Shanghai Disney - Free Buttons?

Agent 86

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Shanghai Disney offers the free buttons, for example, the "First Visit" and "Happy Birthday" / "I'm Celebrating" buttons?

Or, are they like Tokyo Disney, and don't offer buttons (although I think Tokyo Disney has started selling the buttons).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I didn't get any free buttons when I was at Shanghai. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and the decorated the room with balloons. But no buttons.
It was also our first visit....no buttons.

FWIW. Hong Kong Disneyland do offer buttons.

I didn't get any free buttons when I was at Shanghai. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and the decorated the room with balloons. But no buttons.
It was also our first visit....no buttons.

FWIW. Hong Kong Disneyland do offer buttons.

I think AussieWendy got a button on her last day - could have been a 'First Visit' button. Or maybe I'm confusing her with someone from HK... lol!

@Agent 86 - Sorry for the wrong info in my previous post. I'm still unpacking my pictures from Shanghai Disneyland.....but look what I found in my pictures today!!!

Yes, Shanghai Disneyland DOES provide free buttons. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and they had these buttons on the bed when we checked in. Looks like there are "I'm celebrating" and "Happy Birthday" buttons!

My apologies again. Happy collecting!

Yes I got a button as a First Visit but only when we checked into our one night at the Disneyland Hotel. We didn't get offered one at Toy Story but you could ask. I was about to correct you PIO as I remembered your Mum's buttons!

I asked a cast member when I was there and they said that the 'first visit' free button was only for the people who were there on the opening day. He did say that you can claim birthday buttons at the customer service booth.

I asked a cast member when I was there and they said that the 'first visit' free button was only for the people who were there on the opening day. He did say that you can claim birthday buttons at the customer service booth.

I suspect that CM may have misunderstood you and thought you were asking for 'first day' buttons, which they did hand out to everyone who attended Opening Day and for a while afterwards (I got one on each of the first 3 days). I did not receive a 'first visit' button on my Opening Day trip, but my friend did on our recent visit to Shanghai.

I suspect that CM may have misunderstood you and thought you were asking for 'first day' buttons, which they did hand out to everyone who attended Opening Day and for a while afterwards (I got one on each of the first 3 days). I did not receive a 'first visit' button on my Opening Day trip, but my friend did on our recent visit to Shanghai.

That's possible I guess, I'll ask again next time I go since it doesn't hurt. Of course by then it'll be my 5th visit, hopefully that doesn't matter too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter