Shady loop?

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
Which loop would you say has more shade 100 or 200? We'd like to be closer to the marina when thinking about a request (which I know is not a guarantee) which would be better for shade in August? 32'tt if that makes any difference

I'd say they are pretty close to the same as far as shade. There might be sites that are better over others.

The 400 loop on the other side of Big Pine Drive favorite for one of our regulars. He prefers it because he claims that a select class of the local inhabitants are more "ACTIVE" so my vote goes to the 400 loop as being the SHADIEST!

If you held a gun to my head, I would say 200 is more shady than 100.

But it is VERY site specific. It depends on which side of the loop road you are on (east or west), very local vegitation, etc.

August is a HOT, sunny time so I would take a shady spot most-of-day before I would care about location (100-vs-200). It makes about 60 seconds difference in walking length (100-vs-200) but your AC can give you a chilled interior MUCH easier when you return IF you have a shady site.

Length of TT is no factor IMO.

That's my opininon - it's worth what you paid for it. I have never BEEN to WDW in June-July-August because I used to live in South Florida (back in the day) down around West Palm Beach) so I understand Central/South FL in Summer. You can manage it if you can take mid-day breaks from the parks (we boat to MK and drive to the rest) and avoid the hot/wet parts of the day.

Bama Ed

I dunno....there is a certain charm I see when looking at that part of my floor space taken up with the sopping wet shoes from summer afternoon monsoons....

I dunno....there is a certain charm I see when looking at that part of my floor space taken up with the sopping wet shoes from summer afternoon monsoons....

Not sure the word "charm" is what I would use, but that did lead to us buying a rubber tray to keep in the camper to put the shoes on when they were soaking wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter