need help. So basically to get on ROTR I have to be at the park by 6:00 am ish? Where is it that I am going to get the boarding passes? Do all members of my party have to be present to do this? What about the MF ride, is that the same process? We will be in the park on 4/9 and 4/13, will I be able to get FP's for this on 2/7? Someone give me step by step instructions, please. TIA

I am pretty confused about how to get on these two rides. There are two, correct ? My 10year old is a big fan and if he doesn't get on will be devastated. I need help. So basically to get on ROTR I have to be at the park by 6:00 am ish? Where is it that I am going to get the boarding passes? Do all members of my party have to be present to do this? What about the MF ride, is that the same process? We will be in the park on 4/9 and 4/13, will I be able to get FP's for this on 2/7? Someone give me step by step instructions, please. TIA

Falcon is standby only. If you aren’t among the first in line at open, wait a few hours. The wait time tends to be highest at park open and lowest in the evening. For RotR, read the first two posts of the boarding group thread in this forum. That should tell you everything. Fastpasses can’t be booked for either one, thank goodness.

They JUST added the ability to book fastpasses for MFSR, so get on those ASAP. There's a very long thread with lots of info in the first post for ROTR, as someone already said, and it's super helpful, so definitely check it out.

Yesterday's Rise of the Resistance Rundown!

(TL; DR - it lived up to the hype and I would wake up early to experience it again)

4:20AM - Wake up
4:21AM - Roll around in bed
4:30AM - Really wake up
5:00AM - Pick up girlfriend (6PM next day, brag online that you have a girlfriend)
5:05AM - Find out one of my contacts ripped
5:06AM - Determine if I can go the whole day with a ripped contact...quick decision, I cannot.
5:35AM - Arrive back home to replace contact
5:45AM - McDonald's run
6:20AM - Arrive at Hollywood Studios
6:25AM - Look at the security line and scold the girlfriend for bringing a bag
6:25:05AM - Immediately regret previous action
6:40AM - Get through security and enter park
6:45AM - Pound the app for no reason
6:46AM - Pound the app for no reason
6:47AM - Pound the app for no reason
6:48AM – Get tired for pounding the app for no reason
6:59AM - Countdown like it's New Year’s Eve
7:00AM - Open app > Find Out More > Join Boarding Group
7:01AM - Get assigned Boarding Group 61
7:01:20AM - Celebrate and party like its 1999
7:05AM - Plan to ride Slinky Dog Dash thinking the line will be short because it's so early
7:06AM - See that the line actually extends outside of Toy Story Land and immediately realize how dumb my initial thought process was
7:30AM - Ride Alien Swirling Saucers for the first time instead (actually pretty fun)
7:55AM – Ride Toy Story Mania via FP
8:20AM – Head over to Animal Kingdom via bus
9:10AM – Walk Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail (first time as well, so cool!)
9:55AM – Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris via FP
11:00AM – Festival of the Lion King
12:00PM – Finding Nemo – The Musical
12:29PM – Received notification that Boarding Group 61 is now boarding while in Finding Nemo
1:10PM – Arrive back at Hollywood Studios via bus
1:20PM – Entered ROTR queue
2:13PM – Resistance rose!

A few things of note -

🔹This was one of the best ride experiences I've ever been a part of. And this is coming from a non-Star Wars junkie. The attention to detail and level of engagement throughout is second-to-none.

🔹A big shout out to the admins for creating the extensive FAQ pinned in the announcements as it answered most of my questions in preparation for ROTR.

🔹You're allotted two hours from the time your boarding group is called to return to the entrance of ROTR.

🔹Expect to wait a little while longer in the normal queue once your boarding group is called (you've waited this long, it will be ok, I promise).

🔹Our entire ROTR experience from the beginning of the queue to the end of the experience clocked in at approximately 53 minutes. YMMV.

🔹Cast members in Batuu are outstanding. Be kind to them if things don't go according to plan. They are human beings, just like you and I.

🔹Even though there is an influx of people at gate open, the entire boarding group process from security checkin to boarding is very efficient and beats waiting in one queue for 3+ hours. I would rather Disney experiment with similar type virtual queues, along with Fast Passes, than open up a stand-by line and experience what FOP has experienced since open.

Enjoy!!

I'm seeing part opening at 9am during our March visit, but I have read a lot about getting there at 7am to get a boarding pass for ROTR. Does the park open earlier than the hours on the app says?

I'm seeing part opening at 9am during our March visit, but I have read a lot about getting there at 7am to get a boarding pass for ROTR. Does the park open earlier than the hours on the app says?
The park currently is opening at 7. If the official hour is 9am get to the entrance by 8:30, they are opening the front earlier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!