Share your Black Friday finds!

Daniela Rose

Best. Day. Ever.
now that all the ads are out, what's everybody going for?

I need to make a list for what and where I'm even shopping for.

Right now all I have is a new firestick for 24.99 at either target or Best Buy.

- I have the joint kid (DD1, DD2, DS 1, DS 2) 32 inch tv (that my husband's parents are giving my kids) picked out from Best Buy - it's only $99, so that's cheap (but it fits the entertainment center we have, so not changing that:)...
- I have to find Skyrim for my DD2 (she scratched the Bluray she had, so it won't play).
- I have to find Cars 3 DVD (or Blu Ray) for my DS 2.
- I have to find a set of Christmas PJs for DS 1 and DS 2.
- I have to get Cheesecake Factory gift cards so I can gift the slices to DD 1 and DD 2.
- I will look at the T-Fal giant pan spouse is gifting me and see if it's cheaper then anywhere...if not, I'll buy it anyway:).
- I will look and see if RCCL is running any onboard cruise deals for booked cruises (tour prices, dinners, beverage packages) - if it's good enough, that might be my big gift from my spouse.

And that's it. I've actually done really well finding deals and gifts (and I only started Nov 1:)) - I'm done every extended family member and they are all shipped (10 nieces/nephews, 2 grandparents, 3 parents, and mom's best friend), and I've got my family about 70% done...I may pick up an extra DVD or 2 or some toiletry sets (if cheap), but nothing I have to get...

- I have the joint kid (DD1, DD2, DS 1, DS 2) 32 inch tv (that my husband's parents are giving my kids) picked out from Best Buy - it's only $99, so that's cheap (but it fits the entertainment center we have, so not changing that:)...
- I have to find Skyrim for my DD2 (she scratched the Bluray she had, so it won't play).
- I have to find Cars 3 DVD (or Blu Ray) for my DS 2.
- I have to find a set of Christmas PJs for DS 1 and DS 2.
- I have to get Cheesecake Factory gift cards so I can gift the slices to DD 1 and DD 2.
- I will look at the T-Fal giant pan spouse is gifting me and see if it's cheaper then anywhere...if not, I'll buy it anyway:).
- I will look and see if RCCL is running any onboard cruise deals for booked cruises (tour prices, dinners, beverage packages) - if it's good enough, that might be my big gift from my spouse.

And that's it. I've actually done really well finding deals and gifts (and I only started Nov 1:)) - I'm done every extended family member and they are all shipped (10 nieces/nephews, 2 grandparents, 3 parents, and mom's best friend), and I've got my family about 70% done...I may pick up an extra DVD or 2 or some toiletry sets (if cheap), but nothing I have to get...
Cars 3 will be on sale at Walmart for $5 on DVD and $7 on Blu Ray, should be available online as well as in stores, and Target will have their exclusive Blu Ray for $10 in store only.

Getting Apple Watch 3 at Kohl's for regular price ($329) but getting $90 Kohl's cash plus Kohl's Rewards (another $15). Also going through a portal and hopefully getting $5 in Kohl's cash for picking up in store. Using my Kohl's cash to buy dd converse and Nikes for Christmas.

I'm waiting on Gamestop and TRU to post their ads so I can check out video game deals. There is one on sale at Walmart that I'm getting but hoping to score a deal on the other one I want.
I'm getting a basketball hoop from Dick's Sporting Goods that is half off on BF
I'm getting the Fitbit Alta HR that is on sale. I will probably get that at Kohls along with some other things to get the Kohls cash.

Doing a bit of a different strategy this year.

In my opinion, the best ad I've seen so far is Petsmart.
Much of what we use is half price. Also have some coupons to stack with it.

Next best ad: Rite Aid
Several items free after plenti points. I go Thanksgiving morning, then use the Plenti points earned to have a mini BF shopping spree at Macys to redeem the points on Friday morning.

Next: CVS
Same types of items as Rite Aid, just churn the extra bucks.

Next: Meijer
Same idea as above, get some everyday items for half off. There are a few gifts to get in their ad, but it is not the highest priority stop.

We may do the buy $50 Friday, get 20% off at Target later.
Kohls has a couple of items.
Kroger has a few things also.

Still waiting for Menards and TRU ads to make final lists.

We can get Christmas shopping done AND get stocked up on some pet/everyday items at the same time. It's a win, win.

I've started my Black Friday shopping lists.

There are several DVD/Blu-Rays I want to get from Target.
My mom is going to buy me a new steam mop because mine broke, and Target is going to have that for a good price.
I have several things to get for gifts (pj's, throw blankets, etc) to get from Kohl's.
I am hoping Duluth has some deals because there are several people on my list I want to get things from there.

I'm waiting for Gamestop. My son wants a Nintendo Switch and I'm hoping they have some kind of bundle deal since no other store seems to have any kind of deal on them. My daughter wants those LOL surprise dolls/animals, I'll be lucky to even find them, let alone on sale!

I'm waiting for Gamestop. My son wants a Nintendo Switch and I'm hoping they have some kind of bundle deal since no other store seems to have any kind of deal on them. My daughter wants those LOL surprise dolls/animals, I'll be lucky to even find them, let alone on sale!
From what I'm reading the best case might be getting an extra game with the bundle for $380. The worst case is no deal at all or no inventory (not too likely). I got my son his bundle a few weeks ago. Went through top cash back and used my chase freedom at Walmart--at least that way I save about $60.

Getting Apple Watch 3 at Kohl's for regular price ($329) but getting $90 Kohl's cash plus Kohl's Rewards (another $15). Also going through a portal and hopefully getting $5 in Kohl's cash for picking up in store. Using my Kohl's cash to buy dd converse and Nikes for Christmas.

If you are ordering online, link to Kohls with Ebates for an additional rebate from the them. Currently the rebate for Kohls is 3% but I've seen it go much higher during the holidays.

So far I’ve found what I’m looking for at or better prices. I’m just about done with younger kids bday (Nov. 30th) and Christmas for older DD. I’m just feeling a couple things out for the younger two before I commit to final purchases for them.

Only thing for sure is the buy 1 get 1 30% off iTunes gift cards. Will do two transactions of $25+$25 with stocking stuffers to fill in for the 20% off coupons. Will use the coupons to stock up on household supplies.

On the fence about the PS4 + games as a family gift. They’re getting a Switch for their bday and I just don’t know if I want everything to be about video games. (If I’m honest I want the PS4 for ME :rotfl:)

I’m intrigued by Best Buy’s sale on the iPad Pro 9.7. This year my plan had been to upgrade the kids Minis mostly because of capacity but we decided to go with new TVs instead. We’ll have to see what actual prices come to but will probably just wait until next year.

I guess when your t.v. screen goes green and shuts off or when you turn it on the picture is distorted, it's time to get another one....But besides that just looking for a good vacation deal.

If you are ordering online, link to Kohls with Ebates for an additional rebate from the them. Currently the rebate for Kohls is 3% but I've seen it go much higher during the holidays.
Yes, thanks. Last year it was 8%. I am paying with a few gift cards so I may or may not get ebates. I also want to order on the 20th because I really want my Apple Watch (late birthday present to myself) but I'm thinking ebates may go higher next Thursday or Friday???

now that all the ads are out, what's everybody going for?

I need to make a list for what and where I'm even shopping for.

Right now all I have is a new firestick for 24.99 at either target or Best Buy.
Glad I saw this .. I've been holding out on the Firestick since it came out because I was sure it would be cheaper at some point. I already have a Firestick 1.0 but I hate having to move it from room to room. And it's a bit slow. But it's not $40 slow lol. It's definitely $25 slow. :)

I guess when your t.v. screen goes green and shuts off or when you turn it on the picture is distorted, it's time to get another one....But besides that just looking for a good vacation deal.
Sure it’s not your HDMI cable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts