SF / BSM 60th Anniversary trip July 2015 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Here is a picture of some of the offerings:
Meat by jalves_02360, on Flickr

In the upper section is a mini-baguette from the Acme Bread Company, a round of the spectacular Cow Girl Creamery Mt. Tam goat cheese, and some olives. In the lower section is an assortment of meats from Bocalone, who's motto is "Tasty Salted Pig Parts". They certainly were!

Here is a picture of some of the offerings:
Meat by jalves_02360, on Flickr

In the upper section is a mini-baguette from the Acme Bread Company, a round of the spectacular Cow Girl Creamery Mt. Tam goat cheese, and some olives. In the lower section is an assortment of meats from Bocalone, who's motto is "Tasty Salted Pig Parts". They certainly were!

This looks incredible! Yummy!

This looks incredible! Yummy!

Oh it was! Feel free to click on the link attached to this picture and browse through some of the other SF pictures in my Flickr Account.

The Ferry Building was a highlight.

We had a very similar hotel room picnic.

We went 4 times in two days.

Loved it.

Wow! 4 times in 2 days!!! Val and I only managed 2 times in 4 days. We will have to work on that this trip. :thumbsup2

Alcatraz? Any ideas if that is part of the bay tour? Or is this an OYOT activity?

content-img.jpg

Ian and I might try to head up to Petaluma.

Alcatraz? Any ideas if that is part of the bay tour? Or is this an OYOT activity

Ian and I might try to head up to Petaluma.

If planning on Alcatraz, be sure to book this early. Val & I were in SF over Christmas for a week and all the Alcatraz tours were booked.

As far as Petaluma goes, I don't know when the National Wrist Westling Championships are. ;)

Jeff, since it soudns as if you have been their a few times, Have you looked at the trip and does it cover most of San Fran. We have never been but we don;t want to do things that are covered on this trip.

We are trying to decided if we need an extra day ahead of the trip

Jeff, since it soudns as if you have been their a few times, Have you looked at the trip and does it cover most of San Fran. We have never been but we don;t want to do things that are covered on this trip.

Mark, you should look at the itinerary link I posted above and see what we will be doing as a group.

The ABD itinerary doesn't visit Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, the fantastic Ferry Building etc.

There is some OYO time, but you will have to decide if it's enough or if you need more time.

Val & I have actually been to SF only once. We spent 5 days there (just in the city) and could have enjoyed several more days. We never made it to the wine country or the redwoods.

Mark, you should look at the itinerary link I posted above and see what we will be doing as a group.

The ABD itinerary doesn't visit Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, the fantastic Ferry Building etc.

There is some OYO time, but you will have to decide if it's enough or if you need more time.

As Kevin notes, These are three "typical" SF places that people head to. Of them, I wouldn't worry much about missing Fisherman's Wharf, but would recommend a walk along the various piers for some picturesque places. I'm not sure how much of Chinatown we will see during the ABD section, but its a fun place to just wander. Many of the shops are repeats of the one three doors down (or even next door) but its fun anyway. A ride on the cable car is pretty much a requirement of any trip to SF.

You can also tour the Haight/Ashbury section of town (a requirement for those of a certain generation) and a trip across the Golden Gate to Sausalito is highly recommended.

Kevin,
I see that the tour includes a segment that involves a bicycle tour. I'm wondering if there are provisions for those of us who might not care to ride a bike.

Thanks all for your great input. Sounds like lots of things to do and we don;t want to wear ourselves out before the main trip.

Are we still doing a "Welcome Dinner" when we arrive in Hollywood or have we bulit-in a travel day?

Are we still doing a "Welcome Dinner" when we arrive in Hollywood or have we bulit-in a travel day?

Good question Mike. Perhaps it becomes a "Welcome to Hollywood Dinner"?

Woo-hooo!!! I found room to squeeze in!

I'll add myself to Kevin's list!! (I'm powerful that way :wizard: )

Good question Mike. Perhaps it becomes a "Welcome to Hollywood Dinner"?

I don't know the answer to this yet.

I have 11 months to figure it out. :)

The SF portion ends on the 14th and the Hollywood portions begins on the 14th.

I don't know if there will be an actual welcome dinner or if we will all just pass out from exhaustion.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter