shampoo question

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
We are a family of 5 staying in a 2 bedroom at AKL for 5 days on rented points. I understand housekeeping will come only on the 4th day. Will I need to bring shampoo or is what they supply enough for 5 people, 4 days? It's going to be hot so I suspect there'll be showers everyday

I always bring my own so as not to worry about having enough. DH uses the hotel supply, and there doesn't seem to be much if any extra by the time it's replenished, so for a family of 5 I think you probably should bring your own.

It depends on the towel and trash service. There are 3 full baths at Kidani, and if all are renewed, you could be OK. We had excellent towel and trash service at SSR earlier this month. Even the jacuzzi area got the full compliment of toiletries. Actually the same happened to us last week at HHI. Maybe due to heat, they have been more generous.

You will have shampoo and conditioner in all three bathrooms. It really depends on how much shampoo each person uses. If you have a teenager with long hair, or someone in the family washes their hair twice a day, you may not have enough shampoo. With that many in your family I would probably a small bottle of shampoo.

OP typed AKL, not AKV. Granted, all DVC would be considered AKV, but when people mention the lodge, they tend to be talking about Jambo. And Jambo two-bedrooms only have two bathrooms.

We are a family of 5 staying in a 2 bedroom at AKL for 5 days on rented points. I understand housekeeping will come only on the 4th day. Will I need to bring shampoo or is what they supply enough for 5 people, 4 days? It's going to be hot so I suspect there'll be showers everyday
You should have plenty. You could also request to change your T & T day to earlier and i would in your situation as I likely will for my 4 nights stay at BLT in the fall.

I'm an older person with shoulder length hair, and I use almost the whole little bottle of shampoo and conditioner when I wash my hair in Disney. I sometimes wash it twice if it's really hot or if I've been in the pool. I would bring at least one bottle of shampoo and conditioner to share amongst the family. Or you can pay housekeeping for additional little bottles. Or if you are having a grocery delivery, I'm sure shampoo is on their list.

Enjoy your trip! AKV is like it's own resort, away from the crazy stuff.

I'm an older person with shoulder length hair, and I use almost the whole little bottle of shampoo and conditioner when I wash my hair in Disney. I sometimes wash it twice if it's really hot or if I've been in the pool. I would bring at least one bottle of shampoo and conditioner to share amongst the family. Or you can pay housekeeping for additional little bottles. Or if you are having a grocery delivery, I'm sure shampoo is on their list.

Enjoy your trip! AKV is like it's own resort, away from the crazy stuff.
When our 4 children were teenagers I also brought a full bar of soap for each bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!