Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay?

Just booked the Cheyenne for 4x adults, 4 nights/5 days.
Hotel, park tickets, breakfast, pause-gourmande and half-board meal plan ... £1,032.
So £258 each for the week (10-14 October).
I call that reasonable for a theme park.

Just booked the Cheyenne for 4x adults, 4 nights/5 days.
Hotel, park tickets, breakfast, pause-gourmande and half-board meal plan ... £1,032.
So £258 each for the week (10-14 October).
I call that reasonable for a theme park.

That resort - 2 adults for my dates is 1404 Euros (3 nights)

September 24-27/16 -2 people
I'm not familiar with the resorts but aiming to get one closest to parks due to recent knee op

The price increase for those dates is because it falls across the first RunDisney weekend at DLP, and all prices across all hotels have been massively increased for the occasion. I know, as I've had to book for then!

The price increase for those dates is because it falls across the first RunDisney weekend at DLP, and all prices across all hotels have been massively increased for the occasion. I know, as I've had to book for then!

Yup, which is why we're there too!

We're planning our first trip to Disneyland Paris in June 2017, and have already booked a Montana Room in Sequoia Lodge with the 2 days/2 nights free offer on the Irish website. However, now I'm wondering if we should switch to Newport Bay. The new, refurbished rooms at NB look wonderful! We are DW vets, and love both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club, so theme at either would be great. Many of the comparison reviews online are pre-rehab at NB, so I would love some more updated thoughts. Thanks!!
Hi,

The Sequoia Lodge is not even close to the Wilderness Lodge at WDW. :sad2:

Yes, The Sequoia is ok, but for your own best, if possible try to get all your WL thoughts out of your head. :teeth:

Yes, it's nice and "lodgey" but I found it more like a convention center, with a little '70s touch. :rotfl:

Have you been to the Yacht Club at WDW? Then you'll love the newly refurbished rooms at the Newport Bay Club. :thumbsup2

And if your budget allows, I'd splurge and get a concierge room. :boat:

September 24-27/16 -2 people
I'm not familiar with the resorts but aiming to get one closest to parks due to recent knee op

Ah, and you're there for that event? Yes, the prices will be higher then! I'm actually surprised there's ANY availability left to be honest!

C x

OP here... Ended up switching to Newport Bay! Really excited for our first trip to DLP! Now we just have to wait for it to get here!!

Bit late to the party here but I love Newport Bay, it's so pretty. We stayed in one of the refurbished rooms last year and it was lovely!

We're going back to stay in SL this year actually so in a few months time I would have been able to do a proper comparison...sorry!

Hope you have a great time.

The price for these rooms seems outrageous to me :(
December 22-24:
$1434 Sequoia Lodge
$1172 Santa Fe
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Any other suggestions?

The price for these rooms seems outrageous to me :(
December 22-24:
$1434 Sequoia Lodge
$1172 Santa Fe
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Any other suggestions?

For how many of you? Which website did you search through? I'm guessing the US one as you've quoted using dollars? Try the UK/Ireland/French/Belgium ones! Also, that price includes breakfast and park tickets don't forget.... You are also looking in one of the peak tiems being the Christmas holidays, covering Christmas Eve, AND part of the weekend!

C x

For how many of you? Which website did you search through? I'm guessing the US one as you've quoted using dollars? Try the UK/Ireland/French/Belgium ones! Also, that price includes breakfast and park tickets don't forget.... You are also looking in one of the peak tiems being the Christmas holidays, covering Christmas Eve, AND part of the weekend!

C x
2 adults. DLP USA Website. I know it's a peak time unfortunately. Maybe what we should do is switch and do DLP on the first two days or our trip the 17th and 18th (but that is Saturday and Sunday) would that be worse crowd wise?

OP here... Ended up switching to Newport Bay! Really excited for our first trip to DLP! Now we just have to wait for it to get here!!
Hi! :wave2:

I posted earlier with my temporary profile Fuzzylife75.

What an excellent choice, you'll love it there. :boat:
Don't forget to post a trip report when you're back! :thumbsup2

:tinker:

I am just back yesterday from the Newport Bay and all I'll say is Wow we loved it ... The hotel and staff were amazing :) I'll be doing a full trip report soon

2 adults. DLP USA Website. I know it's a peak time unfortunately. Maybe what we should do is switch and do DLP on the first two days or our trip the 17th and 18th (but that is Saturday and Sunday) would that be worse crowd wise?

Definitely try your dates on the other DLP sites - the US ones are notoriously expensive!

C x

Definitely try your dates on the other DLP sites - the US ones are notoriously expensive!

C x

I can book on Orbitz to get the free Half Board and get 15% off. Is there any reason that I shouldn't book through Orbitz?

I can book on Orbitz to get the free Half Board and get 15% off. Is there any reason that I shouldn't book through Orbitz?

I've never heard of Orbitz, so can't give an opinion! What price have they given you?

I've just done a quick search for your dates (22nd - 24th December) on the UK site and for Hotel Santa Fe I've had this:

22nd - 24th Dec, 2 nights 3 days, £784 ($1049.53)

It also came up with the following:

22nd - 25th Dec, 3 nights 4 days, also £784 ($1049.53) - 1 night and 1 day free!

21st - 23rd Dec, 2 nights 3 days, £666 ($891.57)

Now I've looked on the French site for Santa Fe:

22nd - 24th Dec, 2 nights 3 days, €777 ($865.24) - 25% off

21st - 23rd Dec, 2 nights 3 days, €660 ($734.96) - 25% off

21st - 24th Dec, 3 nights 4 days, €763.10 ($849.77) - 35% off

Hope that helps!!

C x

Did a Google Search for this topic so I'm bumping this thread. I have Newport Bay but SL was coming in a little cheaper for my dates so was wondering if it made sense to switch. But based on this thread, seems like most seem to prefer NB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter