Shampoo, conditioner ... Dispensers?

Agree with the other posters. Dispensers are a problem on the Wonder. You can only fit one dispenser on the little metal soap rack where you put the bar soap. Huge pain trying to juggle three large dispensers (shampoo, conditioner and body wash) in the shower. Just ended up using our own shampoo. Also agree, they are not hygienic. There is just a little silver sticker that comes right off. Disney needs to install a sealed dispenser on the wall of the shower/tub.

I agree that the size of the containers were a problem on the Wonder. The shelf in the shower isn't big enough for all 3. I didn't have a problem with the dispensers themselves, just that there isn't a place in the shower to set all 3.

I agree that the size of the containers were a problem on the Wonder. The shelf in the shower isn't big enough for all 3. I didn't have a problem with the dispensers themselves, just that there isn't a place in the shower to set all 3.
I saw a post on Facebook that indicates a larger shelf was installed during last week's sailing.

Not if we like the changes. :-)

Emailing to let them know you like something would be a good reason to email DCL Help Center. :)

In my email, I suggested there be an option to opt “in” to have the paper navigator left in staterooms each evening instead of getting one at Guest Services and/or asking the room attendant. The default could be no paper navigator but those who want paper could ask for it.

On the Fantasy last week. Toiletries haven’t changed yet. No regular delivery of paper navigators, but we asked at Guest Services on day one and they arranged for our stateroom attendant to deliver us one each night.

I was on the Fantasy last week too and they had changed to dispensers in our room on deck 7. I liked the change, since we don't take home the small bottles anyway. Frankly, I don't get the excitement over the H20 products - My wife and I find the regular products I buy at the store to be better. So the change was nice, since it was easier to use the products from the dispensers.

I thought I would miss the paper navigators, but I didn't. The app was great once I learned my way around. I loved the filter feature. Since we were traveling with teens and had no interest in character meets, it was great to filter out that stuff and see what interested us for the day. I loved that I could "heart" the stuff we wanted to do, easily view the list, and also get a pop up reminder 15 minutes before my events started. I also loved that I could look ahead at the entire week. And you can view each night's menu ahead of time so that you have an idea of what you want to order before dinner and more time for chatting. Very happy with the app, which I didn't expect.

I kind of laughed when the OP said their friend just got off the Dream and was "very upset" over the navigators and shampoo. Maybe the friend has cruised too much if that is what they took away from the cruise. I sit here at work and think about was an amazing vacation it was last week and how darn grateful I am to be able to afford such luxuries in life. I get that expectations are high for the money spent, but these seem like trivial things in the big picture, especially when an easy trip to guest services gets you the paper navigator back. But I suspect the friend has done many cruises and forgets what a true luxury vacation it is, and how many people in the world only dream of such vacations.

I get it. I was all worked up over Aladin being gone on our cruise, but reality set in when I got there and I realized that it would be ridiculous to let one small change affect such an amazing experience. I hardly missed it in the end. I would love to be back on the Fantasy right now!

Last edited:

Not to start a 'that's not sanitary' war, but we're just off the Dream and as I was cruising down the hallways one afternoon I snapped a picture of part of the refill procedure, hint, its pretty basic. Personally, I've got no problem using the pumps (well, except that the nozzle fell off the body wash during a shower and I had to engineer it back together) but I know some people will have their own reasons why this bothers them.

Also, it may save plastic, but I don't think its going to save product. Our room (4 people) went through an entire bottle of the body wash on a 4 night trip.

bottles.jpg

Not to start a 'that's not sanitary' war, but we're just off the Dream and as I was cruising down the hallways one afternoon I snapped a picture of part of the refill procedure, hint, its pretty basic. Personally, I've got no problem using the pumps (well, except that the nozzle fell off the body wash during a shower and I had to engineer it back together) but I know some people will have their own reasons why this bothers them.

Also, it may save plastic, but I don't think its going to save product. Our room (4 people) went through an entire bottle of the body wash on a 4 night trip.

bottles.jpg
Eeewww!

I feel bad for the stateroom hosts having to fill and refill all those bottles. And it’s next to impossible to do without some sort of drip that then needs to be cleaned up. With a towel, that now needs to be washed.

Early on, DCL said that the bottles were being sanitized. This picture suggests that what they meant was “wiped down”, ie, still a breeding ground for bacteria inside. Gross. Thanks for sharing, I think I’ll pack my own.

It could also be that they are sprayed down with a disinfectant as well. Not saying I saw any evidence of that, nor did I ask, but it could happen.

I guess it just doesn't bother me as I work in a field where I'm constantly exposed to situations that most people would consider 'gross', so my bar of cleanliness, is fairly low.

Now, if there was some kind of ick hanging off a bottle I'd probably look twice, but as long as its not visible, game on.

bottles.jpg
This is gross, and cheap, and disappointing given what we pay to cruise on DCL.

Last edited:
I kind of laughed when the OP said their friend just got off the Dream and was "very upset" over the navigators and shampoo. Maybe the friend has cruised too much if that is what they took away from the cruise. I sit here at work and think about was an amazing vacation it was last week and how darn grateful I am to be able to afford such luxuries in life. I get that expectations are high for the money spent, but these seem like trivial things in the big picture, especially when an easy trip to guest services gets you the paper navigator back. But I suspect the friend has done many cruises and forgets what a true luxury vacation it is, and how many people in the world only dream of such vacations.
Someone's feeling a little superior...:littleangel:

I think Disney is shooting themselves in the foot for a couple of reasons:
  1. First off, many people will be grossed out by the prospect of multi-use toiletries. And while it may be "green," it feels cheap, especially when you consider how much a DCL cruise costs.
  2. One of the main reasons that hotels and cruise lines have always provided fancy toiletries with their corporate name on them is to have people take them home with them, be reminded of the hotel/ship at home, and then hopefully book another trip! Smells have a way of triggering memories, and toiletries are a relatively cheap way to accomplish this and to entice people to return. I know it worked on us, especially after our first WDW visit and DCL cruise (which was even more effective when they had different products in the hotels and on the ships). Look at how much Disney spends on advertising. Why would they abandon another way to market themselves? All that is lost with multi-use toiletries that you can't take home with you.

This is gross, and cheap, and disappointing given what we pay to cruise on DCL.

I agree. I'm all for helping the environment, but the cynic in me is noticing that Disney tends to use this as an excuse to save a bit of money and take away some services. I'm not one who takes loads of this stuff off the ship, but I would really prefer to receive my own, fresh, clean items.

What about the hand cream? I love being able to have that in my bag when we go on excursions. Do you still get those?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter