September or October for our Honeymoon 2020?

All_things_disney_brit

Earning My Ears
Looking for a bit of advice for planning our Honeymoon in 2020. We absolutely adore all things Disney and Universal so Orlando was an easy decision for us. We are looking into having 2-3 weeks in Florida around September or October 2020 (were flexible on dates from end of August) but can’t decide when would be best.

Main concern is amount of rain and crowds (Halloween), I usually visit April/may so I’m used to those level and not much rain. I’m worried September will be a wash out and october will be too busy.

Open to suggestions and any advice you can give, just want our honeymoon to be special in the most magical place on earth :-)

We're going in October next year as I was worried about rain too (even though it can still happen in October). I just felt better not taking that chance for September.

Have you got anything nice planned?

I think for October you need to worry more about Veterans Day/Jersey Week than Halloween. We are typical May visitors as well and have gone for Halloween now 2 years - that whole week is very quiet according to TP, I was wildly surprised to say the least.

We're going in October next year as I was worried about rain too (even though it can still happen in October). I just felt better not taking that chance for September.

Have you got anything nice planned?
We’re the same I’m worried September would be too much rain, but wasn’t sure on the October crowds.
We haven’t made any plans yet, but thinking of doing a couple of weeks at the parks and maybe a couple of nights by the beach to relax. I just love all the thought of a Disney honeymoon trip so trying to get the wedding date to line up. If you have any recommendations I’m all ears 😊

I think for October you need to worry more about Veterans Day/Jersey Week than Halloween. We are typical May visitors as well and have gone for Halloween now 2 years - that whole week is very quiet according to TP, I was wildly surprised to say the least.
Thanks for the advice 😊Yeah we are usually May visitors too so October is a bit unknown. Are the October crowds much worse in your opinion?

Thanks for the advice 😊Yeah we are usually May visitors too so October is a bit unknown. Are the October crowds much worse in your opinion?

We've only gone during Halloween, which is a popular time for kids to stay home to trick-or-treat locally - so it felt relatively quiet. Others will have more insight regarding other times of the month!

We did our anniversary starting the 1st weekend after Labor Day for 11 nights. I was worried about rain too but between the price and low crowds September won. We were not disappointed. We only ran into 2 nights of rain - it didn't spoil the plans it only slowed us down a bit. The parks didn't close due to weather. The crowds were very low so some rain didn't bother us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts