Service dogs on rides?

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
I am looking for resources or info anywhere if SDs are allowed on any rides. Clearly not roller coasters and the like, but what about things like Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth etc. where you enter a ride vehicle and are pretty much stable?

We are very new to this situation.

I don’t know the answer to your question but this reminded me that as we were exiting FOP the other day we saw someone walking out ahead of us with a very small dog. I couldn’t help but think, “Where the *heck* was that dog while you were flying through the skies of Pandora???”

I think service dogs can ride thing without high requirements. ( I think TSMM is an iffy one) I know I have seen them on pooh spaceship earth and a few other things for rides that they can not go on you can have a member of your party stay with them ( and get a rider swap or go on the ride the CM will let you know what one to do) or you can create them ( they have the crates at the rides)

The Disney World website is your best source of information. This is a link to their webpage about Service Animals: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/service-animals/

For the attractions the animal can’t go on, there will either be a kennel at/near the boarding or unload area or you can do Rider Switch. For that, one or more member of the group will go on the attraction while one or more stays with the dog. When the first group is done riding, they will switch so the person who was with the dog can go.

From that page:
Restricted Locations for Service Animals
Service animals are restricted from the following locations:

Magic Kingdom Park
Epcot
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
So, basically, it’s most of the attractions with restrictions. There are also some with cautions; for those, some dogs might do fine, but it may either be uncomfortable or cause problems for other dogs. Or, at least you might want to be aware of what in that attraction might be an issue so you can prepare. For example, Spaceship Earth has a section where ‘Rome is burning’ which has a smoke smell; some dogs might want to bring their handler out of ‘danger’ if they smell that.

Service Animals Permitted with Caution
Guests with service animals should check with a host for attraction and boarding information at the following attractions:

Magic Kingdom Park
Epcot
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom Park

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter