~~~~~~ Sew, I was the silent partner! ~~~~~~ DLP May 2018 (Updated 8-25)

Thanks for the life update and your sewing room remodel, beautiful room and I really love that you have included inspiration in your room and the strong women in your life that have been a creative influence .I used to scrapbook and make cards but due to having to work full time to support my family my hobbies kind of fell away . I'm so glad you found a way to keep PB. I really do appreciate your updates and TRs and happy that TRs won't disappear .

I'm so glad you started a new TR. I was afraid that you had given up writing TR's. Your new sewing room looks great. Its easier to be inspired when you have a neat, organized space.

Question for you...You've always inspired me with your healthy eating but not till recently have I actually started to make changes for healthier eating. One of these is making my morning coffee more healthy. I'm not ready to give it up and I haven't added anything but some skim milk to it for years but I have recently started to drink it black with some ghee in it. Do you put anything else in yours? I'll be honest, I thought Ghee in my coffee sounded gross but I really don't even notice it!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Christine

Following along! Looking forward to another one of your trip reports. I really enjoyed the last one of yours that I read.

I am late to the party (although I had read the beginning of the report the other day), but I am here!

Glad to see the tickets be used before they expired and I did not have any trips planned this year!

I adore the new organization of the sewing room. Need someone to come do that for my whole house, lol. :rolleyes1

And wow, that last picture of Allison! She could be your twin!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Finally had a chance to pop in here and read! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

What is a coverstitch machine?

Your sewing room looks absolutely fabulous. I love how cheerful the rows of thread and your scrap jars look -- so bright and colorful! And I love the fabrics you've picked. It's such a happy room. I love the idea of framing the embroidery your Mom did -- I have an embroidered baby pillowcase that my Grandma made for me when I was born and now I know what to do with it -- thanks for the idea!

I'm glad the girls are doing well -- I'm so excited that V is looking at school and early childhood education. There is such a need for good early childhood educators. I'm sorry her car has been such a trial for her. We spent close to $1800 on Mark's car in the last month or so and I am hoping that's it for a while...I'm grateful we were able to pay cash for those repairs. (Still working hard on getting out of debt...) I understand your feelings about Allison and Gus moving out together...it's hard, but she's a great young woman with a good head on her shoulders and is such a hard worker. And the good news is that they always come home....Alyssa and Andrew were with us for most of the last two weekends and it was wonderful. They're moving to Texas in August and I'm dreading it.

I'm sorry your Dad has been in a mood and taking it out on the girls. Are these new personality changes for him? Perhaps medically-induced? I hope things improve there.

Have a great day!

Yay, im glad to see you decided to do a TR, ive been waiting. I love all the updates to your sewing room and cant wait until my very own D creation arrives in october <3

How great that you got a embroidery that your mom made framed to have in your sewing room. Your sewing room looks great.

First the eardrum in my right ear broke. It got a hole in it. It hurt like hell when it happened. When the eardrum gets a hole in it it's normal to have fluid running from your ear. Normally the fluid stops after 24 hours, but since it didn't stop I had to go to the doctor and get some medicine. It was supposed to stop a day or to later with the medicine, but the fluid kept coming for almost a week. After 6 day suddenly fluid came from my left ear. This ear didn't hurt half as much as the right one did when the eardrum broke. I went back to a doctor and the doctor said my right eardrum was no OK, but my left eardrum had a tear in it. I got some new medicine and the fluid from the left ear stopped after 2 days. I have a middle ear infection. The reason I can't hear very well now is because my eardrums can't vibrate as they should because there is fluid / bacteria behind the eardrum in the canal from the ear to the mouth. I have medicine now that is supposed to get rid of the fluid in the canal from the ear to the mouth. According to my doctor it will take 4 weeks for the fluid to go away and my ears to get back to normal.

Luckily we managed to do the things in Germany we wanted to do despite my ear infection. My next trip with a plane is in late August and in the middle of September. I really hope my ears are back to normal so I'm allowed to fly again for those trips.

Thank you!

Oh Lillian - I cannot even imagine how painful that must have been. I hope you are in less pain now.

Hopefully your ears are better in time for your next trip!

Your sewing room looks great! It's inspiring me to do something with my craft/chill out room.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I've been missing all of your updates.

THanks! Enjoy re-doing it! I am enjoying mine so much!

Thanks - I am trying! Because of the Iphone/Photobucket file incompatability (All photos upload as videos - which means they don't upload at all) - I had to reset my settings, so everything from here forward should upload properly, but all of my trip pictures - I have to email to myself, then save to my computer, then upload to PB... It's sort of a hassle. Thankfully - this official TR is only 2 days long. LOL

I was looking forward to the stories to go with your decorations. I’m also super happy for your trip report! The non Disney parts too.

Hahaha - yah, I always tell more of the story here. :lovestruc

I am looking forward to sharing it!

Thanks for the life update and your sewing room remodel, beautiful room and I really love that you have included inspiration in your room and the strong women in your life that have been a creative influence .I used to scrapbook and make cards but due to having to work full time to support my family my hobbies kind of fell away . I'm so glad you found a way to keep PB. I really do appreciate your updates and TRs and happy that TRs won't disappear .

THank you! I knew I had to include them... I've always had most of those things in my sewing room - but not displayed like this. It was fun to incorporate them more prominently into my space. :) That happens, hopefully one day you will get back to some of your hobbies. :hug:

I am relieved that my TRs won't disappear too... I put a lot of work into all of them - it's just a relief to me that they will continue on. :lovestruc

I'm so glad you started a new TR. I was afraid that you had given up writing TR's. Your new sewing room looks great. Its easier to be inspired when you have a neat, organized space.

Question for you...You've always inspired me with your healthy eating but not till recently have I actually started to make changes for healthier eating. One of these is making my morning coffee more healthy. I'm not ready to give it up and I haven't added anything but some skim milk to it for years but I have recently started to drink it black with some ghee in it. Do you put anything else in yours? I'll be honest, I thought Ghee in my coffee sounded gross but I really don't even notice it!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Christine

Hah - well I almost did. Happy to be back! Although it will be a couple years before my next trip - so I may be taking another break from the Dis once this TR is finished?

Thanks! I am so happy to have it reorganized... Now I have to remember where I put everything. LOL

I've tried many things in my coffee... I can't do any type of fat (coconut oil, ghee...) it coats my throat strangely and I cough constantly... So as much as I'd love to love it - I can't stand the tickle in my throat. Currently, I put a bit of honey and half * half... I try really hard to limit it though.

Thanks! I did! I hope you did too?

Following along! Looking forward to another one of your trip reports. I really enjoyed the last one of yours that I read.

Welcome! Happy to have you here and following along! :)

I am late to the party (although I had read the beginning of the report the other day), but I am here!

Glad to see the tickets be used before they expired and I did not have any trips planned this year!

I adore the new organization of the sewing room. Need someone to come do that for my whole house, lol. :rolleyes1

And wow, that last picture of Allison! She could be your twin!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Nah - you should know by now... You are never late here. ;) Glad to have you any time you can come! :hug:

We were happy to be able to use them! :lovestruc

LOL Yah - it was a huge project... I didn't take any before pictures - but it was terrible. It's a small room and it was even smaller before I cleaned it. :scratchin

Hahaha... Yah we get that a lot... Sometimes she enjoys it and other times it annoys her... Especially when people think SHE is the mom. LOL Though I am getting more and more wrinkles, so that is happening less and less. ::yes::

I can't wait to tell about it... I have to get my pictures uploaded. I was working on that this morning, but I have having some technical difficulties.

Finally had a chance to pop in here and read! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Yay!!! Welcome Ariana! :hug:

What is a coverstitch machine?

Your sewing room looks absolutely fabulous. I love how cheerful the rows of thread and your scrap jars look -- so bright and colorful! And I love the fabrics you've picked. It's such a happy room. I love the idea of framing the embroidery your Mom did -- I have an embroidered baby pillowcase that my Grandma made for me when I was born and now I know what to do with it -- thanks for the idea!

I'm glad the girls are doing well -- I'm so excited that V is looking at school and early childhood education. There is such a need for good early childhood educators. I'm sorry her car has been such a trial for her. We spent close to $1800 on Mark's car in the last month or so and I am hoping that's it for a while...I'm grateful we were able to pay cash for those repairs. (Still working hard on getting out of debt...) I understand your feelings about Allison and Gus moving out together...it's hard, but she's a great young woman with a good head on her shoulders and is such a hard worker. And the good news is that they always come home....Alyssa and Andrew were with us for most of the last two weekends and it was wonderful. They're moving to Texas in August and I'm dreading it.

I'm sorry your Dad has been in a mood and taking it out on the girls. Are these new personality changes for him? Perhaps medically-induced? I hope things improve there.

Have a great day!

Well... A serger does most of the seams on garments you purchase in the store... A Cover Stitch is a totally separate machine - it looks like a serger on the outside (I"ll be posting a picture of mine below), but if you look at the hems of your tee shirts and almost any other top in your closet, you will see a double row of stitching on the top of your hems, and a weave on the bottom... This is done by a cover Stitch machine... And this is now something I can do! :woohoo: It makes hemming super easy!

Thanks!!! The sewing room overhaul was definitely overdue. I had been making do with old shelving for years - and it was adequate for a while, but I'd say, the last 5 years - it was way too small. It's so nice to have it all on proper shelves and organized... It's so much easier to find everything! ::yes::

Thank you... Yes... V's car died officially yesterday, it's not coming back. Very sad, as she sunk SO much $$ into it... Hopefully it's a lesson learned though.

Glad you have the kids home for now... It will be so sad when they are so far away. Hopefully you will still be able to see eachother often.

WTG cash flowing the repairs to Mark's car... Mine goes in tomorrow - oil change and I think I need new front brakes too... It will be cash flowed. The hardest part is that V and I are sharing a car for the time being - so logistics are a nightmare. Especially this Friday... I need my car, and she took a shift at a different daycare center - which is 40 miles away - she did this before her car died... So... Guess who gets to make 2 40 mile round trips in one day? Sigh. It's possible she will have a new car by then though - she has been saving - so she has cash in hand to buy. We'll see?

I am not sure if they are new personality changes for him? I don't think so? Now that he is doing it - it's bringing back memories of growing up... I think I'd forgotten how difficult he could be at times. Sigh. It's tough. We are just trying to do our best. :lovestruc

Thanks! You too! :hug:

Yay, im glad to see you decided to do a TR, ive been waiting. I love all the updates to your sewing room and cant wait until my very own D creation arrives in october <3

Welcome!!! Happy to have you here and following! Thanks! I had so much fun updating my sewing room! And I actually enjoy going up there to work now - LOL - I always have... but it's sure nicer when it's cleaned and properly organized! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************************

Well... We've had a busy few days...

On Thursday - I think? - V called me on her lunch break and said her car wasn't starting (This has been happening a lot over the last few weeks). So, I drove over to her work - I told myself on the way, if I could get it started, I was driving it straight to the shop. I got there - and the darned thing started right up, so I drove it straight to the shop (which was only about a mile away)... Our mechanic has been very busy, but he was finally able to look at it yesterday and determined it was dead beyond repair. So, V is car shopping... Such a anxiety inducing thing for us - and something we all hate to do. Hopefully she finds something good and reliable within her budget... She had been saving - so at least there's that. Wish her (and us) luck. Until then, we are car sharing... Sigh.

Josh did finish hanging the shelving in my sewing room this weekend- so, he is mostly done up there. All I have left for him to do is to cut part of my cork board to a different size, so I can wrap it with fabric and make it look pretty. And all of the remaining stuff is my responsibility... New curtains and accessories mainly... But that won't happen for quite some time. For now, here's pictures of the mostly finished room...

Overall view from the doorway... And my machines.

F385773F-58CD-4047-A49C-63585D9316A3.jpg

My new shelf and my rails with buckets and hooks... Plus my cutting counter. (FYI - the frames don't have pictures in them yet - they are just the display pics, LOL)

2C411F89-63C8-4DC4-8C2F-B4F3B94C6E41.jpg

And then turning just to the left of this (the door to the room is just to the left of the cork board)... This is my packing counter. I don't often show this part of the room, because it is often the messiest. But now I have shelves to organize my ribbon (it used to just sit on the counter and fall all over)... Plus my packing supplies... In the bucket is a bunch of scissors and pens/markers... I do have a bit of clutter to contain here yet and I also need to do something to declutter this cork board - it's a disaster and I don't like it. I may find a basket to put some of the cards in - or rearrange them so they look nicer??? I haven't decided yet... but there's still work to do in this area for me. ::yes::

AF547570-74C0-4F34-B221-96AF50E400F0.jpg

All of this sewing room reorganization was because of this machine right here... My new cover stitch machine. I've been wanting one of these for years, and I am so excited to have it! It arrived yesterday and I got to play with it for about an hour last night - long enough to make sure it worked, basically... That, and long enough to realize that my next purchase for my sewing room WILL be a new serger... as the difference between the quality of my Brother vs the quality of the Juki is amazing. While there is nothing wrong with my brother at all... my serger is known for being "clunky" when it runs... so a Juki serger is the next thing I am saving for. Anyways - here's the new machine! :lovestruc

5DE52233-6149-4563-BA8A-ECA885716889.jpg

With the new machine - I had to order new thread... and while I was at it - I bit the bullet and ordered new thread for my serger too... Which equals 8+ cones of each color... I guess I really had no idea how much space these cones would take up... So now I have to find a place for them. LOL I didn't plan that part out very well.

453AEEE6-7E1F-4CC2-8DE5-F55D005D065F.jpg

B499EB2B-B53B-4D7C-8AD7-2A616273F52F.jpg

Hopefully I will get more time to play with my new machine in the coming weeks!

Now that my sewing room is done - we've started the next project scheduled for this spring/summer - our deck & yard. Technically the deck was the only thing scheduled for this spring - but then I slid my sewing room in there... So, now we are back to our original plan. Not looking forward to this project. Well, I am looking forward to having it nice when we are done - but I am not looking forward to all of the work to get it to that point. We've been saving up for new patio furniture - as our chairs are 14 years old and the webbing is disintegrating very quickly now... We are down 1 chair and 2 more aren't far behind... So I am pretty excited about that part of it. ::yes::

Not much else is newsworthy...

I hope to get my first update done here yet this week - I was going to start on it this morning, and then I was having technical difficulties - so I will try again later.

Wishing you all a great week! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

It's funny, but reading through your sewing post is almost like reading a foreign language. :rotfl: I know nothing about sewing so I have no idea what all the different machines do or what all the supplies are for exactly. Probably would be like me trying to explain my accounting job. :rotfl2: But I still find it fascinating to read about even if I don't fully understand.

I'm so sorry that V's car is beyond repair. Crossing my fingers she will find a good car that she can afford soon.

Congratulation with your new machine. I hope you get time to play with it some more in the next days.

My ears doesn't hurt so much now. But since I have something blocking the ear behind the eardrum on both ears I can hardly hear anything. It's not fun since I'm addicted to sound to get my thoughts to be quiet because of my ADHD. I'm crossing my fingers that the doctor is right in that it will take a month until my ears are normal again. I'm counting the days.

It took me a bit, but I am finally her and super excited to hear about DLP! So much is going on, we just did some budget car shopping for our oldest daughter, ugh! I feel your pain, best of luck V! On another note, your sewing room looks fabulous!

I am so excited you are writing another TR! I have read all of yours...commented infrequently...but I really appreciate your writing style and your love of life! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trips and life with us. I know it's time consuming, but your memories are worth a billion times that! Thank you!

New Person-You had me at sewing.
My NYE resolution 2 years ago, was to learn to sew.
My local library had a program in the summer and it was to teach people how to use a sewing machine.
So, I am slowly learning.

If you are as much fun as describing your sewing room, I am looking forward to your TR.

Ohmari

Finally found my way back...Life has been busy and so has work. Glad the girls are doing well and i'm sorry about V's car - that sucks. Charlie and I are starting to plan our European trip next year - after I retire. Can't wait.

It's funny, but reading through your sewing post is almost like reading a foreign language. :rotfl: I know nothing about sewing so I have no idea what all the different machines do or what all the supplies are for exactly. Probably would be like me trying to explain my accounting job. :rotfl2: But I still find it fascinating to read about even if I don't fully understand.

I know, I know... I am sorry. LOL I just get so excited about this space! I spend so much time here and to have it so clean and organized is A) Rare and B) Rare. LOL I am glad it's a little fascinating for you. ::yes::

I'm so sorry that V's car is beyond repair. Crossing my fingers she will find a good car that she can afford soon.

Congratulation with your new machine. I hope you get time to play with it some more in the next days.

My ears doesn't hurt so much now. But since I have something blocking the ear behind the eardrum on both ears I can hardly hear anything. It's not fun since I'm addicted to sound to get my thoughts to be quiet because of my ADHD. I'm crossing my fingers that the doctor is right in that it will take a month until my ears are normal again. I'm counting the days.

Thanks - yesterday was car hunting day for us - and it didn't go well at all... A lot of miles on my car and nothing to be found. We did learn a few things though - and we did find one good potential candidate last night, Josh is taking a half-day today and we are going to go test drive it. Fingers crossed!

Thanks - I haven't been able to touch it since the night I got it and I likely won't get to now for a while.... I am still super excited to have it though!

I am glad that your ears don't hurt so much now... Hopefully you'll get your hearing back soon. At least we can still communicate this way! :lovestruc

It took me a bit, but I am finally her and super excited to hear about DLP! So much is going on, we just did some budget car shopping for our oldest daughter, ugh! I feel your pain, best of luck V! On another note, your sewing room looks fabulous!

Yay!!! Welcome!

Thanks - it hasn't been a fun experience so far, but we remain hopeful that we will find something for her.

Thanks! I am really loving it - it's so nice and organized now - which makes my time up there quite efficient. Who knew? :lmao:

I am so excited you are writing another TR! I have read all of yours...commented infrequently...but I really appreciate your writing style and your love of life! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trips and life with us. I know it's time consuming, but your memories are worth a billion times that! Thank you!

Welcome back!!! Thanks! Hahahaha - I just write like I am talking... So... Well... The title of this TR... :scratchin

Always happy to share!

New Person-You had me at sewing.
My NYE resolution 2 years ago, was to learn to sew.
My local library had a program in the summer and it was to teach people how to use a sewing machine.
So, I am slowly learning.

If you are as much fun as describing your sewing room, I am looking forward to your TR.

Ohmari

Welcome! I think you followed my last TR too??? Well, at the beginning anyways - I know you said hello, but I am not sure if you came back to finish it? LOL No worries, happy to have you here again!

Yay for learning to sew! It's so fun isn't it??? I love to create - I think it keeps me sane? Well, that's the hope anyways... The effects remain to be seen, I guess? LOL

Hahaha - thanks! I'll do my best!

I love your sewing room and your sewing abilities! I would love to learn to sew!

Thanks! It's never too late to learn! I was 35 when I taught myself how to sew - I never knew it would become this though... I just wanted to make a few doll dresses for my girls... And now... LOL It's pretty much my life. :lovestruc

Finally found my way back...Life has been busy and so has work. Glad the girls are doing well and i'm sorry about V's car - that sucks. Charlie and I are starting to plan our European trip next year - after I retire. Can't wait.

Yay Tess!!! So excited for you!!! Retirement and and trip to Europe!!! I can't wait to hear where you are going>>>> :woohoo:

**************************************************************************************************************

I'll try to be quick today, as I want to get my first trip update done too - even if it's a semi-short one...

Car shopping for V... Didn't go so well... We found 6 duds... One of which, our mechanic took for a test drive and told us to take it back immediately (don't accelerate too fast and don't go over 50 mph :eek: ) I guess there was such a bad knock in the motor, it was ready to blow at any moment! (You could only hear it while revving the engine or going over 65 mph...) YIKES! The other 5 cars didn't even make it to the mechanic... But at the last minute last night, we found one last potential candidate for the day... Josh is taking a half-day today to go with me to test drive it while V is at work - to see if it's even worth it for her to test tonight... We'll see... I am hopeful - it's the same dealership we purchased my car from 7 years ago - and they have a very well maintained reputation in the area. ::yes::

Ummm... Oh - we are back to working on our original spring/summer project (we were working on it before my sewing room took over)... Our deck.... Yah - it's rough... Lots of work to be done there! :eek: We are hoping to have it mostly done by the end of July. :scratchin I did order our new furniture for out there though - I am pretty excited about that... We've been limping ours along now for several summers. And after spending our time at BMTL's - and their AMAZING outdoor space... I just KNEW we needed to finish ours too - I miss all of the time we used to spend out there... Anyways, the new furniture which should be here any day (and that we will need to store for a bit, until our deck is done).

Dining set:

AF5C6285-FEB9-46FD-931F-83768FCA00F3.jpg

Living set:

B0712C2B-9F66-4F11-BEF9-3D493F06AEAB.jpg

And the rocker to go with it:

0D47012B-C0AA-4E4E-A3B7-D9BBEB461560.jpg

And that's it... I think this is our last project for the year? I hope.

OK - I'll be back with my first TR update too... Give me a bit though. :lovestruc

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :hug:

D~

Day 1 Part 1

Friday, May 25, 2018

I do have to give a brief synopsis of the previous days to you all - just to put this into a little perspective...

On Tuesday, May 22 - the family... Brian, Myrthe, Thomas, Lara, Josh and I drove from their house in the Netherlands to the Normandy, France area... This drive took us roughly 10 hours... 2 cars... One nightmare Burger King/McDonalds parking experience... 80+ bathroom stops... A few kid/car swaps... Overall - just a LOT of fun! While in France, Myrthe had to work... While the rest of us toured the area... And since B & M had just been there the previous year - Brian knew just the best of the best spots to see - so we really had the highlighted tour. It was incredible! Amazing! I may do a couple of more detailed posts about this later...

Anyways - on Friday morning (early), Myrthe and I said our goodbyes to our boys and the Little Lady... They were heading back home, and Myrthe and I were heading East to Paris.

We left our hotel at 0'dark 30, and began our drive in the fog of France... Her GPS was telling us it was about 4 hours door to door.

We drove.

And we drove.

And we drove.

Still driving.

Driving some more.

Oooh - a sign I thought I would NEVER see in my lifetime!

9F993BE5-22EB-452D-A6D9-0EA15219CB3A.jpg

PARIS!!!! Seriously!!!!! On a road sign!!!! OK - I know, I know... But I grew up in a small town in Minnesota... Paris - or even France - for that matter, it just never even occurred to me that I would ever see it with my own eyes one day. :lovestruc

Still driving...

Yup - lots of miles... Poor Myrthe... I couldn't even take over. Well, I *could* have... but it wasn't wise.

Ooooh - another sign... (yes, not only can I not drive, but I cannot even take a good sign photo) :whatever:

CB02E4CC-4918-4B0B-80DB-CA5625C805BC.jpg

PARIS!!!!!

This is as close as I got to the Eiffel Tower... Ahhh - but I got a glimpse of it!!!! :woohoo:

3A3FFB26-33BB-4F0A-BBF5-A554574C4A4E.jpg

We are getting close now! You can see the Disney Hotel waaaaay off in the distance!

36261912_10217192043621954_71552497293983744_n.jpg

Yay!!!!! The photo we all hope to get - Paris style!

36308680_10217192044101966_3721812521758228480_n.jpg

We have arrived! Gates opened at 10 am and I believe it was 10:06 when we pulled into our spot. Not too bad!

Finding a parking spot was easy...

I donned my Ears and my park bag...

36277985_10217192044541977_6417232639794610176_n.jpg

Myrthe donned her park bag...

And on to the endless moving sidewalks we went...

36252554_10217192044581978_8209218528989937664_n.jpg

And then through bag check...

36234099_10217192045301996_2730569400242405376_n.jpg

Oooh - The Disney Hotel... It's just beautiful!!! It's like Boardwalk and Grand Floridian combined - but pink. :lovestruc

36318880_10217192045862010_6507801006007386112_n.jpg

So, in order to redeem our park tickets from Lynn, we had to go to Guest Services... Which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem - but as I suspected, due to the time of day - it would be a bit of a wait. And it was, it took us about an hour to get to the front of the line - and the first half of our wait was in the sun - so it was quite hot. When it was finally our turn, I tried to get that day's tickets and also our next day's tickets redeemed at the same time - but that wasn't allowed. We would have to wait in line again the next morning for that day's tickets. OK... Myrthe and I planned... We could be there much earlier, and hopefully not have to spend so much time in line.

As a side note... (and the explanation for the title of this TR) Every CM at DLP is *required* to be able to speak and communicate in English... So, even though I am terrible with understanding accents - it was fairly easy for me to communicate here. However... the biggest issue... Both Josh and I came down with quite the nasty cold shortly after our arrival... We weren't feeling too badly - other than a nasty sounding cough - but the morning Myrthe and I left for DLP - I came down with laryngitis. So, our entire trip to DLP - Myrthe lovingly referred to me as "her silent partner"... There was a lot of non-sign language being used... and me communicating to Myrthe ahead of time, so she could talk for me at places... Lots of Myrthe saying "huh?" "what?" "repeat that." Or just laughing hysterically at me, as the louder I tried to talk, the louder I squeaked. :lmao:

TIckets in hand... We were bound for Main Street... and no plan. My goal here - was to see and do what couldn't be seen and done in WDW. That was it. And to wander... I love to wander.

36275759_10217192045982013_4857431299641573376_n.jpg

36366296_10217192046422024_6203329361349705728_n.jpg

Coming in to DLP - it's just like standing on Main Street in Florida... A smidge smaller... Less crowded... The aura is the same and the smells are the same... Less strollers... and not a single scooter to be seen anywhere. The Castle is different. And just as beautiful.

36340498_10217192048462075_4729724832256622592_n.jpg

Some fun topiaries all around... Bert and Mary...

36330897_10217192047102041_7922682818084208640_n.jpg

And a bunch of Main Street... In no particular order.

36302190_10217192047702056_7239766164568539136_n.jpg

36287249_10217192049182093_1141756724235993088_n.jpg

36276623_10217192050142117_3544905331391856640_n.jpg

36253211_10217192049582103_6104417110631383040_n.jpg

Just as we came in, we noticed that everyone was lining up for the parade... Oooh - a Disney Parade! Yay! :woohoo:

Myrthe and I grabbed a spot, a front row spot at that, we didn't have to wait long.​

Link to Day 1, Part 2

D~

Last edited:
First, how CUTE is that ticket! And so sorry you had to exchange them at Guest Services. Even before Magic Bands and MDE, there was always a specific line you would enter through with those tickets.

So it smells like Main Street USA Florida, huh?

You know some of us would have been highly entertained by your trying to communicate with Myrthe...I probably would have started making things up for you, just because I could, lol.

Great start! Can't wait to see the parade with you!

Car shopping for V... Didn't go so well... We found 6 duds..

Yuck! Sorry you didn't have any luck.

Josh is taking a half-day today to go with me to test drive it while V is at work

Oh! Fingers crossed this one works out for you!

Anyways, the new furniture which should be here any day

Love the new furniture!

It was incredible! Amazing! I may do a couple of more detailed posts about this later...

I really hope that you do some posts about your non-Disney time overseas. I for one would love to read about it.

OK - I know, I know... But I grew up in a small town in Minnesota... Paris - or even France - for that matter, it just never even occurred to me that I would ever see it with my own eyes one day.

Totally understand where you are coming from here!

Yay!!!!! The photo we all hope to get - Paris style!

OK, this one is amazing and brought tears to my eyes. :lovestruc

Oooh - The Disney Hotel... It's just beautiful!!!

Definitely beautiful!

I came down with laryngitis. So, our entire trip to DLP - Myrthe lovingly referred to me as "her silent partner"

OK so I felt bad at first that you were sick but then I was :rotfl:reading about you trying to communicate.

Just as we came in, we noticed that everyone was lining up for the parade... Oooh - a Disney Parade! Yay!

Whoo!! A Disney parade. Can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm so sorry that the car shopping for V didn't go well. Crossing my fingers that you will find a good car soon.

I'm so sorry to hear you almost lost your voice when going to DLP.
Sounds like you still had a good start to your DLP day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter