Severe Milk Allergy --Question

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Hello,

We're planning our very first trip to DW in November. We're all so very excited. My oldest boy, 8 and youngest boy, 2 have severe milk, eggs and peanut allergies. My question -- has anyone seen a restaurant that serves Soy ice cream or Tofu ice cream or Rice Dream Ice cream??? Thank you.

Great ?! I hope someone knows the answer to this one! My son has the same problem with milk and he would love to join in and have an soy-ice cream!

:bounce:

Call ahead to the restaurants that you are visiting....they will accomodate you. My daughter has a milk allergy, son has a peanut allergy. When we made PS's we had it noted on the reservations about the allergies. To take it a step further with some restuarants, for the Ice Cream Social, I called the day before (again) ...they put me in touch with the chef. He said that they had rice dream in the resuaturant and would make her a special sundae. On t he day of, he personally came out to the table to speak to me about her sundae...and than he personally delivered the sundae to our table. He said that most of the restaurants do have access to rice dream , you just really need to call in advance and let them know. (and just to be on the safe side, do like I do...and call again the day before. I have it noted on all PS's, but only call again for certain meals, like the Ice cream social or the kids events that I won't be in attendance for to monitor the food, such as the Pirate cruise or the Wonderland tea party)
With my sons peanut allergy, I was nervous about the pirate cruise, since I would not be with him. I called several times, and than mentioned it again when I dropped him off....instead of peanut butter, they gave him a different kind of sandwich. ALSO...for my daughter at the Wonderland tea party,they reserved a special chair right next to Alice, so that she would not be given anything with milk. I have found disney to be VERY accomodating with food allergies....any other questions, please feel free to PM me!!!!

You can relax at Disney. We have a gluten allergy in my family and they are more than accommodating. Just make sure that you mention it at the time of your reservation and they will make note of it and give you the chefs # to call before you arrive. I called them all and spoke to each chef and then when you enter the restaurant they have it noted and have the chef come over to your table to see what he can make for you. They HAVE to special deliver it to you themselves. I found that out on this trip. I thought that it was so nice of them to deliver it by themselves and the waitress told me that they have to.

Originally posted by mrsboz
They HAVE to special deliver it to you themselves. I found that out on this trip. I thought that it was so nice of them to deliver it by themselves and the waitress told me that they have to.

I didn't realize that they had to deliver it to you.....I just thought that the Chef was going above and beyond. Either way, it made me (and my daughter) quite happy!!!!

I didn't know that they had to deliver either until this trip. I thought that that was interesting to know. They are so great that they will make whatever they can to please. They always give a choice of safe foods. I feel so good at Disney having my child eat what he could never had elsewhere. They will go out of their way to accommodate.

Disney is the only place where they will understand your allergies and concerns. Just be sure to call ahead and let them know. They do go the extra mile.

What a great relief to hear your comments. I also checked out a website (you already may know about this) peanutallergy.org about Disney and they echoed your comments and even mentioned there's a tofutti ice cream stand in MK.

By the way, we're a military family too, well actually, my husband is now retired Navy and we'll be staying at the SOG in November (our first ever real family vacation). We may went to go back every 18 months!

I love this website. I checked it out everyday and get my Disney FIX for the day. Everyone is so friendly. I'm still learning all these "bells and whistles". You mentioned PM -- I don't know what that is?

Have a great magical day!:Pinkbounc :wave:

Thanks everyone for your awesome replies!

Can someone explain to me what Rice Dream is? It's an ice cream I'm guessing? I looked in the grocery store yesterday and couldn't find anything!

Where do you buy it and does anyone know a brand name?

Thanks in advance!:bounce:

Originally posted by SeeDisney
. You mentioned PM -- I don't know what that is?

Have a great magical day!:Pinkbounc :wave:

You can private message people on these boards., just click on the pm tab beneath their post!

Originally posted by alacazander

Can someone explain to me what Rice Dream is? It's an ice cream I'm guessing? I looked in the grocery store yesterday and couldn't find anything!

Where do you buy it and does anyone know a brand name?

rice Dream is a brand. they make rice milk and non-dairy ice cream made from Rice Milk. My daughter loves it. she also love tofutti, whihc is made from tofu!

I buy Rice Dream at an organic food store called Whole Foods.

Originally posted by SeeDisney
What a great relief to hear your comments. I also checked out a website (you already may know about this) peanutallergy.org about Disney and they echoed your comments and even mentioned there's a tofutti ice cream stand in MK.

OMG....I didn't know this....where in the Magic Kingdom....this would totally thrill my daughter!!!!!!!!!!

This is great information, thanks everyone for posting about it.
My son will be thrilled to hear this. Now I just need to get on the phone and add notes to our PS.

MBW,

I remember seeing it at a website (I believe peanutallergy.org) from a link from it and they mentioned it was on Main Street, Magic Kingdom.

I hope it's TRUE! ::yes::

My daughter was also very allergic to dairy. All of the restaurants at WDW were able to accomodate her needs, often with several choices. When we spoke to one of the food managers of MK and Epcot, she even went cart by cart telling us which foods were okay. She was even as specific as telling us which products had possible cross contamination. We had a few last minute PS that were not alerted in advance to our needs. This was no problem. The chefs were more than gracious to accomodate our wishes. The ice cream parlor on Main Street have different flavors of Rice Dream available, and will take the time to get a different ice cream scoop to serve with. WDW is very sensitive to allergies, especially with children.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

We have been loyal Disney fans for years and especially now with our 4 year old son who is allergic to milk, peanut and tree nuts. I consider myself very knowledgeable about safe places to eat around Disney, but I did not know that Main Street sold Tofutti and Rice Dream Ice Cream. I almost cried this morning when I read that. I told my son and we just did a happy dance in the kitchen since we leave for our latest trip in 18 days!!!!

When we were there in January we ate at Chef Mickey's and he was served a Tofutti chocolate sundae with a new bottle of hershey's syrup. We are going to try the ice cream social on this trip (will call ahead, already noted on PS) and Donald's Breakfastsaurus.

I continue to learn more and more from these boards, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter