Service men/women to Keep in our Prayers...feel free to add to the list

One of my closest friends, Brooke Gunn, leaves in the next week. She has a one year old daughter so this is going to be hard on the whole family.

My Brother... Alex... Army 82nd Airborne

DHs best friend and Academy Roommate... Dustin... Navy IA billet headed to Baghdad in November

Best friends' brother and sister-in-law... 4th tour in Iraq... Army Infantry and Medical Corp (respectively)

All those with whom DH has gone to school with and served with

All those with whom my brother has gone through bootcamp and serves with

For all those families who sacrifice so much so that their loved ones may serve and protect out freedoms. Thank you.

I have a prayer request...
Just a little background...
My DBIL is in the Army, and is currently serving in Iraq.
His wife, my DS, is in Germany with their 18-month-old daughter.
He is due to come "home" (back to Germany) to be with his wife and daughter in just a little over a month. They will probably remain in Germany for another year or two, and then he will be hopefully stationed back here in the States soon after that.
She called today because she got a call from him. He told her (what limited info he could give her over the phone) that he will be headed out first thing in the morning for what he called "the most dangerous mission he's been on yet". All he could really say was that it's in the same area where his unit lost three men last time they were there. And he told her that he has a really bad feeling about this, and that he wanted to call and talk to her and the baby before he goes. "Just in case", he said.
This really worries me because he's famous for downplaying his danger in order to keep my DS from worrying. So if he's expressing concern for his safety, then he must really be in danger.
I know that all of our service men and women need our prayers all the time, and I know we all just want our loved ones home safe and sound, but if you could just maybe put an extra little word for him and his unit, that would be great!
Thank you all! :grouphug:

Galahad said:
DNephew reports for Marine Corp boot camp tomorrow. DSis is nervous but we are all proud of him!!!!

Got a letter from our Nephew. He's pretty home sick and says all they do is drill all day "except when they throw in some stupid **** just to annoy is". He's not done with boot camp until November so he's probably right "on schedule". ;)

What a wonderful thread!

My husband was AD Army for 10 and is now with the AZ National Guard.
E Co. 1/285th Avn. Bn.
Ft. Hood Texas for training on a new Apache attack helicopter, then off to the Middle East (probably Iraq or Afgan) until Januray of 08. Could be as far out as May of 08 though.

My thoughts go out to all of the other military members and their families on this board and everywhere!

Just found this wonderful thread. Over 400 members of our area National Guard was deployed including my nephew Major Corey Seats who had his second child on August 16. I know he arrived in Iraq last week. We had families who had more than one member deployed. One had the father and son and another had both son in laws. I understand they are to be locating IED's along the roadsides. :sad1: We are all praying for their safe return in about a year.

God bless each and every one of our military and their families! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. This is a great thread! I am so thankful that I was able to IM with my 21 yr old son in Afghanistan tonight and he's hoping to be on a plane out of there later today after almost 6 months (he left right about Mother's Day). He's headed back to his "home" base in Anchorage, Alaska but hopes to have a stopover in the Minneapolis-St Paul airport about 3 hours from here on the way. Then if all goes well he'll be home around Christmas for leave and a trip to Disney in early January. Please send us pixie dust! And help me pray for his safe return. We're anticipating another 1 yr deployment somewhere after that but hoping for the best.

Here's his info:
SRA Garret Bushnell
United States Air Force, EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
Currently Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan

:love:

My husband, Oliver, is in Iraq as a FLE commander. I pray for his safety, strength, purpose, and happiness/joy.

God bless each and every man and woman fighting for our country!

:grouphug: God bless all our troops :sunny:
My husband and son are nearing the end of their second year tour :woohoo: . My son is SGT Kevin Casey with E Co, 1/67 AR, 4th ID, Fort Hood, TX :love: and My husband is SGT James Casey with B Co, 1/67 AR, 4th ID, Fort Hood, TX :yay: . :goodvibes Son should be home in a week and husband in two weeks, can hardly wait. :worried:

Galahad said:
My Nephew is a new Marine. My sister sent me this link to a great site for parents and family members of Marines. Check it out - it's Great!

http://www.marineparents.com/USMC/boots-photos.asp

wish they provided pics like that when my DD went through boot!

BTW - I like your sig links! DD was a bassoonist with the USMC, SIL is career USMC (CH-46 repairs). Also have 2 DDs - USN (1 -career, 1 just finished 8+ yrs) and 2 SILs USN.

Prayers and support to all our men and women serving (and those that have served) our country!

My uncle (Army), who is going for the second time. For now he is in Mississippi, but after Christmas, he will be sent to Afghanistan.

Linxzy said:
My uncle (Army), who is going for the second time. For now he is in Mississippi, but after Christmas, he will be sent to Afghanistan.

My son is in Afghanistan. Maybe your Uncle is part of the unit replacing my sons'. Is he an MP?

Please add my BIL Michael Tarnowski, currrently in Iraq, home base Hawaii

He and my baby sis have 2 very young children and my sis is having a hard time right now.

Thanks from a former Navy wife.

What an incredible thread!:goodvibes :grouphug:

My thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with our service men, women and their families-

Friends that are close to my heart please keep in your thoughts and prayers-

Ryan- Army
Shelby- Army
Kristy's dh- Air Force-deployed
and Tom- Marines (currently just outside of Baghdad)

God bless all our troops :grouphug:

Laura- Proud Daughter of a US Marine-:hug:-Semper Fi

Please add my grandson, Ronnie Supernault, to the list. He was just sent in October to Iraq. He just got married and has a new baby that was born just before he deployed. He is also with the units from Ft. Hood, Texas. This is a great site. Glad that I found it!!!

Please add my kid's bus driver's son, Jeff Ware to the prayers. This is his third tour of Iraq. God bless all our military.

Pam

My husband is not over seas yet but he will. Please add him.

Thank you,

Christina

PS I'm not sure on all the information yet. He is Sargeant Stuart Kirksey of the United States Marines. He is in 0311, and his unit is from Montgomery AL. They will be leaving the us in July.

People, I do not mean to sound mean or anything like that but I really don't think that you should be putting your relatives' full name, rank, where their unit is from and what their travel dates are on-line. Some have given way too much info and although this is a Disney Site, you cannot stop anyone from reading it. My son was in Somalia(sp) for 2 yrs. and one of his buddy's mother put his address out on the internet for others to send mail to him. She ended up having Military Police at her door and her son was shipped to another place in the dead of night!!!

I did 3 yrs in the Navy during Viet Nam and we were constantly reminded NOT to give any information to anyone about anything!!!!! It could cost a service man, his unit and many others their life!

I understand how you are feeling, as I have been down this road many times with my son and now my grandson. Please be very very careful what you put out in public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter