Sequoia Lodge Trip Report with Pictures (Part 5)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
CAST: I (Laura) and DGH (Disney Grumpy Husband)
IN: Jan 2nd, 2005 (Sequoia Lodge)
OUT: Jan 6th, 2005

We selected an early line up to be in strategic position for the first Motor Stunt Show. I was in the first row ready to take lot of pictures, while DGH was in the back, with a not-obstructed view, to videotape everything. But, unfortunately, as soon as the show started, the batteries of my camera expired :( and DGH was far away with all the backup equipment. What a shame !!!! ... we will have to see the show once more :)
I will not describe the show ... the pictures are self explanatory!

It was time for the Cinema Parade

HINT: You don't need to line up in advance for the Studio Parade; there is plenty of room for everybody. Go there just five minutes before the parade begins.

My fur had a big success among the "actors" that were anticipating the parade: they greeted me, saying I was looking like a star! And Cruella made a special stop to ask me where I found a so beautiful fur and proposing to purchase it ... WDW Cruellas don't have too many opportunities to interact with furs!

f5900aac.jpg

HELP! Cruella wants my fur!

Studio Cinema Parade is a normal Disney Parade with floats having movies theme and, as expected, Mr. Incredible was leading the Parade.

f58f6988.jpg

Mr. Incredible greets the few people watching the Cinema Parade

It was time for a short heating break and we got a snack at Backlot Restaurant; I got a Mickey pizza while DGH enjoyed a Croque Monsieur (French Toast with ham and grated cheese). Backlot is a nice counter service restaurant with walls and ceiling filled with movies props.
After the break we went again to the Motor Stunt Show ... well ... you know why. My camera worked this time!

Time for an evening visit to the main park. From Main Street we enjoyed the small parade anticipating the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony, when Princes mounted on horses and Princess, on a carriage, were reaching Central Plaza.

f58f697e.jpg

Princesses ready for the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony

Back to our room; we wanted to check if antiallergic pillows are now there (DGH was grumping that he was not able to breath with feather pillows); everything OK :)

HINT: If you need antiallergic pillows, just ask for them at the Reception !

f58f69a8.jpg

Our room 1

f58f6994.jpg

Our room 2

Dinner was scheduled at the Yacht Club (Newport Bay). It was our best (and most expensive) dinner. I got the Transatlantic menu (39 Euro!) while DGH (grumping for the prices) went for the less expensive Regatta Menu ("just" 32 Euro).

f58f699e.jpg

I (with a few layers less than usual) at the Yacht Club

I had the Quartermaster's platter (four different appetizers), pan fried sea bass on a bed of noodles and an apple crumble; DGH got warm goat cheese and onion confit pie, filet of duckling with blackcurrants and pineapple confit with spices (DGH likes “strange” tastes in case you didn't realize that)

To be continued

DISCLAIMER: Hints are accurate when written. There is a chance that they will be no more valid when you will need them!

First parts of the trip report are at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=710060
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=710576
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=7274779#post7274779
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=711237

HI These reports are great.Thanks very much and I look forward to the next exciting enstalment. :jumping4:

Thanks for the next installment. Nice to see the picture of the bedroom as Sequoia Lodge could be our next possible visit :)

Reid

Laura and DGH,

Oh I'm just loving your reports...and The Sequoia Lodge rooms are very simular to our Lodge...I know you both love good food so it looks like you enoyed your dinner at Yacht Club (Newport Bay). Yummy. Off to read the next report. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter