September damn those British holidays

Azune

Earning My Ears
Hello, I wonder if anyone could answer me a question, me and three mates are thinking of coming over in September whats the weather going to be like? Is it a good time of year for crowds and rain etc?

Any other tips?

Thanks!
Chris

I was there last year from 9/20 to 9/25, the weather was still very warm, the mid 80's it was still humid but not as bad as it is in July. We did not have any rain.
The MK was busy on Saturday, but I was able to get a good spot to watch Spectro Magic and the fireworks. During the week MK and the other parks were not crowded at all, most wait times were 10 minutes. It is a great time of year to go.

It tends to be a relatively uncrowded time, September is peak hurricane season. As WDW is inland, it is generally not directly affected, though if there is a hurricane offshore during your stay, you may get backwash rain.

We go in late September most years, and usually there is only the occasional brief thunderstorm. The parks have only had to close due to hurricane one time, for Hurricane Floyd, Sept. 14-15, 1999.

There is another possible drawback to be concerned with in September, round 2 of the lovebug mating cycle. This usually carries over from late August into early September, so the latter half of the month is generally fine. Lovebugs don't bite, but when they are in cycle they are constantly flying in the daytime, and it's a nuisance.

We're going in September too! I keep freaking out about the lovebugs but I figure I can deal. We chose it because of the low crowds. I hear October is a "nicer" time to go but unfortunately we didn't have the option to go in October. If I had a choice, I'd say we would have moved our trip down to the end of September. Regardless you might like it because of the low crowd season.

We went to WDW in late Aug - early Sept 2001. We were there over Labor Day weekend - which ended up being the busiest time of our trip, but still not very crowded. We really enjoyed September because of the weather - warm enough to swim everyday, go to waterparks & enjoy the water rides without freezing. :)

This year we're going back in Sept. I'm hoping to go the last week so we can be there the 1st weekend of Oct for the F&W Festival & maybe even a MNSSHP. We have to wait & see what our schedules are. September is a great time to go - low crowds & great weather! HTH!:sunny: ::MickeyMo

:D thats for your replies Im really looking forward to going, probably aim for late september early october then from what you are saying. I have never heard about the love bug thing before so thats interesting.

I haven't been for a while so im looking for ward to Mission Space and other things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter