Shanghai Park Ticket Query

DramaGeek

Earning My Ears
We are planning on buying our 2 day park tickets when we check in at the Toy Story hotel and using them the day of check in and the next.

I'm not missing any loopholes where this would not be possible for us to do am I?

Also I assume Toy Story hotel guests have guaranteed park admission even if they don't buy tickets until they get there?

Thanks!

Hi, on their website at https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/help/hotels/ it says:

Choose from the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel or Toy Story Hotel, which feature such offerings as:
  • Exemplary service
  • Guaranteed theme park admission ...
So relying on that, I waited until we got to the Toy Story Hotel. When we went last month, during Easter when it was busier than normal (though nowhere near as bad as their public holidays), we had no problems getting our tickets and priority fastpasses when we checked in. I'd just say make sure you've thought about what you want to fastpass and what time because they do them right there and then.

You're gonna have a great time.

We are planning on buying our 2 day park tickets when we check in at the Toy Story hotel and using them the day of check in and the next.

I'm not missing any loopholes where this would not be possible for us to do am I?

Also I assume Toy Story hotel guests have guaranteed park admission even if they don't buy tickets until they get there?

Thanks!

Yes, waiting till you get to the hotel and purchasing through the hotel concierge is best. You will also be allowed to book an additional fast pass for each day doing it this way.

Hi, on their website at https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/help/hotels/ it says:

Choose from the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel or Toy Story Hotel, which feature such offerings as:
  • Exemplary service
  • Guaranteed theme park admission ...
So relying on that, I waited until we got to the Toy Story Hotel. When we went last month, during Easter when it was busier than normal (though nowhere near as bad as their public holidays), we had no problems getting our tickets and priority fastpasses when we checked in. I'd just say make sure you've thought about what you want to fastpass and what time because they do them right there and then.

You're gonna have a great time.

Thanks heaps!

The early entry into the park is the best benefit of staying at one of the hotels. We went to the park on three days and used the early entry for each day. The official park opening was at 8:30 AM and we were allowed in around 7:15 AM. That extra hour lets you get a good number of the big rides done before the park fills up and you need your fast passes. We used the extra fast pass from staying at the hotel and scheduled our first park fast pass as soon as we got inside. That gave us an hour and two fast passes head start on standard admission folks.

Yep, just returned and we bought our 2 day tix when we got there (though they were for the next day as we arrived at night). Should have no problem. Also got our extra fast pass and got into the park early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!