Service men/women to Keep in our Prayers...feel free to add to the list

We just received word that my friend's fiance's tank unit was moving into Iraq when there was a fatal accident. We don't yet have any word if Ron's OK... :(

Well, the accident happened on Monday and Ron's parents have not been called, so we're assuming it wasn't him.
:( Still sending my prayers to the family of the soldier who was killed....

Cpl Andrew J Sikora, USMC
C&E R&S Platoon
USS Iwo Jima

current location-unknown

We know that Marines from his ship have been sent to Iraq. No one has heard from him in more than a week so we can only assume he is currently in Iraq.

Lots of Prayers please.

And thank you for this thread.

Hi Pembo ~ Please let me know when you hear from Andrew. I sent his Easter Basket...He is in our prayers (as with ALL our men and women protecting our great country)

Two of our groomsmen left last week for Iraq: Jason in the Army and Lou in the Air Force. DH met up with a bunch of friends last weekend before Lou left, and apparently a good number of their friends are over there. (They went to a military college, so, well, all their friends are in the military!) So please keep all the VMI Class of 2002 grads who ae over there in your prayers!

I wanna add my friend Charles Smith who is over in Iraq. He's a Marine from Camp Pendleton. Luckily I finally heard from him the other day and hope things are going good for him.

Sending pixie...

I am still praying that our men and women will come home quickly and safely....and praying that we do not have a reason to do this again for a long time :)

Nephew Brandon
Marine Corp Attorney
leaving for a ship in Africa next month

I hope this is ok, but my DH's home port is in Mayport, Florida on the USS John F. Kennedy. It hasn't been sent anywhere since it came back from Operation Enduring Freedom last summer. But DH just got sent to Norfolk, VA for weapons excercises for a week. He'd rather be here in Chicago with DD for Father's Day, but he is not complaining. I'd just wanted to add him onto the list for your prayers.

And for his late father:
Marine Sargeant Major Keith Haddow
laid to rest in Fort Sheridan, Illinois

I wrote a little story about DH and his late father somewhere on the CB, I guess to ease the emptiness of this Father's Day a little.

Prayers to all military who have to be away from their families.

I can't believe I missed this for so long!
My BIL is Staff Sgt. Sean McConnell
1001st Army Reserve quartermaster unit
currently near Balad, Iraq
Robin M.

I have never been on this board before, Have been all over a couple of the other boards before, Glad to find this one and this thread. I will be praying for all our service personnel over seas and here at home.

I met and married my husband just after the first Gulf War. He was in the Air Force. He was a SGT. instructing the military populace (sp?) with Disaster Preparedness, I belonged to Operation Homefront here in FL. When he came back from Saudi, we met, and married and as they say the rest is history, 12 years later. (Some said it wouldn't last.) What a story that was, we were even on the front page of a local paper.

He has since been out of the military but a police officer now and has friends that were sent over to the Middle East, both Afghanastan and Iraq.

He wanted to reinlist when this all started, but his job here is important to.

My heart goes out to all those with family members over seas and who have lost loved ones.

My prayers are with you all. God Bless and be safe.

Diane

I too have missed this thread...I'd like to add my nephew: I'd have to go look up all the info but I know -

Josh LaTurno
Somewhere in Northern Iraq
Army

Thanks to all who serve our country!!
You're in our prayers.

Today in church our chaplain announced that one of the regiments at our sister base (located an hour away) received word that they will be deployed until April of next year, one full year after leaving their families. This was very unexpected because many thought they were only being deployed for 4-6 months. All of the family members of this regiment are here in Italy at this base and our chaplain mentioned that some families are taking the news very hard. One pregnant woman upon hearing the news stated she didn't want to live any more, she didn't want her baby to live, she just can't handle the seperation. So, if you have any spare prayers please keep these families in them because they not only are dealing with their loved ones seperation and their loved one being in a "hot" zone, but they are trying to live their lives in a foreign country where life isn't always as easy as being in the US.

tiggerlover, I will say some prayers. It is hard being a military spouse. Now I'm an Police Officer's wife, it never is easy to worry about a loved one in a dangerous profession.

mmiller711 only 2 days til your trip. Here's wishing you a safe and happy trip. Are the grandchildren or child going with?

May God Bless you all and keep you safe.

Diane

Please think of
my friend
Kim StLaurent
who is 23 and serving with the National Gaurd in Iraq
also my nephew Nick Chaisson who is 23 and in the Air Force and has just been sent to Saudi

Let them ALL come home safe!
:)

PAttyT

My nephew has been in Kuwait for 201 days. He was hoping to be home by the end of the summer but just found out he could be there until Nov or Dec. He also just found out he is being sent to Iraq soon. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We are very scared for him!

Carol:

I would like to post my daughter:

Spc. Heather Sudeikis
Army 101st Airbourne
Just returned from Iraq end of July.
Many of her company and friends are still there,
lets keep all our Men and Women serving in our prayers for their safe return.

Thanks
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter