Share your budget?

No, those were from a friend of ours. We paid for his and his wife's airfare from Wisconsin (his wife is the one in the green flowered dress) in exchange for taking pictures in Epcot the night before the wedding (our "engagement" session) and during the wedding. The Disney photography pics weren't nearly as nice, and I don't recall them taking pics during the ceremony. We were so glad we had a friend come to take pics, but because I told DFTW that he was a guest taking pictures, we didn't have to forfeit our Disney photography. I liked the Disney pics, but I would've been just as happy without them, I think.

My dress was allowed in the parks because it wasn't obvious that it's my wedding dress--it could be seen as a nice sundress or something. No one stopped and asked me about it, but then again, I was only in MK for an hour or so. We went in, got the pics in front of the castle, and were on our way (on the train) to Dumbo for some cute pics when I decided I was too tired and cared more about getting a nap in before our big group dinner than getting pics on a ride we'd never been on together :P

You have to be aware that with a Memories wedding, you can only have 6 guests max. We had the max, and then our wedding planner let some friends stand 20 feet away and watch, but I've heard of other planners not allowing that. We chose the Memories wedding because we decided to elope with no family there--if we wanted to have all the important family members there (parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins), we would've had to go with a Wishes wedding, and we couldn't afford that.

EDIT: Ignore that last paragraph--I misunderstood what you were saying :) With your budget (depending on where you live for airfare), $8k should be enough for a Memories wedding and a shot honeymoon (ours was 4 days). Just bear in mind that the price has gone up since we did it, I believe it's $2500 now.

Ok good to know.. I've seen a lot of people doing that.. We have considered no guests at all.. Just him and I, so may have to consider someone just to take photos.. Hahaha.. I didn't feel it would be fair if I invited one pair of friends and not another or family.. So we kind of decided that it would just be him and I so there were no "why wasn't I invited" kind of thing..

I was thinking same thing with dress.. So we could still go into the park and get pictures taken in our wedding attire.. I've read people used the dw photographers that are placed around the park to get the "professional" look.. But I like having the idea of during the wedding.. Kind of weird that the on hand photographer wouldn't take pics during the ceremony..

I laid it out for my family. I told them, "We're not compromising on a Disney wedding. If you want everyone to be there, then you have to help us pay for a Wishes wedding. Otherwise, we're eloping, none of the family will be there, and we can have a party when we get back." They were fine with that because it meant no one had to travel to Florida, which is hard on the elderly and the budget-concious people in the family.

Plan that at your own risk--if Disney deems your dress to be too wedding-y, they won't let you into the park. I was completely prepared to go back to the room and change, but no one said anything to me.

I don't remember if he took pics during the ceremony or not--if he did, we didn't choose to purchase any (which is probably what happened--John's pics were so good, we didn't need any additional ceremony pics). Either that, or our planner told him not to bother because someone else was taking the ceremony pictures.

Funny story about the weather. According to the news, Orlando was expecting rain, thunderstorms, strong winds, and possibly tornadoes on my wedding day.

Our ceremony was overcast, but after lunch, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. I still heard tornado warnings for the area, but none hit Disney World on my wedding day. I was actually thankful for the clouds because it meant I wasn't being blinded by the sun so I could see my husband's face during the ceremony and I wasn't squinting for pictures.

Here's a link to my photo album: http://imgur.com/a/mZfPb

Wonderful photos....isn't it great how sometimes WDW seems to be protected by the magical pixie dust weather bubble! Glad it all worked out for you. Thanks for sharing cheerbearsmiles!

Here's my ESTIMATED budget for my 25 person Escape wedding. I am getting married on December 4.

Ceremony: $5025 (est)
(includes extra 5 people and 2 rose wands)
Photography: $800 (final)
Food: $1500 BBQ at St. James Patio Boardwalk (est)
Beverage: $700 (est)
Cake: $450 (est)

Save the Dates: $15 (est)
Invites: $50 (est)

Dress: $125! (final)
Accessories: $50 (est)
Hair/Makeup: $200 (final)
Dress Steaming: ?

Welcome bags/favors: $150 (est)

ESTIMATEDtotal: $9365

I have a question for you, how did you have 25 people at your Escape wedding?! :confused3 My fiance and I are planning on doing an Escape Wedding but the limit is 20 including him and I. Please share how you did that! :thumbsup2

I have a question for you, how did you have 25 people at your Escape wedding?! :confused3 My fiance and I are planning on doing an Escape Wedding but the limit is 20 including him and I. Please share how you did that! :thumbsup2

A few years ago, you were allowed to pay an extra fee to add a few more guests. They don't allow that anymore. We had an adult-only ceremony and reception but our coordinator did allow us to have 2 extra people (husband's nephews) at our dessert party. We also included them at our welcome dinner and farewell breakfast.

A few years ago, you were allowed to pay an extra fee to add a few more guests. They don't allow that anymore. We had an adult-only ceremony and reception but our coordinator did allow us to have 2 extra people (husband's nephews) at our dessert party. We also included them at our welcome dinner and farewell breakfast.

Ohh, Okay! Thank you for answering me :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! :) My DF and I are planning our DFTW :love: and would like to an Escape wedding, is there anyone who can share their budget and their planning experience?! It would be extremely helpful! Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

Anyone have the email with the information of all the officiants and where to get the marriage licenses? I managed to delete the email and now is when I need it.. go figure.

Did you brides receive these breakdowns of cost after your Planning Date(Escape wedding 9 months before) or your booking Date(Escape Wedding 8 months before)?

Anyone have the email with the information of all the officiants and where to get the marriage licenses? I managed to delete the email and now is when I need it.. go figure.

I do. If you send me your e-mail, I would be more than happy to e-mail you the pdf.

Apparently I can't pm you cuz I don't have 10 posts.. This makes nine.. Lol

Lucky13citcat @ hotmail.com

Does anyone have a BEO for a 2014 Wishes wedding that they'd be willing to post? Preferably one with a dessert party attached and characters.

I had my planning session on 09/08/14, and I know I probably won't get my initial BEO until sometime next week or the following week. That said, since costs have gone up since the 2013 wedding prices...I am preparing for a heart attack. :) I just would like to see a semi-recent BEO, if anyone is willing to share, so that I can try to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks everyone! :)

Tiffiny

Hi Tiffany,

I posted my budget and BEO in my planning journal if you want to take a look at it. We don't have any characters but we are having the dapper dans.

Hi Tiffany,

I posted my budget and BEO in my planning journal if you want to take a look at it. We don't have any characters but we are having the dapper dans.

Thanks, Ginia! I can go look...but do you have a direct link? Searching for stuff on here is difficult sometimes.

BTW--I APPRECIATE YOU! :)

Does anyone have a BEO for a 2014 Wishes wedding that they'd be willing to post? Preferably one with a dessert party attached and characters.

I had my planning session on 09/08/14, and I know I probably won't get my initial BEO until sometime next week or the following week. That said, since costs have gone up since the 2013 wedding prices...I am preparing for a heart attack. :) I just would like to see a semi-recent BEO, if anyone is willing to share, so that I can try to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks everyone! :)

Tiffiny

I actually JUST posted the BEO for a December 2014 Wishes Wedding in my PJ...Included is a dessert party and 2 characters :)

Here is the link :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52298043#post52298043

I've been waitin' on my BEO...all the live long day!

The wait drives me absolutely crazy. So hard to pass the time away.

I wanna know what this'll cost me. What personal items I'll have to sell!

Words cannot express my anxiety! I need to know the cash I'll have to shell!

I've been waitin' on my BEO...all the live long day!

The wait drives me absolutely crazy. So hard to pass the time away.

I wanna know what this'll cost me. What personal items I'll have to sell!

Words cannot express my anxiety! I need to know the cash I'll have to shell!

I don't know if you meant for that to be sang, but I definitely sang it in my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter