Share Your Rewards Toward Disney: Week of 9/17-9/23/17

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
Here we go again! It's a new week and time to start a new thread! Let's share how we're using rewards and creative savings to fund our Disney vacations. The rules are simple. Just post what you're doing each day by editing your first post in this thread. There's no right or wrong way to find ways to pay for your trip. So share what you're doing with us and maybe get inspired by what others are doing. Last week's thread is here if you want ideas.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...eek-of-9-10-17-9-16-17.3632987/#post-58210383

Starting the week off with a lot of hope. I have under a month to save for our stay in a BWV Grand Villa and an awesome F&W trip with my sister and brother!

Sunday
  • Redeemed for $6.75 on iBotta
  • Collected 835 Shopkicks while running errands
Monday
  • Received $25 PayPal from SB
  • Received $25 PayPal from EarnHoney
  • Received $25 Target GC from Perk - it's been a pretty good day!
Tuesday
  • Bought a small bag of Purina ProPlan dog food at Petsmart and paid for it with a "free bag" coupon I had found on SlickDeals. Scanned the receipt for 200 Shopkicks and donated the bag to hurricane relief.
  • Redeemed ShopKicks for $10 and $5 Target GCs, received immediately.
  • Redeemed rewards from my bank CC for $50
Wednesday
  • Downloaded the Swych app to my old cell phone. Paid $30 and got $37.50 on a BB eGC when I used a new user code I found on SlickDeals.
  • Filled my gas tank using my fuel perks ($1-off per gallon) and saved $13.30
  • Added the BB eGC from above to BB eGCs from previous deals and purchased $525 in Disney GCs from BB. Paid for the overage with the money I saved on gas. Used my iBotta app to (hopefully) get 3% cash back.
  • Redeemed for $3.75 on iBotta
  • Used $12 in CVS Extracare Bucks and a $4-off wys $25 coupon to buy toiletries for my trip.
  • Collected 902 ShopKicks while doing errands
Thursday
  • With a heavy sigh, today I committed to renting out more of my DVC points. Our daughter decided to move her wedding date up to next summer (I think the fact that her paternal grandparents are in their mid-90's is a big influence). So, while I don't necessarily need the money for Disney or the wedding, I won't be going back during the summer and neither will anyone else in the family. I can't allow all of those points to go to waste, so I put them up for rent.
  • Redeemed $4.25 in iBotta rebates
  • Collected 115 Shopkicks while running errands
  • Received $25 PayPal from SB
Friday
  • Received $25 Target GC from Perk
  • Picked 210 Shopkicks while running errands
  • Redeemed $0.25 on iBotta
  • Received the Disney Visa Rewards Cards for both my husband and myself. Each is pre-loaded with $10 and I'll top them off right before we leave for our trip.
Saturday
  • $9.25 iBotta credit for BB purchase
Total for the week:
$125 cash
$65 Target GCs
$20 Disney Rewards Dollars

Last edited:
Good luck Marionnette! That sounds like an awesome trip. I'm saving for a trip next December so I have a lot of time, but it's always good to get started as soon as possible.
Sunday
  • $5 Amazon Gift Card from Receipt Pal
Tuesday
  • $5 from Smart Panel for having their app on my computer and phone
Wednesday
  • $25 to Paypal from Swagbucks
Thursday
  • Cashed out $24.25 from Ibotta

Last edited:
Thanks for kicking things off again this week Marionnette!

Last week I earned 2100 Swagbucks, $9 from my survey companies, and converted $120 in BBY and Target GC to Disney GC!

Sunday
  • Met first SB goal-Earned 367 Sb
  • Earned 95 Shopkicks from BBY purchase
Monday
  • Met both SB goals-Earned 645 SB
  • Earned some shopkicks from Target
  • Earned $.50 from Ibotta
Tuesday
  • Met both SB goals-Earned 467 SB
Wednesday
  • Got lucky today! I got a Double SB for Survey from the Spin and Win and completed a 500 SB followup survey so it doubled to 1000 SB. Met both SB goals today. Earned 1173 SB
Thursday
  • Earned $.25 from Ibotta
  • Earned $3 from Pinecone Research
  • Met both SB goals-Earned 418 SB
  • Got accepted to do a dscout mission-will earn $40
Friday
  • Met first SB goal-Earned 200 SB
  • Earned a few Shopkicks from Target
Saturday
  • Met both SB Goals

Last edited:

So excited to share and be inspired for another week! This is my last full week of earnings before my husband and I head to WDW. This is my first trip to Disney World without my son who is on a sub somewhere under the sea. My own lil' Sebastian! <3

Sunday
  • Met first Swagbucks goal, earning 8 Swagbucks bonus
Monday
  • Cashed out for $25 PayPal from Swagbucks.
  • Received $25 PayPal from Swagbucks.
  • Cashed out and received $1 Amazon GC from Receipt Pal.
  • Received 200 Swagbucks bonus from Disney GC purchase I made through Swagbucks at the Disney Store online.
  • Met first Swagbucks goal, earning 10 Swagbucks bonus.
Tuesday
  • Cashed out for $5 Starbucks GC from Ipsos i-Say.
  • Earned .25 with Ibotta.
  • Earned free drink from Starbucks.
  • Received $5 Amazon GC from Louder Rewards.
  • Met first Swagbucks goal, earning 11 Swagbucks bonus.
Wednesday
  • Received $5 Starbucks GC from Ipsos i-Say.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal, earning 93 Swagbucks bonus.
Thursday
  • Earned .25 with Ibotta.
  • Cashed out for $2 Amazon GC from Cricket/MPlus Rewards.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal, earning 102 Swagbucks bonus.
Friday
  • Received $100 Disney GC ordered using earned PayPal funds.
  • Cashed out and received $5 Target GC from Mypoints.
  • Cashed out and received $10 Target GC from Checkpoints.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal, earning 85 Swagbucks bonus.
Saturday
  • Participated in an in home consumer research project and received $400 cash which I'll use $300 worth to purchase Disney gift cards and the other $100 will be used to buy a couple of pair of shorts for my husband since his Seattle legs are usually covered in pants which will kill him in Florida.
  • Received 200 Swagbucks bonus from Disney GC purchase I made through Swagbucks at the Disney Store online.
  • Cashed out and received $5 Target GC from Mypoints.
  • Met first Swagbucks goal, earning 9 Swagbucks bonus.

Last edited:
I'll be on business travel a few days this week, so probably a slow week for me (unless Amtrak's wifi is working better than usual).

Sunday
  • submitted 3 mturk surveys worth $1.80, but one didn't give me a completion code so not sure it will be credited
  • 127 swagbucks
  • got $3.50 in ibotta rebates
Monday
  • submitted 4 mturk surveys worth $2.30
  • 138 swagbucks
  • 34c in credit card rewards posted
Tuesday
  • submitted 2 mturk surveys worth $1.25
  • did all my swagbucks spins and got 206 sb, a double search rewards (for a total of 18), and managed to double a 131 point survey. So 501 swagbucks for the day!
  • $1.33 in credit card rewards posted
Wednesday
  • submitted 2 mturk surveys worth $1.60
  • 138 swagbucks
Thursday
  • submitted an mturk survey worth $1
  • 168 swagbucks
Friday
  • 1 mturk survey for 60c
  • 219 swagbucks
  • $1.16 in credit card rewards
Saturday
  • couple mturk surveys and a bunch of video reviews, totaling $2.75
  • got a 250 point survey, leading to 270 swagbucks
  • $2.04 in credit card rewards

Balances (weekly/total)

• $0/$215.07 savings account (earmarked for Disney)
  • $4.87/$132.13 credit card rewards balance
  • $11.20/$119.57 mturk balance
  • 1543/3054 swagbucks
Grand Total = $16.07/$466.77 (not including swagbucks/ibotta/shopkicks)

Last edited:
I'm getting down to the wire! I have to have our package paid for by 10/26 and I have $554.87 to go and I'm trying to get as much paid with my earnings as possible!

Sunday: Ibotta $5.56 cashback from Payless (dd needed shoes for a wedding next month)
Ibotta $0.25 cashback at Sam's Club
Ibotta $1.07 cashback for cat food
My balance on Ibotta is $40 right now.

RecieptPal: Added 8 receipts for 200 points, I'm at 2150 , so I have enough for $5 gift card, but I'll wait a while longer before I cash out.

Monday: 200 SB for the day
Topcashback I cashed out for $53.48
Mr.Rebates $53.20

Tuesday: Ibotta $1.50
Swagbucks 150
MyPoints $10 Walmart GC

Wednesday: $25 Walmart gift card Swagbucks
$50 Birthday check from my mom:) Going towards Disney, lol.

Thursday: 200 Swagbucks
It was a slow rewards day, I had to go out running errands most of the day.

Friday: Ibotta $0.75
Swagbucks 200 and I qualified for a product test for the end of the month worth 1190 SB!

Last edited:

We leave on Wednesday so I am running around redeeming rewards for Disney GCs.

Sunday:
Converted $150 Walmart GCs to Disney GCs at Sam's. (earned on Swagbucks)

Monday:
Completed a survey for 100 SBs and submitted my swago board for 500 SBs. i currently have AYCE running in the background. $6 already and it's only lunch time. I plan on calling DVC and doing the Visa tour for a $40 Disney GC after work.

Love this thread!

I haven't done this before, but I guess I would like to play along. Here goes:

Sunday
  • Met first and second Swagbucks goals, earning 209 SB
  • Earned 100 Marriott Rewards points through Twitter
Monday
  • Met first and second Swagbucks goals, earning 3,893 SB
  • Redeemed Swagbucks for $50 Paypal credit
Tuesday
  • Met first and second Swagbucks goals, earning 592 SB
  • Redeemed for $10 Starbucks gift card from Bing
  • Earned 150 Marriott Rewards points through Twitter (DH's brand new account got 50 anniversary points)
Wednesday
  • Met first and second Swagbucks goals, earning 1,268 SB
Thursday
  • Met first and second Swagbucks goals, earning 353 SB
  • Paid $38.56 for August mystery shops
  • Redeemed Swagbucks for $25 Paypal credit
Friday
  • Met first and second Swagbucks goals, earning 301 SB

Saturday
  • Met first Swagbucks goal, earning 387 SB
  • DH redeemed for $20 Starbucks gift cards from Bing

Total for the week:

$113.56 cash
$30 Starbucks gift cards
750 Marriott Rewards points

Last edited:
Sunday
8 SB....that's it...very rough day at work and I was in no mood to do any Swagging.

Monday
I did a few surveys, a few nCraves and had my coupons credit so I finished today with 178 SB:cheer2:

Tuesday
Ugh...I bought a $25 gift card to get my center square on the SWAGO board for a 125 SB bonus...but then I was tied up on errands by the time the purchase credited and I never made it online to submit my board:sad:. I did a few nCraves this morning and got a few wins on the "wheel-o-entries":sad2:. I ended the day with 216 SB so overall, I can't complain.

I also had a successful plasma donation today for another $20. I'm now a mere $10 away from my cash goal:teeth:.

Wednesday
I've come to the conclusion that Swagging on my work days is not something that I should count on. I managed a whopping 59 SB, 12 of which were referral credits from DH so they did not count towards my daily goal, which was over 100.

Thursday
I found some shorts at Cabela's that I'd like to order so I bought a $50 gift card from MGCP and earned 375 SB. That, combined with a double search win (total of 18) and a SwagCode netted me a total of 397 SB for the day.

I had another successful plasma donation which earned me $50! That means I have my $200 cash goal and an extra $40 to cover my half of our PhotoPass:yay:.

Friday
I picked up a 12-hour night shift tonight so I didn't do a lot of Swagging today. I managed to scrape together 43 SB and I am OK with that. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow.

Saturday
I got a rare 150SB survey tonight:worship:! I am pretty much done for the night, but DH is still going so I may get a few more referral SB's. As of now, I'm at 161 SB for the day.

Total SB for the week: 1137 SB

Last edited:
Sunday
  • 1,050 Marriott points from Twitter
Monday
  • 0 Marriott points from Twitter (not sure why)
Tuesday
  • 50 Marriott points from Twitter
  • 50 Marriott points for it being my "member-versary" (Not sure why I got this. I've only been a Marriott Rewards member for 11 days.)
  • $2.80 from iBotta for a Best Buy purchase a couple of weeks ago.
Wednesday
  • $18 from iBotta for a $100 Jet.com purchase four weeks ago. (Purchased a $50 Starbucks GC & a $50 Chipotle GC)
Thursday
Friday
  • $5 rebate check from a purchase of Vitafusion vitamins
  • $5.10 iBotta rebate for a Boxed.com purchase (10% rebate)

Last edited:
For those of you who are doing the Marriott Rewards tweets, do you intend to use the points for a Marriott stay or will you be redeeming for GCs instead?

For those of you who are doing the Marriott Rewards tweets, do you intend to use the points for a Marriott stay or will you be redeeming for GCs instead?

I usually either use the points for Marriott hotel stays or transfer the Marriott points to SPG and use them for SPG hotel stays. You generally get a much better value by redeeming directly for travel rather than gift cards.

ETA: Just wanted to give an example. Marriott room redemptions for a Category 4 PointsSaver Reward costs 15,000 points per night. If you redeem 4 nights, you get a 5th night free. That would make a 5 night stay at the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista cost 60,000 points.

If you redeemed those points for Target gift cards instead, you would only be able to get $200 worth of gift cards for 60,000 points. So, it is a much better value to use your Marriott points towards hotel redemptions.

Last edited:

I only signed up for Marriott rewards a couple of weeks ago because Twitter seemed like an easy way to collect some points. Other than our Disney trips, we really don't do any other traveling and I don't even think I've ever stayed at a Marriott before. I'm thinking if I am lucky enough to accumulate enough points then I'd try to use it for a hotel stay for some sort of weekend getaway. I didn't even realize I could get gift cards with the points, but looking at the redemption rate I agree with @Jen and Ashwin that a hotel stay is a better value. If I'm in danger of points expiring then I'll cash out for a gift card.

I only signed up for Marriott rewards a couple of weeks ago because Twitter seemed like an easy way to collect some points. Other than our Disney trips, we really don't do any other traveling and I don't even think I've ever stayed at a Marriott before. I'm thinking if I am lucky enough to accumulate enough points then I'd try to use it for a hotel stay for some sort of weekend getaway. I didn't even realize I could get gift cards with the points, but looking at the redemption rate I agree with @Jen and Ashwin that a hotel stay is a better value. If I'm in danger of points expiring then I'll cash out for a gift card.

As long as you earn or redeem points every 24 months, they won't expire. So if you keep getting points each day from Twitter, then you have nothing to worry about.

As long as you earn or redeem points every 24 months, they won't expire. So if you keep getting points each day from Twitter, then you have nothing to worry about.

That's good to know. I thought I'd read that those points don't count towards keeping your account active, but now I'm not exactly sure where I saw that.

Quick question....how do you get Marriott points from Twitter? I don't use Twitter, but I have an account (haven't figured out exactly how to use it...) and I would love a way to earn more points. We drive to HHI every three years and we need at least two nights on the road. Marriott points would be great because we could use them for the drive down and back. There is also a Marriott at the Tampa airport so if we every take a late flight into TPA, or an early flight out, we could use the points there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter