• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sequoia Lodge Trip Report with Pictures (Part 3)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
CAST: I (Laura) and DGH (Disney Grumpy Husband)
IN: Jan 2nd, 2005 (Sequoia Lodge)
OUT: Jan 6th, 2005

Fantillusion is a three parts parade. There are four "good guys" floats, four "bad guys" floats and four princesses floats. The parade starts from Town Square and proceeds towards the Castle and to the Pizzeria Bella Notte. There are three stops, and in each stop something happens.

HINT: If you view the parade from Main Street or Town Square you will miss one or two of them! In effect the first stop happens only when all the floats are inside the park, so from those locations you will not see the stops of the first floats

During the first stop you see the good guys jumping out from one of the floats, singing and dancing.

HINT: Most likely for each stop you will have a good view only of what happens near one of the four-of-this-kind floats, so maybe it's worth to view again the parade from a slightly different position

f59239c4.jpg

One of the "good guys" float

The second stop is the best: the four "bad guys" have a transformation and gain power: Maleficent becomes a dragon, Jafar is transformed into a snake, Ursula inflates and the Queen ... well guess what? :)

f592384f.jpg

f5923861.jpg

Jafar's transformation

During the last stop the platforms lift up and Princesses and Princes greet the people watching the parade !

f592385a.jpg

Jasmine float

Time to leave the park and to go have dinner. We had a reservation at Hunter’s Grill, one of the two SL restaurants.
I got the "Ranger's Rotisserie" (27.50 Euro) and had to eat ALL the following: Yosemite Salad with poached eggs, Roasted Chicken Leg, Herb Sausage, Mignon of Pork, Roast Rump steak and a dessert, while DGH went for the vegetarian menu (DGH grumped that he was not able to eat everything was included in my menu); so he only had Yosemite Salad with poached eggs, Vegetable pie with red peppers, Tomato and sweet corn relish, baked pineapple in maple syrup, pancake stuffed with rice, corn on the cob, pineapple and French beans... and of course he had the dessert too :)

HINT: at the Hunter’s Grill you will eat A LOT! Go there only if you are hungry and you will not be disappointed :)

MONDAY 3rd of January

We were quite tired, so we decided for a late wake up; when opening the windows we discovered with pleasure that the weather was still better than CNN forecast! Sunny !! When we were ready for our breakfast (included in the hotel fare) it was 10AM

HINT: At check in you get a ticket for each day with a fixed breakfast time. But they looks more as "pass" to have breakfast than real "time schedule", waiters don't look too much at the reserved time

HINT: You can ask for a different breakfast time for each day of your staying

We read very bad review of SL breakfast, so we were ready to try it once and to skip it in case the following days. But it was not so bad, after all. OK, you don't have "hot stuff" (you have to pay an extra if you want eggs, bacon ...) but for the rest it was OK. It's an all you can eat buffet with fresh fruit salad / yoghurts / ham / cheese / croissants / cereals; moreover you can have (from machine) orange juice / coffee / tea / chocolate / milk and something black that the French call "espresso" :)

It's just a few years that Paris Studios are open (DGH traded an inauguration pin!)
pin9587

We were there just once, so we decided to visit the Studios in our first full day, and to start with the Car Stunt Show: we took some pictures to post on the board as preview of the WDW show...... stay tuned!

DISCLAIMER: Hints are accurate when written. There is a chance that they will be no more valid when you will need them!

First two parts of the trip report are at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=710060
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=710576

Lovely photographs, I've always struggled with night-time shots :guilty:

Hunters Grill made me feel hungry :)

Reid

Excellent trip report! I love the photos and all of your hints are great! Do you have any photos of your room? Thanks again for the report.

Me again Laura,
I guess it was me that tried to put you off the SL breakfast - I kept complaining about the coffee in my report last year... so I'm glad you enjoyed it after all and didn't let my grumpiness over it keep you from it. I agree that the times are quite arbitrary - they will let you eat any time you arrive. Most people don't realize this however, and many have skipped breakfast altogether when sleeping through their disignated time or getting a late time when they want to be in the park already. It's a shame really.
You mentioned 'fresh fruit salad' - if they have that now it's a great improvement over last year when the salad was all from tinned fruit.
So enough about food! I hope your studios report will be up before I leave! (which is in 8 hours and I haven't even packed! yikes!! - addicted to the boards is one thing, but this is ridiculous!! )
:D :flower1: :D

Loving the photos!

You are right that the choice of site for viewing the parade is very important. Someone suggested that the best spot to see the Halloween parade was in the open air theatre just to the side of the castle. Had a great view there but when I went back in the next day I decided to stand on the corner of main street, just before the parade circles round the plaza and disappears from view. I know it was standing and I was weary by the time it finally appeared, but I think the view was marginally better from there.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter