~~~ Sew, we’re debt FREEEEEEEE!!! And headed to DLP! ~~~ Spring 2018

Just stopping by before I have to get ready to leave for work.
I'm glad that you dad is in a better mode right now. The tours sound like a good idea if you need to do that.
I can image how exited you guys are about V. coming home. She's been gone so long.
Sorry about Josh's brakes. Hopefully it won't cost too much; even you do have a fund for it. I have to get new tire for my car before winter. I dread spending the money. Like you, I have the money set aside for it but I still don't like it.
We're not doing much this weekend. I have to help my daughter and son-in-law clean up the weeds in their yard. One of the neighbor complained to the town about the yards on the street, so everyone over there is weeding this weekend.
Have a good weedend
Liz

While I was in town yesterday - I picked up a couple of new books at the library... I LOVE that our library has an app - I can just 'order' books from my phone and pick them up in a couple of days - it's so nice.

I love ordering books from the library and have them waiting for me to pick up. One of the things keeping me away from the internet recently is a couple of really good books to read. :)

Just stopping by before I have to get ready to leave for work.
I'm glad that you dad is in a better mode right now. The tours sound like a good idea if you need to do that.
I can image how exited you guys are about V. coming home. She's been gone so long.
Sorry about Josh's brakes. Hopefully it won't cost too much; even you do have a fund for it. I have to get new tire for my car before winter. I dread spending the money. Like you, I have the money set aside for it but I still don't like it.
We're not doing much this weekend. I have to help my daughter and son-in-law clean up the weeds in their yard. One of the neighbor complained to the town about the yards on the street, so everyone over there is weeding this weekend.
Have a good weedend
Liz

We've had a couple of great days with him... I see him enjoying things, but I also see the unsettledness in his manor... I hope this eases somewhat over the coming weeks, so he can begin to enjoy having us nearby more.

Yes, she was gone for 8 weeks! Allison was gone for 10! But Allison's trip was so much different than V's - Allison was so homesick (as I am sure you remember) and V loved every moment.

We found out yesterday it is his 2 rear breaks, 1 caliper and both rotors need to be turned... We don't have a price on those yet - we'll know on Monday - we are both guessing about $300... Then we will have had front/rear brakes done on both of our vehicles within the last year. ::yes:: We better not need brakes any time soon. LOL

Good luck with the weeks - I haven't touched my front flower bed in weeks - I really need to add weeding to my list... Life has just be so consumed with other things these last weeks. Hopefully over the coming week or two, I can catch up on my neglected house and flower beds. ::yes::

I hope you have a nice remainder of your weekend. :lovestruc

I love ordering books from the library and have them waiting for me to pick up. One of the things keeping me away from the internet recently is a couple of really good books to read.

I know - it's my favorite thing! LOL It makes it so easy to read... Sadly - I always feel such a HUGE obligation to read and finish library books in a timely manner, so I can get them returned for the next person... Right now I have 3 checked out, and I need to keep making progress on them! ::yes::

Just found the link for the new trip report. It's good to "see" you again, d.

Hey!!! Welcome back! It's great to see you! I've yet to do any official "trip reporting" on this one yet... Working on it though! :lovestruc

************************************************************************************************************

I guarantee this will be a photo heavy update!

I was up yesterday morning at 1 am... V was at Schiphol airport and coming home!!!! :woohoo:

C79F5FEB-00CC-4B8E-AD45-11B06AE4535F.png

6B12F674-B7A8-4CCB-9644-FE96416367CF.png

8DD34762-A91B-48BF-9151-1EF55D143B9E.png

She cried saying goodbye to Myrthe... As much as she missed us and was ready to come home - it was very hard for her to leave... She bonded very well with BMTL while she was there, and now I fear her heart will always be stuck between 2 homes... Yet at the same time - I am so thankful that she has found somewhere else she feels at home. :lovestruc

EE3B74C5-A63C-41EB-92AE-1987CF3A4E9D.png

866B8C5D-B667-45B7-86B5-8EBB4CCE9B7C.png

4565BA22-003D-4ECE-8BC2-8B15B6CE88CA.png

5B71CE0F-EFF4-4502-8F49-98C0A667D4E4.png

Meanwhile...

I was trying to take a short nap on the couch after her flight had taken off... I always get so nervous when the girls are traveling - but once they are in the air, I do better. After all - V is an "expert" traveler now.

I left the house yesterday wearing a pair of size 7/8 denim capris - I was super excited, because this was my original goal size 5 years ago! :woohoo: And I had purchased a few items in that size when I had gotten closer - so this was pretty huge for me!

5289BB68-CF6F-4815-ABC5-A771F0FD8CC5.jpg

After 8 hours and 25 minutes... V was back on US soil and HOME!!!!

94CBF089-CC0F-43E8-A52D-8B9787B18C5E.png

It did not take her long to go through TSA at all... She was a smart girl and paid for a seat with a bit more leg room at the front of the plane... And with all her traveling - she knew she had to book it off the plane and get in line for TSA before everyone else got there. She took me a bit off guard when she showed up as quickly as she did!

2D04F907-61DA-4BF7-A8CD-6FE957402C6D.jpg

4A12F780-1BB3-486A-A94C-09EA1E984F76.jpg

I was BEYOND happy to have my girl home - both girls home!!! It was a long summer!

7DEDCCA8-0217-4E7C-AB0B-86E23AE1C0F9.jpg

21E5C8C1-9864-4C27-ABBE-6597679E32E2.png

(No, I don't really drive around holding Josh's hand like this, I think he was giving me something and I was grabbing it as V snapped the pic - LOL)

She requested her first meal be Chipotle (no surprise - LOL)...

Then we went home to see puppy dogs - they were SO happy to see her!

566CCCA1-815C-4042-A5ED-E8F894E02905.jpg

CC31F24F-CA27-4C72-926D-4158E84202D5.jpg

After she unpacked a little bit and gave a few gifts... We went back to town to see Grandpa - stopping at Starbucks on the way.

DB2B8B00-E2E5-40B6-BCD6-2A973D512B2E.png

Grandpa was so happy to see her!!! He showed her is new apartment (which she did see when we initially toured), and he also took her around the building to show her everything... He even took us into the kitchen to show us that. LOL

54EFBFB1-5B33-460A-95F5-0EF2B71C94A8.jpg

We waited at Grandpa's for Allison to get off of work... Awwwh... Probably the only time my girls really love each other is for the first 5 minutes they've been away from each other for an extended amount of time. LOL (and Grandpa photo bombed... hehehe)

7EE40D1D-BF70-445B-81DC-D03A34B9AC5C.jpg

80399A42-1394-4B4F-BD0C-CB6D58D09068.jpg

We went home, and V gave us more gifts... Remember the "no more coffee mug ban" she initiated a few years ago??? :lmao: Well... That sort-of disappeared after our last Disney trip - as not only were we buying new mugs for me, but we were also buying her mugs to start her own collection... Well - she sort-of went crazy in Europe and brought me many more to add to my collection! Along with a TON of stroopwaffles and new HP jammies from London! :woohoo:

8DD48743-F3D6-46B7-B7A2-9097E17A75BB.jpg

L to R: Mugs from de Efteling, the Delft museum, Starbucks mugs from London, Budapest (from Myrthe's brother Jerle), Paris and Rotterdam, and finally a coordinating mug from the same artist as the de Efteling mug, but this one is from a zoo in Holland.

C83ED4F9-CC1F-4470-AD73-5F9D7B67C436.jpg

So, that's it! That was my day yesterday... Both of my babies are home and both of them had successful (and safe) summer graduation trips to Europe...

Now that they are both home and their trips are done - it's official... Josh and I can start planning our own! :lovestruc

Thank you for all of the prayers and pixie dust this weekend! It means a lot to me! :hug:

D~

I love your new mugs. Did Victoria go to England? The HP shirt is very cool. :)

Thanks! Yes, while V was in Europe she visited Italy (Rome and some other nearby villages), France (the south of France + DLP), London (just London), all of The Netherlands and she passed through Belgium and Luxembourg. She absolutely loved it there - she felt very much at home in the Netherlands with BMTL, and London was her favorite with a close second of DLP... For the record - she did not feel that DLP was dirty at all... France (and Italy) as a whole, yes, but not DLP. :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry all - I have nothing to update today...

We didn't do much yesterday - oh wait, we did. LOL :scratchin

Josh and I went to Dad's to try to get his TV antenna working better...

Then V and I went to the MOA to pick out a Bitty Baby for Lara for her birthday in October... I wasn't thinking that Macheteld wouldn't be back again before Lara's birthday - and V noticed that Lara doesn't have really any babies to play with and she LOVES playing with them... So we all chipped in to get her a Bitty Baby + and outfit for her and a set of bottles... When all was said and done, we paid $23 each - which is right in budget for all of us, but we were able to get her a "big" gift. :lovestruc And the best part, while we were checking out, we ran into our old personal shopper from our AG buying days - and she remembered "little Victoria"... It was so cute! So, we got to catch up with an old friend. ::yes::

I was just happy to spend almost all of yesterday with V... It's so nice having her home!

Today is a Target day for me... So, I am running out the door this morning!

Have a great day all - prayers and pixie dust to you! :lovestruc

D~

Sometimes a quiet day is just what you need.
V. really brought you a collection of mugs. I remember her saying that you had too many. The Harry Potter shirt is very nice.
I'm glad she enjoyed her time visiting family and didn't get too home sick. I'm sure Lara will her new baby.
Yesterday my daughter wanted to go for a walk at the beach. We ended up walking about 5k. The beach is l mile long with a bike path and a boardwalk the goes down to the lake. We didn't set any records walking but we had fun.
I met our new store manager today. He seems nice. On Saturday I asked a co worker what he looked like the answer so that he graduated from Ohio State. I didn't know that OSU graduates had a special look.
Have a good day
Liz

Oh my you got a lot of nice cups. I used to have a shelf with just cat cups people would give me. It's gradually turning into a Disney shelf. I've started getting just one on every trip. My latest cup is Sulley that I use every day.

I can't believe it but my grandson started college yesterday. He's a senior but is taking 3 classes and will still take band at the high school. He thinks it's great and everything is paid for including his textbooks which would have cost over $200. I still remember we had taken our first Disney trip in almost 15 years when my daughter was expecting. I was so afraid he would come early. It seems like yesterday. He has become my partner in planning when we go, and even when we go without him. He has a spread sheet for our Disneyland trip that includes hotels along the way (we will drive) and things to see too. I don't remember if you've told us what Victoria's plans are. I think you said the first art school she had planned on closed. What a disappointment. You think you have the right school planned and then all your plans fall through.

I'm anxious to hear all your plans for Europe and also your surprise trip. What an exciting year you will have.

Welcome home to V!! I know your Mama heart is so happy and content now! All is right with your world! <3

Jillian started college yesterday! How did our babies grow into amzing young ladies overnight???

I know you must be so excited to have V back. It's a constant swinging door at my house with college but it's also so nice when I have them back under one roof. What an exciting summer she must have had.

Hey D! I survived eye surgery #1. Next eye planned for 9/18. It's crazy how much better I can see things now. I keep telling everyone I'm seeing things I never saw before!! It's a bit odd because I've been nearsighted my whole life but my new lens is actually set for far sighted for day to day life and then I may need to use reading glasses for up close. I've definitely noticed that change. I used to hold my phone close to my face to see if I didn't have my contacts in and now I'm having to pull it away and hold my arm out the get a great focus. But it's great. I'm excited for round 2.

Unfortunately while getting set up for surgery my blood pressure was very high and I mentioned I'd had a bad headache for a couple of days and the nurse told me I should go ahead and make an appointment with my doctor to get it looked at. So not excited about that. I'm sure losing some weight would help. I just need motivation. You've done so well I wish I could steal some of your willpower!

You mentioned the possibility of V going back again. Did she happen to tour any schools while she was there? Or is it just from how happy she was that gave you the feeling? I only went 3 hours south to go to college and then never moved back home. My mother is still mad. I know it will be hard if V did choose to move there for school or just because but what an amazing life experience that would be!!

Did you ever get one of the Starbucks universal cups? I feel like they came out after your trip with V but i don't remember. We were there in June and I told my husband I needed to get one for my disney friend in Minnesota and he gave me the crazy eye. We will be back for a day in October and a couple of days in December (we decided to upgrade to seasonal passholder because it was only $30 more and now o can't stay away!). I could always pick one up for you if you wanted one for your collection.
Have a great week!

Hi D!
Welcome home Victoria!

So excited that you have started a new trip report!!!

Nice to heár that you were able to move Dad close to you. He's so adorable!

This summer has flown by. Joe went to the Boy Scout Jamboree in WV and had an incredible trip. Then he did a week at camp. That week I took Emma to Disney and after some arm twisting convinced Lizzy to join us for 5 nights. She flew by herself for the first time. Her flight was canceled but she did great rebooking it & flying a connecting flight for the first time ever. The trip was a huge confidènce builder for her. The girls had a great time together until we got to the airport & they had a fight. I think Emma was wishing we'd ship her off to school right from there. Pandora was awesome!!!

We leave Thursday to move her in Friday. Hoping to leave early enough to get there (7hrs) in time to open bank account & buy books. Did I mention she is NOT packed yet. She's excited but nervous. She worked at the observatory yesterday & got interviewed by a local tv station about how she measures the hours of sunlight in a day. She was only on for a few seconds but it was pretty cool. Maybe she'll change her mind about not wanting to do broadcast meteorology.

My friend from FL & her DD were able to spend more time than usual with us which was awesome. They had just gotten back from Europe. They went to Efteling & DLP.

I got a few Starbucksmugs on vacation-NY, Niagara Falls, Toronto & Canada. I meant to buy FL & Orlando at a Disney Springs but it was so hot that day I think my mind melted. Now I just need to find a place to put them all.

Soooo glad Victoria made it home safely and that she had such a wonderful trip. I am the same way when my girls are traveling - I am uneasy until they're safe with me again. I had to laugh about Victoria and Allison loving each other for the first few minutes after they're reunited - sounds so familiar! I have a sister that, sadly, I still have a bit of that kind of relationship with,

Love the gifts Victoria brought for you - especially the pajamas. Adorable!!! And I love the mugs. I have the Starbucks mugs from the four wdw parks. I wonder if they have them at both California parks...? I'll have to check on that.

I'm glad your Dad has had good days recently. It will take time. I feel for both of you - I feel like I am both of you in that I've uprooted to a new location and am trying to adjust, and st the same time I'm the person doing the research and planning for the move and hoping it all goes well.

I read the first two Poldark books and need to watch the tv series. I haven't read Outlander....

Congratulations on wearing your capris! You look great!

Are the brakes done?

Sometimes a quiet day is just what you need.
V. really brought you a collection of mugs. I remember her saying that you had too many. The Harry Potter shirt is very nice.
I'm glad she enjoyed her time visiting family and didn't get too home sick. I'm sure Lara will her new baby.
Yesterday my daughter wanted to go for a walk at the beach. We ended up walking about 5k. The beach is l mile long with a bike path and a boardwalk the goes down to the lake. We didn't set any records walking but we had fun.
I met our new store manager today. He seems nice. On Saturday I asked a co worker what he looked like the answer so that he graduated from Ohio State. I didn't know that OSU graduates had a special look.
Have a good day
Liz

It was sure nice to have a quiet day.

She did... Hahaha! I am getting *quite* the mug collection! ::yes::

It sounds like you had a nice walk with your daughter. :lovestruc

Hahaha - I wouldn't have known that either. :scratchin

Thanks Liz - same to you!

Oh my you got a lot of nice cups. I used to have a shelf with just cat cups people would give me. It's gradually turning into a Disney shelf. I've started getting just one on every trip. My latest cup is Sulley that I use every day.

I can't believe it but my grandson started college yesterday. He's a senior but is taking 3 classes and will still take band at the high school. He thinks it's great and everything is paid for including his textbooks which would have cost over $200. I still remember we had taken our first Disney trip in almost 15 years when my daughter was expecting. I was so afraid he would come early. It seems like yesterday. He has become my partner in planning when we go, and even when we go without him. He has a spread sheet for our Disneyland trip that includes hotels along the way (we will drive) and things to see too. I don't remember if you've told us what Victoria's plans are. I think you said the first art school she had planned on closed. What a disappointment. You think you have the right school planned and then all your plans fall through.

I'm anxious to hear all your plans for Europe and also your surprise trip. What an exciting year you will have.

Hahaha! I am really going to have to find a solution for all of my Starbucks mugs - they are growing and multiplying like crazy!

Congrats to him! I sure wish my girls would have done PSEO... Oh well - live and learn, I guess. ::yes:: It sounds like you have a really fun and great relationship with him. :lovestruc

Well - V *was* planning to go to an art school in Minneapolis - to the tune of $40k/year (*cough, cough, cough)... But then, when she was in Holland, Machteld took her to visit the art college that both her and Bente attended - to the tune of $8k/year - and V fell in love. So, it sounds like V might be planning a trip back - once to "officially" tour the school and then eventually move over there... As much as this makes me so anxious - I would much rather have her there (with family) than in some school half-way across the country, alone. We'll see... She will have to work very hard this year and save everything she makes in order to make this happen. :scratchin

It will be an exciting year, I hope. We are very excited to go back to Europe - we both enjoyed it immensely while we were there. :lovestruc

Welcome home to V!! I know your Mama heart is so happy and content now! All is right with your world! <3

Jillian started college yesterday! How did our babies grow into amzing young ladies overnight???

It is... It's wonderful having both of them home. :lovestruc

What happened to our kids? It was the blink of an eye wasn't it??? WOW - Little Jillian at college... Connie - a new chapter has begun for both of us. >no emoji fits here< We have some great kids though and I cannot wait to see where life takes them! :lovestruc We've come a long way from this:

IMG_3434.jpg

I know you must be so excited to have V back. It's a constant swinging door at my house with college but it's also so nice when I have them back under one roof. What an exciting summer she must have had.

i am - it's a little difficult, as she doesn't have plans to stay local for long... but I am definitely enjoying her while she is here! I feel like it won't be long and my house will be the same... At least they WANT to come home - that's when you know you did something right. :hug:

She had an amazing summer, and I feel like she found somewhere that feels like 'home' to her... Sadly - as Machteld told me the other day, she is a person whose heart is always in 2 places (or more) because she has many places where she feels like 'home' is... I feel like V is much the same way, and may always feel the pull to be in many places. As long as she always remembers where her momma is, and visits often... ::yes::

Hey D! I survived eye surgery #1. Next eye planned for 9/18. It's crazy how much better I can see things now. I keep telling everyone I'm seeing things I never saw before!! It's a bit odd because I've been nearsighted my whole life but my new lens is actually set for far sighted for day to day life and then I may need to use reading glasses for up close. I've definitely noticed that change. I used to hold my phone close to my face to see if I didn't have my contacts in and now I'm having to pull it away and hold my arm out the get a great focus. But it's great. I'm excited for round 2.

Unfortunately while getting set up for surgery my blood pressure was very high and I mentioned I'd had a bad headache for a couple of days and the nurse told me I should go ahead and make an appointment with my doctor to get it looked at. So not excited about that. I'm sure losing some weight would help. I just need motivation. You've done so well I wish I could steal some of your willpower!

You mentioned the possibility of V going back again. Did she happen to tour any schools while she was there? Or is it just from how happy she was that gave you the feeling? I only went 3 hours south to go to college and then never moved back home. My mother is still mad. I know it will be hard if V did choose to move there for school or just because but what an amazing life experience that would be!!

Did you ever get one of the Starbucks universal cups? I feel like they came out after your trip with V but i don't remember. We were there in June and I told my husband I needed to get one for my disney friend in Minnesota and he gave me the crazy eye. We will be back for a day in October and a couple of days in December (we decided to upgrade to seasonal passholder because it was only $30 more and now o can't stay away!). I could always pick one up for you if you wanted one for your collection.
Have a great week!

I've been following your surgery on FB, I am so happy to hear that it was so successful - and you are seeing so much more so quickly! I am amazed! Did you have any pain afterwards?

I would definitely have that checked out - however, if you are anything like me, my blood pressure is ALWAYS a mess right before surgery - so while I'd have it checked out to make sure it's not just a 1 time thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it until then. Sending hugs anyways - because that is so unsettling. :hug: There are many times where I don't even have enough will power for myself - LOL - I wish I had some words of wisdom to inspire you... For me, just knowing that time is going to pass anyways - and I might as well let it pass as healthy as I can be, sometimes that's enough to keep me going... I just know how I felt 6 years ago, and I feel better now than I even felt when I was in my teens and 20s - that's very eye opening to me. ::yes::

Yes, it sounds like V will be going back to Europe for school... She looked at an art college while she was there, but didn't "officially" tour it... But it is her desire to go back and attend college there. I wrote a little more about it in one of my above replies. ::yes::

No WAY!!!! I just went and Googled the US Starbucks mugs... They totally didn't have those when I was there! Figures! LOL If you feel like picking those up for me - you certainly can... I'd be happy to Paypal you for them + shipping... but honestly, don't feel like you have to, as I will be back! And it give me reason to go back to US. LOL

Same to you!!! :lovestruc

Hi D!
Welcome home Victoria!

So excited that you have started a new trip report!!!

Nice to heár that you were able to move Dad close to you. He's so adorable!

This summer has flown by. Joe went to the Boy Scout Jamboree in WV and had an incredible trip. Then he did a week at camp. That week I took Emma to Disney and after some arm twisting convinced Lizzy to join us for 5 nights. She flew by herself for the first time. Her flight was canceled but she did great rebooking it & flying a connecting flight for the first time ever. The trip was a huge confidènce builder for her. The girls had a great time together until we got to the airport & they had a fight. I think Emma was wishing we'd ship her off to school right from there. Pandora was awesome!!!

We leave Thursday to move her in Friday. Hoping to leave early enough to get there (7hrs) in time to open bank account & buy books. Did I mention she is NOT packed yet. She's excited but nervous. She worked at the observatory yesterday & got interviewed by a local tv station about how she measures the hours of sunlight in a day. She was only on for a few seconds but it was pretty cool. Maybe she'll change her mind about not wanting to do broadcast meteorology.

My friend from FL & her DD were able to spend more time than usual with us which was awesome. They had just gotten back from Europe. They went to Efteling & DLP.

I got a few Starbucksmugs on vacation-NY, Niagara Falls, Toronto & Canada. I meant to buy FL & Orlando at a Disney Springs but it was so hot that day I think my mind melted. Now I just need to find a place to put them all.

Bernadette!!!! :lovestruc

It's been a crazy few months - definitely a good time for me to take a Dis break... Not sure I could have kept up here too. LOL

Sounds like the kids had a great summer!!! And WTG Lizzie - that is a HUGE confidence boost... Same with V - being able to navigate the transportation systems around the globe was HUGE for her too... And then I am all nervous yesterday while V is driving around the metro - LOL... She just rolled her eyes at me. ::yes::

Yikes!!! I'll be thinking of you!!! I don't look forward to those days which are certainly coming for me too... I am sure that Lizzie will find exactly what she wants to do - she is in a great school and one that she will excel in! I am very proud of her!

Efteling is an awesome park - I cannot wait to go back. What did your friends think of it?

Hahaha! Sounds like you have a great collection going too! Funny thing - our local Starbucks got a freak shipment of the You are Here mugs from Tennessee... I don't have Tennessee yet, and I have legit traveled there... So, now I've added TN to my collection. :lmao: And I didn't have to go anywhere to get it. ::yes::

It's always great to hear from you Bernadette - I look forward to the next time we can meet up. :lovestruc Say hello to the family for me - and best of luck to Lizzie in the coming weeks... And hugs to you momma!

Soooo glad Victoria made it home safely and that she had such a wonderful trip. I am the same way when my girls are traveling - I am uneasy until they're safe with me again. I had to laugh about Victoria and Allison loving each other for the first few minutes after they're reunited - sounds so familiar! I have a sister that, sadly, I still have a bit of that kind of relationship with,

Love the gifts Victoria brought for you - especially the pajamas. Adorable!!! And I love the mugs. I have the Starbucks mugs from the four wdw parks. I wonder if they have them at both California parks...? I'll have to check on that.

I'm glad your Dad has had good days recently. It will take time. I feel for both of you - I feel like I am both of you in that I've uprooted to a new location and am trying to adjust, and st the same time I'm the person doing the research and planning for the move and hoping it all goes well.

I read the first two Poldark books and need to watch the tv series. I haven't read Outlander....

Congratulations on wearing your capris! You look great!

Are the brakes done?

Yes - it is such a relief to have both of them home... Words can't even express. Though I am a bit apprehensive about the future - even though I know that V would do well with going to school in Europe, it still makes me sad that she wants to be so far from home.

Yes - she did bring me some very fun gifts... She definitely knows me - both of the girls do. LOL

They do have the mugs for DLP (both parks) - I just happened to see them when I was googling for the Universal Studios mugs this morning. ::yes::

I've been thinking of you and your move... And how we are both living almost parallel lives, in the opposite shoes. :hug: I hope you are adjusting well and everything is going OK... :hug:

Dad is settling in well, I think (knock on wood)... No angry outbursts for over a week or so... He has been in very good spirits every time we visit... He always seems so surprised to see us every time we show up - like he truly doesn't expect us to be there, I think that part makes him very happy. ::yes:: I try to brace myself though, every time I go... I am still hesitant that this will work out - even if I do know it's for the best.

Yup - brakes are done. Phew. About $100 more than we thought they would be... Buuuut - as it turns out, V didn't have to pay any luggage fees on her return flight (not sure how that happened???) - so I took that $$ back from her, and we decided to put it towards the truck. Which zeroed out our "vehicle maintenance fund" - which is OK, because we didn't have to dip into our emergency fund at all and we can keep going. ::yes::

Sending you lots of hugs... I am always here if you need to chat - OK?? :hug:

**************************************************************************************************************

Not much to update... We are all just settling into life. For the last 2 nights - we have had all 4 of us at the dinner table. What a rare treat that is! :lovestruc

I've been working, working, working... Trying to stay caught up upstairs - which I am barely succeeding at. V will have my car all day today - so I will be home bound... By the end of the day, I should be all caught up and actually ahead of myself. ::yes:: This is always good for my "one man band" life. LOL

Budget update... As part of this PTR - I feel like our debt free journey should be a part of this, so I am going to touch on it a bit every now and then - while trying not to get too much into personal stuff. Good luck to me, right? LOL So, this is pay day week for us, we are mid-way through paying off one of our credit cards... This week will pay off a nice chunk of that one. I also need to close the one we paid off last month - as I had to wait for the residual interest to show up this month and pay that off... It's officially at a zero balance, and I will close that one by the end of the week.

We had to empty our "vehicle maintenance fund" completely on Josh's truck... It's a bummer that it's empty - but that's what it's there for and I am glad we didn't have to tap into our emergency fund to finish it off. Initially we were $100 short, but as it turns out, V didn't have to pay for her luggage fees to come home - so we took back that $100 from that fund and put it toward the truck. It worked out. ::yes::

We don't have anything extra-special in the budget this week, other than that we bumped up our dining out fund a bit - we were just squeaking by with it at the amount it was, but now that Dad's here, we want to be able to take him out for dinner every now n' then too... We added to that fund so we can do just that.

We are doing something new this year, which we have never done before... Save for Christmas and Birthday gifts. We used to just use our extra paycheck at the end of the year to fund Christmas - but as we found out last year - this didn't work out very well for us. So, this year, we have been saving throughout the year... It's working out well, but I cannot wait until we have our debt paid off, and I can bump this up a little bit - I feel like we are *just* getting by with the amount we have set aside... Though looking ahead - we have cut back on our gift giving this season, as well - only giving gifts to those family members who are closest to us... Hopefully next year, we can add a few more people into the mix. What I do like about this method is if I happen to find a good gift for someone at a different time of year - I can grab it, and it doesn't have to come out of $$ from other parts of the budget. So, that's cool. ::yes:: We'll see - when the time comes where I do actually have to go Christmas shopping - we'll see how it goes. How do you all save for Christmas? Just curious.

Otherwise, just chugging along in our debt pay off. :woohoo:

Dad seems to be doing a bit better... He still has a few things bothering him, but no angry outbursts since the last one I mentioned last week. V and I stopped in to see him yesterday and he was sitting in the community room - they had just finished an activity... Which is good, it's good to see him socializing. ::yes:: I won't be able to visit him today, as V will have my car all day - but I am trying not to visit him every day either, as I don't want him to get dependent on that, as it won't always be possible. Especially right now while V and I are sharing a car until she buys one of her own.

Eating is going fantastic... And I feel like I am continuing to go down in size. :woohoo:

That's about it, nothing else is really new or exciting...

I hope all of you are having a fantastic week! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

It sounds like you'll have the girls home for at least another year, which will be nice. But they do grow up and move away, Victoria must have really enjoyed Europe. Did she have any problems with the language barrier?

It sounds like you'll have the girls home for at least another year, which will be nice. But they do grow up and move away, Victoria must have really enjoyed Europe. Did she have any problems with the language barrier?

Not at all.... She just told everyone that she spoke English - and for the most part, it was OK with her - she didn't have many problems at all. :) She loved Europe so much - she will definitely be back, I am sure of that. ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************************************************

No news here... I worked out in the morning, then I worked all day yesterday - V had my car, so I was stuck here... I took the opportunity to catch up on work. For the most part, I am.

Oh - V chopped off her hair! She has been talking about doing it since she came home, I was a little shocked when she sent me a picture yesterday... I was also shocked that her hair is now very much like mine! LOL I am not going to be the one to tell her that - because that either A) Makes me fashionable... or B) Makes her not. LOL

Today - it's a heavy lifting day for me...

Then I plan to work upstairs until lunch time.

I plan to run to town to visit Dad - since I didn't get there yesterday.

I have to be home in time for V to go to work this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great day - prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Hi D! So I have been trying all week to reply to your posts with no success. Once or twice, the DIS was down for maintenance and a couple of other times, I think it was my laptop. I wrote out a few long replies and then tried to post. I knew it was either going to double post or not post at all, and it looks like it never posted anything. Boo! So, all that to say that I have been here, but my posts were not going through.

I really think I saw a corner turn for your Dad when he seemed to be excited to show V around his new place. I don't think he would have bothered to do that if he didn't like something about it or didn't think he would be there for long. I am so glad for you all that he is getting more use to the idea. It is nice to see you and the girls having nice little pop in visits with him!

I'm glad V made it home safely and enjoyed her trip. Did I see the big Stitch in her backpack that she's been wanting for so long? She really knocked it out of the park on the souvenirs! I love the PJ's too. That is about the only item of clothing I will let someone else buy for me because I am really picky about how my clothes fit. The jammies look great and look comfy, too. You cannot go wrong with HP!

We had a pretty busy week this week. I went to the eye doctor, then Emma had her first official Orthodontist appointment on the path to getting her braces. One of the benefits to being here in Japan is that our dental is free (as you know-Tricare usually does not pay much and nothing for braces). They do an evaluation and present cases to a board, then they select about 20 people a year who get braces and it is completely free! Emma got selected as an eligible candidate. We are thrilled and beyond thankful that we will not have to pay for them. If something happens and we end up going back early before her treatment plan is done, we will then have to pay for the rest ourselves.

We are having a BBQ for some my husband's fellow Marines and their families today, so I have lots of cooking ahead of me today! I really want to start getting back on a healthy eating track next week. I understand totally what you mean about Whole30. While it was a great jumpstart and cleansing process, I always found myself looking toward the end date, and when it was over, as soon as I ate one or two things that were non-compliant, I was like "well, I messed that up. Let's eat cake for the rest of the day!" I have a tendency to do all or nothing, too. I am glad you seem to have found your groove with eating and working out. I wish you continued success and best of all feeling good and happy about yourself!

Sorry for such a long post, but this is just a summary of the ones I lost! I felt bad about not being able to post! I should have sent you a FB message. I was like the silent screamer over here,LOL ! Take care and have a great weekend!

Hi D! So I have been trying all week to reply to your posts with no success. Once or twice, the DIS was down for maintenance and a couple of other times, I think it was my laptop. I wrote out a few long replies and then tried to post. I knew it was either going to double post or not post at all, and it looks like it never posted anything. Boo! So, all that to say that I have been here, but my posts were not going through.

I really think I saw a corner turn for your Dad when he seemed to be excited to show V around his new place. I don't think he would have bothered to do that if he didn't like something about it or didn't think he would be there for long. I am so glad for you all that he is getting more use to the idea. It is nice to see you and the girls having nice little pop in visits with him!

I'm glad V made it home safely and enjoyed her trip. Did I see the big Stitch in her backpack that she's been wanting for so long? She really knocked it out of the park on the souvenirs! I love the PJ's too. That is about the only item of clothing I will let someone else buy for me because I am really picky about how my clothes fit. The jammies look great and look comfy, too. You cannot go wrong with HP!

We had a pretty busy week this week. I went to the eye doctor, then Emma had her first official Orthodontist appointment on the path to getting her braces. One of the benefits to being here in Japan is that our dental is free (as you know-Tricare usually does not pay much and nothing for braces). They do an evaluation and present cases to a board, then they select about 20 people a year who get braces and it is completely free! Emma got selected as an eligible candidate. We are thrilled and beyond thankful that we will not have to pay for them. If something happens and we end up going back early before her treatment plan is done, we will then have to pay for the rest ourselves.

We are having a BBQ for some my husband's fellow Marines and their families today, so I have lots of cooking ahead of me today! I really want to start getting back on a healthy eating track next week. I understand totally what you mean about Whole30. While it was a great jumpstart and cleansing process, I always found myself looking toward the end date, and when it was over, as soon as I ate one or two things that were non-compliant, I was like "well, I messed that up. Let's eat cake for the rest of the day!" I have a tendency to do all or nothing, too. I am glad you seem to have found your groove with eating and working out. I wish you continued success and best of all feeling good and happy about yourself!

Sorry for such a long post, but this is just a summary of the ones I lost! I felt bad about not being able to post! I should have sent you a FB message. I was like the silent screamer over here,LOL ! Take care and have a great weekend!

Hey Brandi! No worries at all... I expect, since I am really not doing much planning yet, this PTR won't get too rowdy. :lmao:

I think so too... I think he is realizing how close he truly is to us, and we can just pop in anytime (almost) and do the smallest things with him, take him places or just visit... And now that his insulin is straightened out - that is helpful too. Not only that, but we have managed to get a few more convenience items in place for him over the last few weeks - things that I didn't realize would be so helpful for him, because I didn't see his daily struggles like I do now. We all just love having him here, it is a blessing for sure!

Ha! She opted for the "medium-sized" Stitch... I am sure the extra-large size stitch will come home with us one day too. :lmao: I agree - I like PJs too, they are an easy gift, I always ask for flannel PJ pants for Christmas, because it's a cheap/easy gift and I am a freeze-baby in the winter time. LOL I will also ask for Vans for Christmas (though I doubt anyone will actually get them for me, they never do) - since my size never varies in those and I love wearing them!

So glad you were able to get Emma's braces covered - even if it was a lottery type situation - what a relief to you!!! We only had Tricare for 1+ year, while Josh was deployed, and thankfully in the area that we lived in, everyone took it - I can see where many places wouldn't want to take it though, just because of their "clause" on the back, which basically said at the time, "by taking this card, you agree to the terms" and the terms were, we tell you how much we will pay you, you take that payment and that's all you will get - you may not go after the service member or family for the remaining balance... I actually had to use that one, Allison had to have a tooth pulled while we were on Tricare and they tried to come after me for the remainder - and it was A LOT... I was like - nope, sorry, you took the card. They zeroed out our bill and wrote it off... I felt a little bad about it, but after all, they took the card. Pretty sure they likely no longer accept Tricare. ::yes:: Anyways... Sorry for the long story. Happy to hear that Emma will get braces - we had to pay cash for V's when she had them, it sucked, but she was so self conscious about her smile - I hadn't seen it in so long - it was worth it's weight in gold to have her smile back! :lovestruc

I love BBQs! I hope you had a great time... I am sure it was wonderful to get together with everyone. ::yes::

Hahaha! Yes, exactly... I am always a 100% for anything I do, anything less and I tend to sabotage myself. Thankfully, I am aware of it - but even being aware doesn't always help. :scratchin Thank you for your kind words. :lovestruc

:lmao: @ silent screamer! You crack me up girl! Thanks for continuing to try to post... Sometimes the Dis is weird.

Take care my friend - and sending you long distance hugs!!! :hug:

**************************************************************************************************************

I've had a busy few days...

On Thursday, I worked upstairs all day, and then Allison and I went to town to visit Grandpa... He sure seems to enjoy our visits a lot! We took him out for ice cream - just a little place in the area that has a bazillion scoopable flavors... They also have something similar to the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream... But this one is *just* 16 scoops of ice cream, no gobs of extras. Anyways - Dad wants to do this sometime, but after mine and Allison's fiasco on her grad trip - we've decided to find like 10 additional people to do it with us. LOL

DABBEABC-59C5-4585-BBB8-DC11454B140D.jpg

And Allison and Grandpa walking into his new place... I really love it. They are working on a nice new remodel, and it will be even nicer when it's done. His old apartment building hadn't been touched since the 80s, it was so dated and icky... This one is just so nice and clean always - plus, as you know, it's close to us. :lovestruc

4D2FC598-BB78-4F9A-A861-8B4B157537CD.jpg

Um, let's see... V is back to work now... She has worked 1 of her own shifts and picked up 2 other shifts this week... She is my work-aholic, and I have no doubt she will be able to save up enough to replace the $$ she spent in Europe... Let's just say that I choked a little when I heard that amount. :eek:

She chopped off her hair on Monday!!! And it's ADORABLE!!!! I love it so much - it makes her look so grown up, and after her independent summer - it fits her perfectly... However - it does remind me a little of someone... :scratchin :lmao:

424A565F-BCAA-4019-A39C-5178D24D249D.jpg

She was reunited with her favorite American snack yesterday... If only I could get away with eating like that. :scratchin

0EF3C94A-002F-4F63-8732-D4CCEE81A76D.jpg

And one more pic of Grandpa - because he CRACKS us up!!! This is his "scooter get-up" - he reminds me of the stereotypical "Florida Santa Claus" :lmao: Except he usually has his BIG shades on too.

1A3EA79F-9E3F-4F1A-B312-21BB1011A18E.png

Then on to me... Still working hard, and eating well... Um - except for last night... Josh and I went down to the local bar/restaurant and had fish fry and a couple of drinks... I was mostly good though - except for the drink. I had fish, with a baked potato and I brought my own salad dressing - this was the *first* meal I've eaten that hasn't been 100% Paleo since the end of May... Moving forward again today. ::yes:: Here's a few of the meals I've been eating lately, because I know some of you enjoy seeing that. LOL

Sheet-pan steak and chicken fajitas:
708A507F-B838-4267-8086-AB85A245CBF9.jpg

Stupid-Easy Paleo Emergency Meatballs with bacon and zoodles:
50F5AA99-048A-4DC9-B8C0-DE7CFC1D94B6.jpg

Stupid-Easy Paleo Emergency Meatballs with bacon and sweet potatoes:
CE1EAEC7-0624-4FF3-A822-A6E623A44155.jpg

I was in Target the other day - and you all know I've been on a serious budget spending freeze this year... But I found a really cute shirt (Knox Rose brand), in a size large (I was wearing mostly XLs at the beginning of summer) - it was in the 70% off section, plus I was able to get an extra 10% off because it was damaged (which I could fix), plus cartwheel was an extra 20% off clearance, plus my 10% team member discount, plus my 5% red debit card discount... In the end, this shirt was less than $4... And it was cute. LOL

278C3777-73BB-4ACD-8871-E74C8A686CE4.jpg

I think that's about it for me? I am drinking my coffee this morning, we had a nice rain all night, and it's supposed to continue all day... I plan to work for a little while this morning on some side projects, and maybe head into town later to visit Dad? :scratchin I also have to stop and pick up a few supplies for work.

I am hoping to dig into this Europe trip a little over this weekend. ::yes::

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
I love Victoria's hair! It's perfect for her and she does look more like you.

I'm glad most of the rain held off until today. I was afraid we wouldn't get much done yesterday. We went over to help my grandson get their third garage spot cleaned out so he can park his car Monday when we transfer it. I did spend a little time in their garden weeding as my daughter hasn't had any extra time this summer while teaching summer school for the first time. Her garden was such a mess and while we didn't quite finish it looked so much better. My husband even got up and cleaned her gutter that had little trees growing out of it.

Afterwards we stopped at Culver's as it was 2 and we were starving. We both got the pot roast and got such huge portions we could have shared. A lot of times we get 1 dinner and a chicken salad and share, but we were so hungry. I did take some of mine home as I am trying to cut back. I am also back to exercising and hopefully I will be as successful as you have been. My biggest downfall has always been snacking after dinner so I've cut that out. That really seems to help, especially when it is usually ice cream, lol.

Your dad looks happy and I'm glad he's adjusting. I imagine some of that is from having visitors all the time and he's realizing how nice that is. My dad is doing ok and is having a therapist come to his home and his strength has really improved. The doctor also made an adjustment in his water pills and he's taking them now. He had increased the dosage but it was supposed to be temporary. He didn't like them so just quit taking them. There is still some confusion and asking us the same thing so we'll see if that improves at all. It doesn't seem to affect him too much and he is fine at home for now. It's only because his good friend stops over all the time and also shops for him. She's even cooking extra and bringing food for him too. I tell her she is my godsend and I don't know what I would do without her.

Your top looks great and what a deal. I was at Target looking at a bag my granddaughter had on her birthday list but it was $30. Two days later it was on clearance for $21 and I used the cartwheel so I was pretty happy I had waited. I also have the Target red card. Not too happy though when it shows how much I saved because then I know how much I spend!

Have a great day! I plan to just stay inside and scrapbook.

I'm glad our dad is finally adjusting to his new place. He probably does realize how nice it is to have all of you so close.
V. looks a lot like you with her new hair cut. It's really cute. How is she adjusting to every day life back home?
Your food pictures all look good because of my food allergies I have to read the ingredients on everything. It makes going out to eat not too much fun.
I'm on vacation this week. I don't have much planned. My daughter and I are doing the color dash today and next week we're going to the Pittsburgh Zoo. We're members of the Cleveland zoo so we get a discount at the Pittsburgh one. We've have a lot of rain lately and it's cooled down so I can work on pulling weeds in my own garden.
Have a good weekend
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter