September Exercise Challenge - Get Fit For Fall!

Hi all! I’m finally back to sort of normal. It was just awful not being able to do anything. But I started back slowly today. Just a 20 minute walk after brunch. Lol! You knew food was involved ☺ Glad to see that everyone is going strong! But I noticed @GrandAdmiralStrife hasn't’ posted in a while.. all okay, I hope!🤞🏻

Last edited:

This month has not been great. I am still dealing with the foot issue. I thought it was better and then I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and the pain came back. Then I ended up sick with the stomach bug for 4 days. I am still going to try and hit my goal.

Sept 4 -- 20
Sept. 5 -- 19
Sept 6 -- 34
Sept 7 -- 62
Sept 8 -- 10
Sept 9 -- 45
Sept 10 -- 0
Sept 11 -- 0
Sept 12 -- 11
Sept 13 -- 0
Sept 14 -- 0
Sept 15 -- 0
Sept 16 -- 13
Sept 17 -- 35

Total 303/900

Hi All,

Headed down to Universal/HHN tomorrow so this will be my last update until next week. Set my goal a bit low this month but won't be including those minutes walking the parks. Hope everybody has a healthy and productive week, talk to you guys soon!

Monday - 35min walk + 25 on the elliptical
Tuesday - 30 min elliptical

890/1000

75 minutes walking - I can start adding back in light weights now, so I'm looking forward to doing that. Never thought I'd say those words! : ) Ha!

855/1200

piglet1979, so sorry you're having a tough time. Hope you feel better soon.

BonnieF, glad you're back at it!

sophy1996, hope you guys have a great trip. I miss WDW (and planning for WDW), but it will be at least 2021 before we head back there, I think. We're going to London next month, and then France (including DLP, at least!) in 2020.

MikeNamez, have fun!!!!

@sophy1996 - it’s soooo hard to pick and choose! I have some favorites but alway try to get to the new stuff. Some of it looks amazing!

Yeah, we've been watching way too many YouTube videos. Tends to make the list longer rather than shorter.

sophy1996, hope you guys have a great trip. I miss WDW (and planning for WDW), but it will be at least 2021 before we head back there, I think. We're going to London next month, and then France (including DLP, at least!) in 2020.

Thanks! This is our first real WDW trip since May 2015 (though the actual last time I went to WDW was for one day with my nephews at MK in February 2016). There have been a lot of changes that we have to try to fit in, like Pandora and TSL.

London is my favorite city in the entire world. I'm sure you're going to have a great trip!

I’ll add 20 minutes walking Friday and 40 minutes putting the garden to bed Saturday. Why is it so much faster to deal with than in the spring?
We’re doing it early because we’re crossing the pond, too, next month. To celebrate our 40th anniversary, we’re taking a river cruise on the Rhine. Since we’re already over there, we’ll finish the trip in Paris - which is where we always wished we’d taken our honeymoon. We may need a new thread for all our trip reports!
(175/1000)

Last edited:
200 minutes - walking (also had a museum day in the mix, PollyannaMom - an exhibit I saw and loved a few weeks ago is leaving tomorrow, so I had to go back to visit it one more time), caring for the horses (might go for an easy ride tomorrow - we'll see), weeding, weights

1055/1200

BonnieF, part of our France trip for our 25th next year will be along the Rhine. We'll be in Strasbourg for a week and doing day trips from there to Germany and an overnight to Switzerland. We'll spend a couple of days at DLP before that and then a few days in Paris at the end of the trip. Cannot wait!

sophy1996, definitely make time for Pandora and TSL. FOP is fantastic. I also enjoyed Na'vi because it's relaxing and very pretty, but I personally would choose Pandora for a FP over Na'vi since I don't have to worry about motion sickness. DH will get Na'vi from now on since he did get sick from FOP. TSL is adorable!!!!!! DD and I loved all three rides. We waited an hour for SDD since we couldn't get a FP for it, and it was worth the wait to us. We rode it at night, and the lights were so pretty. I like it better than Space Mountain, Mine Train and BTMRR, but not as much as Everest or RNRC. I wonder if Galaxy's Edge is making it easier to spend time in TSL. I haven't kept up with any of that.

9/20 40 minutes
9/21 3
9/22 56

361/450

DH and I are walk /running 3 times a week. Planning on doing the 5k at Castaway Cay on our December cruise. I was telling DH should train for a 10K after, and he says he will only do one if it is a Disney 10K , he doesn't care with one. So if we keep on running, we will be picking a 10k to do next year.

BonnieF, part of our France trip for our 25th next year will be along the Rhine. We'll be in Strasbourg for a week and doing day trips from there to Germany and an overnight to Switzerland. We'll spend a couple of days at DLP before that and then a few days in Paris at the end of the trip. Cannot wait!
Paris is amazing. We took my girls to 2 of the USA women's world cup games in Paris in June. Of course we did Disneyland Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!