sequoia lodge help

lori13

Earning My Ears
We have booked a standard room in the sequoia lodge but have looked into upgrading to a golden forest room, we are going in January for 4 night is it worth paying £152 extra to upgrade we are a family of 2 adult, 10 year old and a baby.

Hi there,

That's seems like a good price if you can afford to upgrade :) we took the decision to upgrade for our trip in December for the following reasons;

1. Travelling with a baby we might find it difficult to adhere to a certain breakfast slot (if we had had a bad night etc) so the open breakfast have us some flexibility (and avoided any scrum for food!)

2. We've been in the winter a few times and at that time of year it can be so cold - the idea of a hot breakfast and free hot drinks in the afternoon sounded like a good idea to warm up and prepare for or wind down from the cold parks

3. We really want to ratatouille but were worried about queuing with the baby and a 4 year old - the hotel fast pass sorts that issue out as we can walk straight on :)

4. It meant that we were in the main building which is handy for the lounge, the bar, the shop etc as we don't need to get the kids wrapped up to go to most places other than the pool - whereas in a lodge we would need pushchairs, coats, hats etc just to go to breakfast which could be a bit of a pain

As you can see most of our thinking was weather based so I'm not sure if we would upgrade I. The summer but now that we have I am really looking forward to it - as a family we have only ever stayed in the Santa Fe and Cheyenne before so I'm hoping it will be a lovely treat :)

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter