Shanghai Disneyland Hotel vs Toy Story Hotel

Adit Wijan

Earning My Ears
I will be spending two nights at Shanghai Disneyland and am deciding between the Toy Story Hotel or the Disneyland Hotel. I am most interested in comfort and access to the parks. I will be spending very little time in the hotel. And i read review in web, disneyland hotel is not as good as its price tag.
For those that already experience those hotels, need your help to decide.
Thanks

If you only use the hotel for sleeping, Toy Story Hotel is fine. The only drawback is the queue for the first shuttle bus in the morning can be long and you might miss that first bus if you're not early.

Disneyland Hotel is good if you want to spend time walking in its garden and surrounding area. It is possibly the most beautiful Disney hotel in the world.

Dear Indoshakespeare thank you for your answer.
Just curious, for queue the first shuttle bus in shanghai disneyland hotel is short? so i dont need to come early as in toy story hotel.
If i stay in toy story hotel, what time is your suggestion I need to be ready in queing line to get the 1st shuttle?

I stayed at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel, opening time 8.30 with 7.15 early entry. The first shuttle bus arrived at 6:55. People start to Queue at around 6.45. It was still empty before 6.45.

Queue.JPG

The picture above was taken at Toy Story Hotel at 7.33 so I actually didn't know how long it was at 7 o'clock but at 7.33, it was very long. The queue went all the way behind the yellow wall. I think I would start queuing at 6.30 for the 7 o'clock shuttle.

I stayed at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel, opening time 8.30 with 7.15 early entry. The first shuttle bus arrived at 6:55. People start to Queue at around 6.45. It was still empty before 6.45.

View attachment 448252

The picture above was taken at Toy Story Hotel at 7.33 so I actually didn't know how long it was at 7 o'clock but at 7.33, it was very long. The queue went all the way behind the yellow wall. I think I would start queuing at 6.30 for the 7 o'clock shuttle.
We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel this past month (September 28-30). Having the ferry nearby came in handy for mid day and evening travel from the hotel to Disneytown and the park and back. The shuttle doesn't run during early entry. We didn't have any issue with the shuttle line, and it was very convenient. They had a small food cart next to the shuttle line for a light breakfast-- on our second morning we went on the first shuttle and went to the Starbucks for coffee and bfast as they were one of the few places open at 7. I never went over to the Toy Story hotel so cannot compare. We didn't like the Disneyland hotel restaurant options so ate largely in Disneytown (including the Cheesecake Factory-- by then, after a long tour in China, we were happy to have more Western/vegetarian food options). A short cab ride away is a large outdoor mall with excellent restaurant choices and high end shops and Western toilets.

T

View attachment 448252

Thanks

I stayed at the Disneyland hotel last November - I thought it was perfectly fine and comfortable but I don’t think it was a particularly stand out hotel generally. I remember the Toy Story resort was less expensive - I just decided I wasn’t into so much theming for that trip (I was by myself).

I also have to laugh because I did the same thing as one of the previous posters - I had been in China for a couple weeks at that point and was SO excited to see the cheesecake factory and eat lunch there. I ordered way too many things on the menu 🤣🤣🤣

I stayed at the Toy Story Hotel in 2017 and it was perfect for our needs. We also didn’t spend much time in the hotel and thought that the theme was cute.

We walked to the park each day. I don’t remember exactly how long it took, but maybe it was a 10 minute walk? The CMs seemed to be surprised that we wanted to walk there, and encouraged us to use the bus, but it was an easy walk.

also have to laugh because I did the same thing as one of the previous posters - I had been in China for a couple weeks at that point and was SO excited to see the cheesecake factory and eat lunch there. I ordered way too many things on the menu 🤣🤣🤣

My ex-pat friends were also very excited to eat at the Cheesecake Factory 😂. That also reminds me of the time that I met my sister (who was working in Beijing at the time) at the Beijing airport to continue on to Thailand, and she insisted that we eat at the Pizza Hut. At the time I had never been to China before and really wanted Chinese food hahaha. Granted the airport may not have been the best place to get it anyway.

I just stayed at the Toy Story Hotel 2 weeks ago. My wife and I were up so early the morning that we were going to the park.

i know for the first bus didn’t leave till 7:35. I knew from other post that they let people into the park at 7:45. Which they did, the day we were there. My wife and I walked the simple 10 minute walk to Disney town, arrived there at 7:20, and were the first one at the gates. Matter of fact, there are four gate entrances there. my wife was the first one in the park, since I was carrying the bag. We were on the Tron and off by 7:55.

one thing to keep in mind, the way the hotel is laid out. Our room Was by the main entrance gate. We went out a fire exit door that was by our room, it saved time vs going through the lobby. We cut across the taxi parking lot, instead of going to the bridge.

Toy Story Hotel is a really nice hotel for the price, really a great bargain. I never had any issues with the shuttle bus but I was usually one of the first in the line in the mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter