~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

We added a night on to our trip in November and stayed at the FQ. Its always been one of my favorites, but we don't get to stay there often. And yes, we had beignets for breakfast!

Lillian - I forgot to mention that my son was in Tromso in December! He did a solo trip to Europe and wanted to see the northern lights. Was only there one night before he headed home.

Did your son get to see the northern lights? We have had (and is still having) great weather in January and February with a lot of opportunities to see the northern lights. If I remember correctly the weather wasn't that great in December.

Great update! LOVE the baby tiger pics...soooo CUTE!

You will have to ask Cindy where Ger is from in New Orleans. Tell him I am from the westbank...he will understand, lol. And I agree that POFQ is like a very clean French Quarter and the beignets are pretty spot on (only we don't normally do the dipping sauces).

Hi Cajunfan! So Gerald was born and raised in Louisiana. Born in Independence, raised in Houma and when we met he was working on Bourbon St at Tropical Isle living in the Bywater (upper 9th ward)! If you ask him what he misses about Louisiana he will tell you its the food. We have found a couple of places down here that are really good but the poboys are never the same, they just cant get the bread right. It took me awhile when I moved to New Orleans (I'm originally from Indiana) that everything was either North Shore, Westbank, Uptown, Mid City. There was no North, South, East or West.
I'm wondering if we can ask POFQ to pump in that fantastic French Quarter smell :joker::joker:

Love the updates but ESPECIALLY the baby Tiger! I so want to see them but not sure I'll get in another trip anytime soon while they are still small. You never know though.

I love the Dumbo pictures too...very cute!

Sorry about the rude guy at AK. I probably would have said something OUT LOUD much to the embarrassment of my kids! :)

Looks like the girls had fun at US too.

The pics of your girls at Universal have me super excited!! I was doing a little "disney math" over the weekend and realized Hilton Head Island is only 5 1/2 hours from Orlando. We have a week booked there this summer right when we get out of school, and it's already paid in full. Jimmy is SO into Harry Potter right now. He is reading his way through Book 2 at the moment and we have been watching the movies together a bit at a time. I think we are going to be able to surprise him by adding on some days to our trip to go to Universal....and you know if I'm making time and money for U/S, I MUST get a day or two at Disney World in the process!! :)

I love the baby tiger!!! I had no clue they were there or else we would have done the trail too! Man, now I'm sad! LOL.

The weather did really drop that night, I'm not surprised you guys didn't last too long at MK. We were hoping on a plane at that point but it was chilly!

Love your resort hoping pictures! I LOVED staying at AKL and can't wait to stay there again. I also want to try out WL as I think Sken would love it there.

Glad you had fun on your day at DS and the girls, although a bit frozen, enjoyed US!

So, I think I am caught up for the most part, but will probably forget all the stuff I was going to comment on. First of all, I have to ask, the ice cream that you love over at the ice cream place in HP, what does it takes like? Some of their flavors sound so yummy but I am like, hmm, what will that taste like. Love the AK photos, have never tried the Tusker House but have been hearing so many awesome things in TR's about it so I might have to add that to my list of things to do in November when we go, it will be a different trip for me as we are going as a family and won't be staying on Disney property so wasn't sure about planning any dining but might have to plan this one. The girls look like they had a great time at Universal, yeah for HP. Your pandora bracelet is so adorable, I have thought many times of starting one but so worried that something would happen to it. Your Target store is really starting to look empty, so sad to see a store like that. Hoping you are all well and recovered and I am sure you are looking forward to your upcoming trip overseas. Oh, also the puppy photo with the Eeyore in his mouth, the cutest ever!!!!!! Love it!!!!

Did you try the other items on the buffet or just the French Toast??? I didn't know that they did made to order items with the buffet? :scratchin I've also heard great things about Trails End too... One day I will get there. ::yes::
Many of the breakfast buffets will offer made to order omelets. I was surprised that the Wave had made to order French toast. I had other items on the buffet, too, since I am a bacon fiend and love having the opportunity to eat plenty of fresh fruit. :) We only manage to get to Trail's End when we are staying at Wilderness Lodge. There is a paved path between WL and FW that we love to walk when we stay there. Otherwise, it is a pain to get to Trail's End for breakfast.

We have found a couple of places down here that are really good but the poboys are never the same, they just cant get the bread right.
It is the yeast in the air that gives breads a regional flavor. That is why it is so hard to duplicate San Franscisco sourdough bread outside of the SF area, for example. I guess it is true of the bread in New Orleans. We were in N.O. for a convention one time and the food was fantastic. I can see why your husband would miss it. :)

Have so much fun on your trip!!!!! I hope you get to enjoy some sunshine and warmer temps than your last update :) Be safe!

Did your son get to see the northern lights? We have had (and is still having) great weather in January and February with a lot of opportunities to see the northern lights. If I remember correctly the weather wasn't that great in December.

He did get to see them, though he missed the tour he was supposed to do because his plane from Germany? (I think) was delayed. He asked at the hotel where he was staying where to go. I didn't realize just how far north Tromso was?

He did get to see them, though he missed the tour he was supposed to do because his plane from Germany? (I think) was delayed. He asked at the hotel where he was staying where to go. I didn't realize just how far north Tromso was?

How great that he got to see the nothern light even if he missed the tour he was supposed to take. You don't have to go out of the city to see the northern light. Tromsø is very far north. Almost 70º north. But thanks to the Gulf stream it doesn't get that cold in Tromsø, but luckily it doesn't get that warm either.

I know what you mean about your A&A bracelets -- I have one that my daughter gave me a few years ago and it has also tarnished, and I can't get it clean again. I've been disappointed. My Pandora bracelet also starts to tarnish but a quick dip in silver jewelry cleaner takes care of it. I have that same Mickey swirl head charm -- my husband gave me my bracelet as an anniversary gift and it had the Cinderella's carriage charm on it when he gave it to me (which I actually don't love -- the crown on the top of the carriage hurts if the charm rolls over and the crown pushes into my skin)...and then a dear friend gave me the Mickey swirl head silver charm and I love it. It's one of my favorites. I have two or three other Disney charms and I do love them all. I haven't gotten any of the dangling charms yet but yours is so cute that it's giving me ideas...

That Disney dress is so adorable. I've looked at them, too, but just couldn't justify spending the money on something I knew I would only ever wear in the parks, and only one day of each trip at that. But SO cute.

I'm glad the girls had a good time at US, even it was cold. I love how you and the girls make friends with cast members and they play recurring parts in your TRs -- that's so awesome! I think I'm too shy to do that...

I have only gone to the Disney outlets twice and both times parking was an absolute nightmare (as was the line)....

I can't believe they didn't have the curry salad! Bummer!

POFQ -- I love the redone food court area, and beignets...soooooo tasty! They're different from the beignets I remember having in New Orleans Square at Disneyland way back in the day, so I'm looking forward to our Disneyland trip in May to see if they still are the way I remember them and to have a lovely Mint Julep. Yum.... My girls laugh at how many "must have" foods I have on our Disney trips. LOL

I'm glad Josh and the boys got home safely ahead of the storm!

I hope you're having a great time on your trip!

We put an offer in on a house this past weekend and it was accepted. I'm still reeling, I think. We beat out a few other offers and didn't have to go much over asking price at all, which is good. It's still at the high end of what I wanted to spend, but it's definitely within budget. We will have some renovation work to do to make it our own, but this house has the potential to pretty easily be what we want it to be. We looked at one house last weekend that had done their own butcher block kitchen countertops and I just kept thinking about how gorgeous yours are and theirs weren't as nice. :-) So we'll be doing some minor demolition, renovation, and painting before we move into the house but it will be easier than doing it after we move in. Fortunately my husband, our son-in-law, and my husband's brothers are all very, very good at home renovation projects and we'll be able to do it all ourselves. Eventually we want to do some changes in the kitchen and master bathroom that will probably require professional help, but that's a bit down the road.

Enjoy your trip!

That baby tiger is just too cute!!! Lucky you got a front row seat and it came right up to you.

Love all the shirts you are making. Glad the girls has a great, but cold time at U/S. A back door in?? How lucky for them and to spend time with Santos. I was thinking about hitting the outlets in Orlando when you go since we will have the rental car. We will see when time gets closer. So nice you got to spend time with Cindy and so some shopping.

LOVE that your name was on the board at EE. I never get to have my name on anything too.

Enjoy your trip!!

Hi everyone!!! Doing a quick check-in from Florida!

Suzi and I are having a wonderful time in the warm weather... while our boys are at home living the (snow storm) dream...

F6FFE21F-42E2-4776-BE6E-BE7755CFA944.jpg

We've even managed to connect with our good friend Monica (frequent TR guest here)...

05E36A43-239E-4B4F-B2E6-DCE7785A9852.jpg

And find a bit of trouble...

8CA631CB-EB45-4541-A0BB-23482E0C80FA.jpg

0361A84D-F3C4-4DDA-AAA4-A39E9D5703D7.jpg

5F45359E-BC4D-4C83-AF75-343E81C1D0D3.jpg

And do a bit of relaxing...

130F5CF9-167D-4847-9155-1CFE5406E8F1.jpg

7921821A-87B7-41EF-BC99-772CE6EAD1E9.jpg

C8879CB4-0B21-4A51-BCB0-1B71D7061F16.jpg

Having a blast & love it here! Love relaxing! Love the WARM! And love Suzi and her family!

I hope all of you are having a fantastic weekend! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I'm glad you're enjoying the warm Florida weather. It looks like you're having a great time.
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter