Service Dogs and WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney actually is required to provide crates for service animals at the attractions the service animal cannot ride.

Crates are not a “courtesy”. NFB fought for certain accommodations so that blind people can have equal access to enjoy the parks. We have never used the crates- we prefer rider swap, but many people don’t have that option.

https://www.ficlaw.com/class-action...ts-a-little-easier-for-the-visually-impaired/

Disney actually is required to provide crates for service animals at the attractions the service animal cannot ride.

Crates are not a “courtesy”. NFB fought for certain accommodations so that blind people can have equal access to enjoy the parks. We have never used the crates- we prefer rider swap, but many people don’t have that option.

https://www.ficlaw.com/class-action...ts-a-little-easier-for-the-visually-impaired/

Do you have a link to the actual ruling? Your link is just to a blog post, which really isn't an official thing.

Both sides are partially correct in this discussion.

Kennels at the attraction are not a courtesy, Disney is required to provide a kennel if the guest requests one.

However, neither are they required to have one at each attraction where a service animal can’t ride. The settlement says Disney “will provide” not Disney “will maintain”.

So, the guest can ask for a kennel, and if there isn’t one there at the moment, a CM will need to go get one. But there is nothing in the settlement that says there must be a kennel at each non-service animal attraction at all times.

That’s a lot different than as a “courtesy”. (Previous poster referred to the kennels that way) If a guest requests one Disney must provide one.

Last edited:

Well I am talking about the NFB and guide dogs however we all know CMs arent able to distinguish between service animals, therapy animals, emotional support animals ..so whatever. They must have the kennels (based on the ruling) so they DO have the kennels. And must provide the kennels. I don’t understand the pissiness on this disabilities board.. kinda sad peeps can’t kindly help each other. I don’t post much because i see so much misinformation (currently on the other service dog thread} and I don’t want to a get into it with anyone as I also see so much snark and think why bother posting anyway.

Last edited:
Well then...that’s what I said above you. So great. Thanks for reinforcing my point. There were previous posters saying the kennels were only a courtesy. That’s why I added the NFB info.

The majority of people are nice, not trying to nitpici, contradict or be contrary.
Unfortunately, a little vinegar sometimes overpowers the sweet.

I am closing this thread at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter