SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I was able to link my SOG reservation and tickets to MDE. Still shows 30 days FP+ only. Has anyone had any success with the 60 days out?

Does SoG really take luggage back to airport for guests? I read a few sentences about it- with convenience of printing boarding passes.

I’m flying Southwest. Is this a participating airline?

Hi! We're booked in June and haven't stayed at SOG since magic bands and MDE was launched. I'm super confused about how to go about getting fast passes?! Can anyone help? I know we won't be able to do anything yet just want to be prepared when the window opens ☺️

You will get an email from SOG that includes an order form and ticket prices well in advance of your 60 day window. You complete and return the form and SOG emails you copies of your tickets that you can scan or manually enter into MDE. Then you’re able to make selections when your 60 window opens.
You will get hard tickets when you check in. You will not get magic bands, but if you already have magic bands linked to you in MDE you can use them in the parks.

You will get an email from SOG that includes an order form and ticket prices well in advance of your 60 day window. You complete and return the form and SOG emails you copies of your tickets that you can scan or manually enter into MDE. Then you’re able to make selections when your 60 window opens. You will get hard tickets when you check in. You will not get magic bands, but if you already have magic bands linked to you in MDE you can use them in the parks.

Last year I got my email just prior to the 60 day mark, however someone else posted that due to being eligible for 60-day FP reservations that Shades is now sending out at the 120 day mark. I have a trip in August so in about 6 weeks I'll be at the 120 day mark and will post if I do get it at that time.

But even when it was just before the 60 day mark, I submitted my order right away and they emailed me scans of my tickets within a day or two so there would have been no issue making 60-day FP reservations.

You need to enter your reservation in MDE and link your tickets for the 60 day window to open. I had to call SoG for a reservation number with SB in the middle. Then I had to call Disney because MDE would not let me enter the last digit. I was told to log in on a full computer for the resi number to work; I did not verify. I also called SoG ticket hotline and placed my order on my own timeline.

Just wondering who people prefer to use for airport transfers to/from SOG? I have a solo trip planned for May—so Im a little more safety conscious. I dont think Id feel comfortable with an Uber. I checked one company and they wanted to pick me up at 430am for an 830am flight!! Crazy!!

Just wondering who people prefer to use for airport transfers to/from SOG? I have a solo trip planned for May—so Im a little more safety conscious. I dont think Id feel comfortable with an Uber. I checked one company and they wanted to pick me up at 430am for an 830am flight!! Crazy!!

We used Sunstate Transportation which is the same company that is advertised on the Shades of Green site. We were a group of six so it worked out to be very responsible. I think their cheapest version was about 120 round trip for a standard town car. Our was 160 since we needed a larger vehicle. You get a discount if you click on the link on the Shades site. They will work with you on pickup time but they usually try to make pickup about 2 hours before flight time since it is half an hour away from airport and Orlando is a big airport. If you are flying international they might want to make it longer. They don’t want to be the reason you miss a flight.

We used Sunstate Transportation which is the same company that is advertised on the Shades of Green site. We were a group of six so it worked out to be very responsible. I think their cheapest version was about 120 round trip for a standard town car. Our was 160 since we needed a larger vehicle. You get a discount if you click on the link on the Shades site. They will work with you on pickup time but they usually try to make pickup about 2 hours before flight time since it is half an hour away from airport and Orlando is a big airport. If you are flying international they might want to make it longer. They don’t want to be the reason you miss a flight.

Thank you. I thought there was a link but I was having trouble finding it(using my ipad)—so I thought they had deleted it. Your reply made me go looking again & I found it. $120 round trip for myself. I booked it but would have preferred that they include resort pick up time—hopefully not before 530am!! :)

I finally booked a SOG stay for December 8-14. This will be our first time at SOG. We live in SoCal, so we've been to Disneyland many times, by husband and son have never been to Disney World. I'm so excited to start planning!

Has anyone had to postpone a SOG trip within their 30 day cancellation time? There's a possibility we won't be able to go due to an injury and I'm just wondering if they still keep the one night deposit if you postpone rather than cancel?

Not sure. I had to cancel two rooms within the 30 days and they refunded one of the two deposits, but kept the one deposit. I would call them, I'm thinking if you postpone they would be willing to move the deposit. Just explain the situation.

Has anyone had to postpone a SOG trip within their 30 day cancellation time? There's a possibility we won't be able to go due to an injury and I'm just wondering if they still keep the one night deposit if you postpone rather than cancel?
I had to cancel a room in dec 2016 due to an injury and the phone rep told me that if I reschedule I wouldn’t lose the deposit. I didn’t take advantage of it because I had trip insurance and wasn’t sure when I would reschedule for.

I was hoping you'd get a few more suggestions. We used Sunstate last October and, well..... looking for another suggestion.

Yes, I have in 2006. My brother died and I called SoG from the road and explained we were suppose to arrive for a weekend stay but instead were driving to SC. They were awesome. The only thing is I had to choose new dates right then and there during the call to avoid any penalty. Since we live in Tampa, choosing new dates wasn't too hard.

If you have to call to postpone, I suggest having a couple dates prepared in case your first set of dates is not available. Better yet, look at availability online before calling to help determine dates.

Yes, I have in 2006. My brother died and I called SoG from the road and explained we were suppose to arrive for a weekend stay but instead were driving to SC. They were awesome. The only thing is I had to choose new dates right then and there during the call to avoid any penalty. Since we live in Tampa, choosing new dates wasn't too hard.

If you have to call to postpone, I suggest having a couple dates prepared in case your first set of dates is not available. Better yet, look at availability online before calling to help determine dates.
Oh how awful. I'm so sorry. However I am glad to hear SOG was helpful. They are always very nice on the phone and when we stayed there last trip.

Does SoG really check luggage back to airport for guests? I read a few sentences about it- with convenience of printing boarding passes.

I’m flying Southwest. Is this a participating airline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter