• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Settlement Trading Post Groceries

ArcticCat

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a more exact list of the groceries sold in the Trading Post?

This may sound a bit anal... I am just trying to "persuade" the wife to go with camping over a resort hotel.

We also want to try not to get a rental car, otherwise I'd just head to a grocery store. Flying In.

Ken

They have a pretty good supply of basic groceries, but it would be pretty expensive to do all your grocery shopping there. There is at least one grocery store that delivers to the fort, but I can't remember which one. Do a search on this forum for grocery stores that deliver, this has been discussed several times and it might be in the FAQ section. I'm sure there are quite a few posters who will be able to help you.

Here is a starter list.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2830437&highlight=prices

This is from allears
\
The Settlement Trading Post is across from Trail's End and Crockett's Tavern. It features: Fort Wilderness souvenirs, Disney Merchandise, pin trading, Health & Beauty Supplies, Photo Supplies, Sporting Goods, Kid's Goods, Women's Goods, Baby Goods, beer and other alcoholic beverages, and groceries (milk, bread, juice, cereal, sandwich meats, bacon, sausage, eggs, canned vegetables, frozen dinners, pizza, stuff for spaghetti, chips, hot dogs, etc.)

The Meadow Trading Post is located at the Meadow Recreation Area in the center of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. It has a small parking lot available for cars across the street from the store. It features the same items as The Settlement Trading Post, but it also has: camping supplies (including propane tanks, sewage hoses, etc.); a deli, video rental, and an expanded selection of Fort Wilderness souvenirs. The Meadow Trading Post is also easier to navigate in if you are using a wheelchair or electric conveyance vehicle.

I think you might be better off with gardengrocer.com. Just do your shopping online before you visit and set up a delivery time.

Have lots of the basic things, breakfast fixings, picnic, etc. Was just looking at prices for kicks, and you don't want to do your shopping there - just odds & ends forgotten items! Here now, but can't go take pictures - sorry :)

We figure we will do about 4 dinners and 4 breakfast, with the rest of the meals on property (Princess, Character, Epcot). That being said, I checked the prices at those online shopping stores that deliver and it doesn't seem worth it with the prices. Gallon of Milk 4.59, ect. Then you add on the $20-$30 fee(s).... Would it really be cheaper then the fort store?

What I'm getting at is the prices are marked up at the online/delivery places + the delivery fee, you're not coming out ahead, or much nayway depending on how much you buy.Maybe I'm off on this or missing something here.

Let me add, if they don't carry something, then it might be worth the online grocery... but I don't know that without the list of items at the post.

Ken

Instead of buying food at the Fort stores or delivery I'd get the dining plan. I bet that would persuade the Mrs.

I'll add that they do have Lunchables there, too. That one item completely saved a day for us last week, so it is definitely a good place to go in an "emergency".

You might also want to check the companies that drive you to and from the airport...I know when we thought the grocery delivery prices were high, there were several that offered 1 free stop at a grocery store before they drop you off at the resort!

You might also want to check the companies that drive you to and from the airport...I know when we thought the grocery delivery prices were high, there were several that offered 1 free stop at a grocery store before they drop you off at the resort!

My DD has Boardwalk DVC and this is what she does - loves it!

Crocketts tavern has some take out food for breakfast and dinners. They have some breakfast sandwiches and some other stuff. I know for dinners they have a fried chicken dinner that my family of four could not finish. And i believe it was around $15. Pretty good pizza too. All you do is walk up order and bring it back to your camper or cabin.

That may be an option for a couple dinners and breakfasts. That with picking up some eggs and bacon at the outpost to cook at the cabin would be cheaper than renting a car or paying for grocery delivery.

Here are some proces I got in October: (I took pictures, but it's quicker to write the prices down than to upload and post the pictures! Thought I had more but I guess not!)

$7.95 25 ft light duty extension cord Orange (I wonder if they mispriced it)
$7.95 12 ft light duty
extension cord White
$2.95 60watt bulb (one!)
$2.95 1/2 Gallon skim milk (Borden brand)
$15.00 6pk beer tins
$5.75 single beer bottled
$5.95 Smoked ham, 7oz (=198g)
$4.95 Washed bagged Romaine Lettuce 7.6oz (= 215 g)

I did have a car (amazing rate w/ Dollar rental of $10 a day!), and did make a trip offsite.
A couple other options include:
- While at Downtown Disney or anywhere near Boardwalk Villas (across from Disney Hollywood Studios), walking across the street to one of the Hess Service Stations for some lower priced staples.
- From Downtown Disney, walking to Goodings (or by Goodings, walking north 1 km to Winn Dixie), and getting a cab back w/ groceries (cab to DTD or back to campsite...)

Here are some proces I got in October: (I took pictures, but it's quicker to write the prices down than to upload and post the pictures! Thought I had more but I guess not!)

$7.95 25 ft light duty extension cord Orange (I wonder if they mispriced it)
$7.95 12 ft light duty
extension cord White
$2.95 60watt bulb (one!)
$2.95 1/2 Gallon skim milk (Borden brand)
$15.00 6pk beer tins
$5.75 single beer bottled
$5.95 Smoked ham, 7oz (=198g)
$4.95 Washed bagged Romaine Lettuce 7.6oz (= 215 g)

I can add some items to this list:

Smuckers uncrustables, $2.50 each

Other items I noticed, but not the prices:
Hamburger and hot dog rolls, bread
otis spunkmeyer muffins individually wrapped
smartfood popcorn
Chef Mickey Mac N Cheese kit
Ice Cream pops

A couple other options include:
- While at Downtown Disney or anywhere near Boardwalk Villas (across from Disney Hollywood Studios), walking across the street to one of the Hess Service Stations for some lower priced staples.
- From Downtown Disney, walking to Goodings (or by Goodings, walking north 1 km to Winn Dixie), and getting a cab back w/ groceries (cab to DTD or back to campsite...)

I second Foggy's suggestion about the Hess Stations. They are lower than the Trading Posts at the Fort and you probably find yourself going by either one (DTD or DHS) frequently during your stay.

Personally I can confirm their beer prices are reasonable. :drinking1

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter