Shanghai Disney Hotels credit card pre-auth FYI

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
When we checked into our pre-paid room at the Toy Story Hotel, they did a pre-authorization on our credit card for ¥5000 (about £575 or $750 USD). That's the highest pre-auth I've been charged at a hotel. It's not a big deal, but they explained at it as being "for breakfast." I'm not sure how much they think we eat... Lol :p

Good point! I would have forgotten to mention this in my TR. They didn't say anything about it being for breakfast to me - I just assumed it was to cover damages/stolen linen etc. But yes, it is rather a large amount.

Interestingly enough, there was no pre-authorisation at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. This would make sense if it really was 'for breakfast', because I was staying club level and breakfast was included ;)

Honestly though, I'm not quite sure why it would be for breakfast - it's not like you can take anything from the room for breakfast, and if you eat at Sunnyside Café you pay while you're there :confused3

Do you have any photos of the lounge or could you list the food offerings for the Concierge Level at the hotel?

Do you have any photos of the lounge or could you list the food offerings for the Concierge Level at the hotel?

I'll be uploading them to my TR in due course, but in the meantime...

Here's the lounge mid-late afternoon. There was a huge variety of food on offer - western, Chinese, sweet, savoury... too much to list everything individually. A fairly well stocked looking bar area too.

And here it is in the morning. Once again, there was a huge variety of breakfast foods available - a salad bar with fresh fruit and veggies, deli meats etc, juices, hot food offerings like sausages and bacon, DUMPLINGS!!!, pastries, Mickey waffle bar with plenty of toppings on offer. I don't think there were any eggs in the buffet, but there was a menu on each table for things like omelettes and other eggy dishes (you can kind of see it in the photo below). It was quite busy in the morning so I felt a bit awkward about taking heaps of photos.

Ah great we are staying club level too in September and I've been dying for photos of the buffets and info about what kinda food they have! Do you have any info about the special character meets on club level as promised on the website? Thank you!

Ah great we are staying club level too in September and I've been dying for photos of the buffets and info about what kinda food they have! Do you have any info about the special character meets on club level as promised on the website? Thank you!

I never heard of any character meets! Maybe they weren't happening that early on in the piece.

I just went on the website to see if I could find what you were referring to. Is this it?

Special Members-only benefits like:
  • Disney Character experiences
  • Bedtime stories with Disney Friends
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • And lots more!
I didn't see anything about any of those 3 things, and not sure what the 'upgraded bathroom amenities' are that they speak of.

I never heard of any character meets! Maybe they weren't happening that early on in the piece.

I just went on the website to see if I could find what you were referring to. Is this it?

Special Members-only benefits like:
  • Disney Character experiences
  • Bedtime stories with Disney Friends
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • And lots more!
I didn't see anything about any of those 3 things, and not sure what the 'upgraded bathroom amenities' are that they speak of.
Yes this is what I was referring too. The upgraded bathroom amenities I can find on the website are just a bath rug lol but so far I have not seen one picture of the bathrooms in the hotel rooms, only pictures of the beds - so if you have any feel free to share :D
And I will make sure to ask about the character stuff at check in...

Yes this is what I was referring too. The upgraded bathroom amenities I can find on the website are just a bath rug lol but so far I have not seen one picture of the bathrooms in the hotel rooms, only pictures of the beds - so if you have any feel free to share :D
And I will make sure to ask about the character stuff at check in...

This is the only one I took.

It's possible that there were still some teething issues when I was there - they certainly seemed run off their feet trying to juggle the VIPs from the previous night who were overstaying their welcome and the guests trying to check in that day. But if you've got your heart set on any of those extras, I would definitely ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!