Shampoo situation at POR

Mickey'sMainMami

<font color=red>I love playing video games!!<br><f
I am trying to pack minimally for our August Trip and I hate packing large bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I pack them in zip lock bags but they somehow always leak and it's just a pain. I know they were changing to those wall mounted dispensers which is fine because it seems like it will hold enough for the 3 of us for the 8 days. For POR Royal Rooms, does anyone know if they have those in there or if you still get the small individual bottles? 1 small bottle of shampoo and cond that they give you every day will not be enough for the 3 of us, I have very thick hair as does my DD. I know you can request more, but I can just bring my own to save them the trouble. I just know in August we will probably all be showering 2 times a day cuz it will be so hot and just wanted to know the situation with that there. Thank you for any replies! :)

Last edited:
Riverside should have the wall mounts, I think they were one of the first resorts to get switched to it. I don't think they have family suites though, just regular rooms.

I've read on here that some rooms still have the small bottles but most have the wall mount. I always request more and housekeeping will usually drop it off or I ask when I am in the lobby and get a few more bottles. Me and my two daughters all have very long, thick hair too so I completely understand amounts used. I always laugh at those travel size bottles, I need two of those per day just for me. LOL!! I haven't stayed in a room yet with wall mounted toiletries, we'll be at POR in November and so I will have to report back on experience. Even the wall mounts look small.

You can look on the Riverside thread. I think they are in the process, but not all rooms are done. I also don’t want to weigh down luggage with shampoo and conditioner so I always request more from the hotel. You aren’t bothering them, it’s their job! Just let them know how many you need per day.

Great thank you. I might just bring some small travel bottles of pantene that I have from past trips and just use the shampoo they provide. My DH always tells me I pack too much and I do, so this time going light as possible. Not even packing the hair dryer and just going to use theirs. Why is it when you go on vacation you feel the need to bring EVERYTHING lol because you MIGHT need it. Like yes, I don't want to pay resort prices if I forget something but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to lol.

I was at POR in a Royal Room (Oak Manor) this weekend and the shampoo was mounted in the large multi use bottle in the shower. It was the green stuff (Sea salt scent maybe?) that they used to give out in the individual bottles. I brought my own just in case but actually never used it. I used all the stuff in the shower except I brought my own face wash.

I am trying to pack minimally for our August Trip and I hate packing large bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I pack them in zip lock bags but they somehow always leak and it's just a pain. I know they were changing to those wall mounted dispensers which is fine because it seems like it will hold enough for the 3 of us for the 8 days. For POR Family suites, does anyone know if they have those in there or if you still get the small individual bottles? 1 small bottle of shampoo and cond that they give you every day will not be enough for the 3 of us, I have very thick hair as does my DD. I know you can request more, but I can just bring my own to save them the trouble. I just know in August we will probably all be showering 2 times a day cuz it will be so hot and just wanted to know the situation with that there. Thank you for any replies! :)
POR doesn't have suites, they are all regular resort rooms.

Sorry, idk why I wrote family suites lol, I meant the Royal Rooms! Lol have no idea why I even mixed them up or what I was even thinking. Thanks for letting me know!

I was at POR in a Royal Room (Oak Manor) this weekend and the shampoo was mounted in the large multi use bottle in the shower. It was the green stuff (Sea salt scent maybe?) that they used to give out in the individual bottles. I brought my own just in case but actually never used it. I used all the stuff in the shower except I brought my own face wash.

Thank you, yes that is the rooms we are staying in as well, are they as beautiful as they look online? Our 9 year old is so excited, we leave in 29 days, can't wait! And thank you, one less thing I have to pack!

We stayed in a Royal room in the Parterre building last December, and it was wall mount then.

I am trying to pack minimally for our August Trip and I hate packing large bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I pack them in zip lock bags but they somehow always leak and it's just a pain. I know they were changing to those wall mounted dispensers which is fine because it seems like it will hold enough for the 3 of us for the 8 days. For POR Royal Rooms, does anyone know if they have those in there or if you still get the small individual bottles? 1 small bottle of shampoo and cond that they give you every day will not be enough for the 3 of us, I have very thick hair as does my DD. I know you can request more, but I can just bring my own to save them the trouble. I just know in August we will probably all be showering 2 times a day cuz it will be so hot and just wanted to know the situation with that there. Thank you for any replies! :)
I recently traveled to Hawaii and had several larger bottles of shampoo, suntan lotion, contact lens solution etc. in my checked luggage. I read where placing a small piece of saran wrap on the opening of the bottle and then putting the cap back on top of it would keep liquids from spilling out. It worked perfectly! I still put the bottles in large zip locks just in case but nothing leaked. Good luck!

Thank you, yes that is the rooms we are staying in as well, are they as beautiful as they look online? Our 9 year old is so excited, we leave in 29 days, can't wait! And thank you, one less thing I have to pack!
Yes, they are super cute! I even loved playing with the headboard lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter